• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Buying/Selling money making technique

T

Teh Vicious 22

Buying/Selling money making technique

Ok, so I've read all the money guides about buying and selling the items that are in green text and just buying all of an item (diamonds, rubies, etc) from vendors and selling back to him but when I do this I always lose money. I have maxed guile and everything but I'm not sure what's up because I'm never making a profit. Can anyone help me out?

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score
Re: Buying/Selling money making technique

maybe you havent been buying in mass quantity? its best to go to oakvale. buy all the gifts that have a lot in stock cause theyll be cheaper. then sell em back. at first itll seem like you didnt make money, but repeat the process and youll start rollin in the dough

J

Jack of Spades

man is right, you probably either buy smaller shares or of course you only did it a few times

Reaction score

No, what you do is;

Go to Knothole Glade, go down to the bottom where the guy with the diamonds and rubies are. When you click buy, make sure he has a full inventory of the rubies/diamonds. That way you buy them for a profit (Cheaper than what they usually are) Which will show that by being green. Then because he now has an empty invent of them, he will buy them off you for higher than the usual price, (About 200gold higher or so) So sell your 40 odd rubies, giving you about 150k profit. Repeat over and over.

H

Hoax

not idea what you guys are on, but with my copy of them game (Fable, vanilla, downloaded from the 360 marketplace for 1,200 MS points), i simply cannot get a profit from buy/selling

I tried picking individual items to buy all/sell all (like, instead of buying the merchants entire line of gems, just all the diamonds) and i lose money like nuts.

tried buying out the entire stock, both green and red price gems, no profit

tried buying out the entire stock of green price gems, no profit

I have yet to try buying out the merchants ENTIRE stock (everything he owns) and reselling, but I'm not that rich

Oh and there are NO merchants in knothole glade village that sell gems, at all

just what in the sam hell am i doing wrong? or has MS nerfed this little hiccup for the 360 downloadable version?

B

Belladonna

Have you tried the Oakvale vendor? I wonder if you can make a profit on the perfume?

H

Hoax

Belladonna;189467 said:
Have you tried the Oakvale vendor? I wonder if you can make a profit on the perfume?

just tried him, purchased ALL the perfume (like 69 bottles), backed up two menus, sold it back to him.

tried the same with emeralds, both times i saw losses of 7,000 or more. What am i doing wrong?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

You don`t have to buy all the items, I usually start out with a couple of gems/rubies/diamonds what ever they are. I don`t have money to buy all of them at first... Buy as much as you can afford. Then, travel to another location and sell them to a trader there - if you want to sell and the selling price is green, it means you are making a profit. With max Guile, you`ll be rich in no time.I think I travelled between Oakvale and Bowerstone North.

Dentie

Reaction score

Teh Vicious 22;171387 said:
Ok, so I've read all the money guides about buying and selling the items that are in green text and just buying all of an item (diamonds, rubies, etc) from vendors and selling back to him but when I do this I always lose money. I have maxed guile and everything but I'm not sure what's up because I'm never making a profit. Can anyone help me out?

What version do you play Fable or fable The lost chapters??

Cuz my friend did it on the normal fable and it didnt work for him

S

Sephiroth

I know a way that you can get Skill exp money and evil points. But you need steal and enough gold to buy a chain mail armor.

J

Johnnycky94

All you ahve to do is buy a bunch of beer. Get the vendors/store owners drunk and push them out of their building and steal all their items for sale, do that in every town and i Gaurentee you will have a profit!!!

X

xxx emo vampire

no wat you do is 2 things

1. go to oakvale, go to weapon shop, stand in corner at end of shop and steal watever you want and sell it back cause as long as you stay close to the wall he cant see you just dont do it on the ones on the counter infront of him (unless your relly good at it like me) same with oakvale itom shop

2. get a good 1000-2000 gold trophy by a house cut the door down put trophy on trophy wall and sell house, then run into house take out the trophy and buy it agine run in the house put trophy on wall sell take off wall buy and just repeat as needed

p.s. the most expensive trophy is about 2600 i think

B

Belladonna

Hoax;189531 said:
just tried him, purchased ALL the perfume (like 69 bottles), backed up two menus, sold it back to him.

tried the same with emeralds, both times i saw losses of 7,000 or more. What am i doing wrong?

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong.:'( What does sound wierd is the amount of losses you are sustaining. Have you downloaded any mods by any chance?

D

DireDarknil

In my experience when I do the trick in the original Fable I sustain great losses, but when I do it in Lost Chapters I rake in cash.

jwc2200

Reaction score

The person who asked the question has not been back to this site since the day after he posted the problem. He doesn't need help any more.