• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Brightwood Tower! I can see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
Didn't they say that driftwood was where your father was raised though? If that is the case and i'm not mistaken, it should be the Gypsy camp. Although I thought the same exact thing when I saw the Spire.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I cannot say you are incorrect there, Apollo, but I do recall the chap in Millfields (the one with the broken bridge) explaining that the Hero of Bowerstone was raised in the Gypsy Camp, which is just straight across the bridge (still in Millfields).

They kept consistent with that particular region at least, everything is where it should be - Hero Hill, the Gypsy Camp, the overall layout.

I believe that may be what you are thinking of, however.

Reaction score
I cannot say you are incorrect there, Apollo, but I do recall the chap in Millfields (the one with the broken bridge) explaining that the Hero of Bowerstone was raised in the Gypsy Camp, which is just straight across the bridge (still in Millfields).

They kept consistent with that particular region at least, everything is where it should be - Hero Hill, the Gypsy Camp, the overall layout.

I believe that may be what you are thinking of, however.
I am interested in Apolloes thoughts aswell, but for u, Millfields is Bowerlake,so the old gypsy camp must be nearby cuz on F2 it was.

Gaelan

Reaction score
Thanks for the consensus, at least in the general way; I was mostly just excited to find something completely on my own in Fable 3, and the resemblance was unmistakable for me at least, so I thought I'd share it and see what everyone thought.

Maybe we won't ever be able to do anything with Brightwood Tower, but I'm still interested in the path that seems to lead towards it and the fact that the signpost back along the path points into Silverpines (and says 'Silverpines' on the sign itself) which kind of suggests that Brightwood is still over there, but the way to it is cut off right now. At least that is what it seems, but again I could just be wrong.

Gaelan

Reaction score
Dude or girl, Its not brightwood tower, the top is not brightwood tower, there is no way, and u could easily see if it really was bright wood tower, when u get high enough with the camera u can see down it a little bit, soooo, my conclusion is, brightwood tower wasnt just a tower, it had like an addon, like a lower level, the top of the tower was like a tower that would be attatched to an oldschool midevil castle, its not the tower, that is the end of it.

It's okay, I think I know where you are coming from, since for the general part we don't actually get a good look at the whole tower itself. When I first found the outlook, that I took the second picture from, I also didn't realize the tower was shaped that way, and it took me a bit to get used to, since for the most part we're on a lower elevation looking up at it, making it difficult to get a good idea of it's structure. So I can understand where some people might have a different idea of the tower in their minds.

Glyre

Reaction score
Ok so i might be wrong, but while were on the note of location, i noticed while in driftwood lookin at the spire, its about were oakvale from F2 use to be, remember when u get back from the spire and your on the dock, its right by the spire, same as driftwood

Remember that an object as large as the spire would look similar from many places along the coast. While it's fun to speculate, it's not a small, say, rock formation off the coast, it's a giant edifice in the middle of the ocean. It's going to be hard to pinpoint a shore based on its placing.

Reaction score
It's okay, I think I know where you are coming from, since for the general part we don't actually get a good look at the whole tower itself. When I first found the outlook, that I took the second picture from, I also didn't realize the tower was shaped that way, and it took me a bit to get used to, since for the most part we're on a lower elevation looking up at it, making it difficult to get a good idea of it's structure. So I can understand where some people might have a different idea of the tower in their minds.
So wut are u getting at
Remember that an object as large as the spire would look similar from many places along the coast. While it's fun to speculate, it's not a small, say, rock formation off the coast, it's a giant edifice in the middle of the ocean. It's going to be hard to pinpoint a shore based on its placing.
And?

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
Driftwood is NOT the gyspy camp but rather the lands NEAR it. The Cullis Gate on top of the one island look just like the on on top of hero hill in F2. Therefore, ...Aw screw this, I give up. haha sugar crash FTW!

Archmenel

Reaction score
That's what I thought I had said well enough a few posts back. So, I agree with you *grins*.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
That's what I thought I had said well enough a few posts back. So, I agree with you *grins*
I was not saying I was correct, I am a bit indifferent on this. I just remembered someone saying that the Hero of Bowerstone had been raised in Driftwood, which would imply that it was the Gypsy camp from fable 2. However the area reminds me more of Oakfield than anything to be entirely honest.

Archmenel

Reaction score
No harm. Don't worry; I'm not quick to bite a person's head off because they have a different view like some appear to be here.

What I was offering for your consideration was perhaps you heard that statement when you offered to rebuild the Gypsy Camp bridge from the man there. I know I've heard it there. And it makes perfect sense with Fable II, as the Gypsy Camp is but a stone's throw from the spot where you offer to reconstruct the bridge for 750 gold (and is part of Millfields, formerly Bower Lake).

Gaelan

Reaction score
I was not saying I was correct, I am a bit indifferent on this. I just remembered someone saying that the Hero of Bowerstone had been raised in Driftwood, which would imply that it was the Gypsy camp from fable 2. However the area reminds me more of Oakfield than anything to be entirely honest.

Though this is off topic, some remains of the gypsy camp can be found in Millfields across the bridge; there is a caravan half buried in the ground and the remains of the wooden poles the gypsy's used to make a wall around their camp as well. Additionally, the note left by Reaver tells the 'squatters' to vacate, which would mean that they left by the route leading to Driftwood and established their community there. So I agree with you about the Driftwood 'gypsies' (I think they call themselves eco-warriors now) are the descendants of the people from the Gypsy Camp from Fable 2.

Also, the geography of Fable 3's Albion (on say, the map table) does not 'show' every part of the land that was seen in Fable 2. Oakfield, for one thing, was north of Bowerstone and if we use the Spire (which was located in the west) as a guide for directions, as the only other thing to be used is the sun itself, Bowerstone is north of Driftwood. That said it does have a somewhat Oakfield-like feeling to it, which is nice. Less farm-like and more islands-connected-by-bridges-like.

Reaction score
Though this is off topic, some remains of the gypsy camp can be found in Millfields across the bridge; there is a caravan half buried in the ground and the remains of the wooden poles the gypsy's used to make a wall around their camp as well. Additionally, the note left by Reaver tells the 'squatters' to vacate, which would mean that they left by the route leading to Driftwood and established their community there. So I agree with you about the Driftwood 'gypsies' (I think they call themselves eco-warriors now) are the descendants of the people from the Gypsy Camp from Fable 2.

Also, the geography of Fable 3's Albion (on say, the map table) does not 'show' every part of the land that was seen in Fable 2. Oakfield, for one thing, was north of Bowerstone and if we use the Spire (which was located in the west) as a guide for directions, as the only other thing to be used is the sun itself, Bowerstone is north of Driftwood. That said it does have a somewhat Oakfield-like feeling to it, which is nice. Less farm-like and more islands-connected-by-bridges-like.
Were is this remnents of the gypsy camp located in millfields

Archmenel

Reaction score
Right off from the bridge you rebuild(the circle path around the entrance to Driftwood)...it still has the basic shape of the old Gypsy Camp. Like Gaelan said, there can be found some pieces of an old caravan and a few other things.

Gaelan

Reaction score

In Millfields, across the bridge that leads to the entrance to Driftwood, go to the note left by Reaver, walk past that towards the Driftwood entrance on the right, but then before the exit turn left. You should see a big caravan and sticking out of the ground in two places are the poles the gypsies used to make their wall.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
You try to argue and prove points, but you haven't finished one very important sidequest? You’re tainted. The stain will never wash out. The sun shall never shine upon you again. Tainted broken little toy.

Archmenel

Reaction score
If only you could have somehow simulated the voice of the misshapen bastard when you typed that. His voice was irritating and yet interesting simultaneously.

Reaction score
You try to argue and prove points, but you haven't finished one very important sidequest? You’re tainted. The stain will never wash out. The sun shall never shine upon you again. Tainted broken little toy.
Wut are u talkin about?? i have did all quests and i i argue because most the time i kno what im talkin about, i kno were drift wood is, but i dont kno were this little area is they are speaking of? unless they are talkibn about drift wood

Archmenel

Reaction score
Not Driftwood. Right before, still in Millfields. Gaelan explained the directions better than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.