• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Broke game after 20 Minutes

Twilight

Reaction score
Broke game after 20 Minutes

Got a New Elite....Played Fable Moved 360 up abit so it wouldn't slip of desk....game scratched Barley now wont work.......I'm ****ing ****ed.....Anyone know how i could possible fix this?

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Broke game after 20 Minutes

Try cleaning? I suggest yellin at the guy who sold it.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Your not supposed to move the 360 with the disc in it, it's your fault, and it's a laser scratch, unfixable.
If its a circle around the disc, a perfect circle, then you can't fix it, you'll have to get a new one.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

You cant move the console while its playing... as you now know... nothing you can do about that really. Its stated many many times DO NOT move it while its on and theres a disc in.

Twilight

Reaction score

I dident move it Like pick it Spin it around. The end of it was dangling of the desk so I pushed it up abit =/ yes I know it's my Fault I asked if there is a way to fix not a reminder that I cannot play this game anymore.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

I've happend to be very lucky with my games. I've tipped it over while it was on and the game was inside. Whew good thing they never did that.

Also are you laying your Xbox flat? It seems to scratch like that more when flat.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Twilight;221995 said:
I dident move it Like pick it Spin it around. The end of it was dangling of the desk so I pushed it up abit =/ yes I know it's my Fault I asked if there is a way to fix not a reminder that I cannot play this game anymore.

Even moving it slightly, the disc misaligns and hits the sides when it spins.

Twilight

Reaction score

Dark Drakan;221998 said:

So is it gone forever? I'll go in to the store tomorrow and try get a replacement... There's no big circle or anything on it.

T

Tymolus

Dark Drakan;221998 said:

I didn't know it was that sensitive..this thread may save me a game in the future but I'm sorry it had to be at your expense, Twilight :(

N

Ninjanoob509

try going to your local video rental store... they most likly can resurfece your disk for a fairly cheep price... it might help

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Twilight;222001 said:
So is it gone forever? I'll go in to the store tomorrow and try get a replacement... There's no big circle or anything on it.

If its scratched enough to stop it working or got any surface damage you cant repair it.

Tymolus;222003 said:
I didn't know it was that sensitive..this thread may save me a game in the future but I'm sorry it had to be at your expense, Twilight :(

Yeah lots of consoles are unfortunately (most say not to move them) however the 360 is really sensitive as it works both ways up and discs have to adjust accordingly.

led_zepp123

Fables 27th greatest fan
Reaction score

when i bought my xbox i dont know but the laser wasent aligned properly or summin. so when i put the 2 disc's that i got with it, they got scratched to F***. So you can imagin how anoying it was after waiting for a month for it to arrive in the mail and then after 2 days haveing to send it off to xbox to get it fixed. took them three months to fix it. but then they didnt send the face plate, i was a little tickeed off, the poor cusomter help lady got an ear full and a half and a lot of **** ***** ******** and ****** but i finally got it back. but man thats nuthin compared to getting fable 2 and then getting it scratched. mine were just viva pinata and forza 2 man do i feel for you. but youl stil get a new copy before me i have to wait a month till my exams are finished to play it. (gose off to cry his little heart out)

S

Specter777

My genius friend moved my 360 from horizontal on my desk to vertical while playing Rainbow 6 Vegas...I got a full ring around the disk. After many times cleaning it will work OCCASIONALLY. Like said before..just get a new game. Sorry dude

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

um go back to were you bought i and ask for a new one that usually works for me if i bought it earlier

M

Malikh

Microsoft has an offer to send them scratched games with $20 bucks to get a new one.

Otherwise, head up to blockbuster, rent Fable 2, switch discs, bring it back and pay a small fine. Profit.

Twilight

Reaction score

Going back to shop tomorrow and getting a Replacement.

I'll just say it Stopped during play and wouldn't reload.

T

Tymolus

Twilight;222084 said:
Going back to shop tomorrow and getting a Replacement.

I'll just say it Stopped during play and wouldn't reload.

...that's the truth too :D nice!

Twilight

Reaction score

Tymolus;222086 said:
...that's the truth too :D nice!

The worst part was I was only a kid.....After months of Waiting I finally got a taste of fable 2 and it was so Good Then I was like "JESUS CHRIST WHY THE **** IS THE 360 SO LOUD?" then I saw it slipping and thought that might be it.....Pushed it back up abit and BOOM.

R

Rolandk73

Always read the manual. 10+ years of gaming have taught me that every console has its own nuances to be aware of.

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

I broke my game recently too. Fixed it with toothpaste though :thumbsup: