• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cigarette Branding.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Addiction is a powerful thing, people. Take it from an alcoholic. It's been 6 years and it's rarely a day that goes by when I don't think about drinking.

With regards to the packaging thing, UK laws at least have changed and now you can't even display cigarettes in stores - they have to be hidden behind closed doors and requested by a customer. So the whole "is it pretty or not?" thing kind of becomes a little redundant to me.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I have a right to smoke if I so choose to do it and I do.

Just because smoking is an obviously bad habit does not give you the right to label all smokers as inherently stupid.
As a nonsmoker, you also can't assert that there are no gains from smoking because by the very nature of it you would have no idea.

The people who feel the way you do are exactly the people who should get no say in how the laws are made. You can have your emotionally charged views, but it makes you forsake critical thinking and reason. The fact is that people choose to smoke and continue smoking of their own accord. Yes, there's the obvious factor of addiction, but the reality of it is that no one can quit ANYTHING addicting unless they generate the willpower themselves.

If it's an obviously bad habit, then any gain you get from smoking is naturally smaller than the losses you suffer. I'm not calling you stupid, but the decision of smoking is, in my opinion, inherently stupid. I'm saying I agree with ScareCrow, perhaps not so harshly, but then again I always (not to total strangers though) let smokers know I disagree with what they are doing.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ladies, FYI, if you smoke you aint getting anything from the Tsuyu.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I'd say smoking is definitely a choice

so is deciding to listen to justin bieber but that's been known to kill people

just because it IS a choice doesn't mean it SHOULD be a choice

Ladies, FYI, if you smoke you aint getting anything from the Tsuyu.

only reason you need to not smoke, gals

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
....................................................................................................................
Yeeeeah, sorry if you got offended by my comment or upset
Upset? No. I disagreed with it and posted accordingly. My response to TRA Rotid's post applies to you as well.
If it's an obviously bad habit, then any gain you get from smoking is naturally smaller than the losses you suffer. I'm not calling you stupid, but the decision of smoking is, in my opinion, inherently stupid. I'm saying I agree with ScareCrow, perhaps not so harshly, but then again I always (not to total strangers though) let smokers know I disagree with what they are doing.
Taking Hume's Law into account, I'm willing to agree to disagree if you are.

just because it IS a choice doesn't mean it SHOULD be a choice
Yes it does. See what I did there?

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
It's estimated that 1/3 of packs in the UK are fake cigarettes from China anyway, delicious cigarettes that contain 80% more nicotine and 130% more carbon monoxide than normal, plus insect eggs and human feces. And one wonders why addiction is hard to break when **** (literally) like that is in there.

Is it a big industry? Sure. The Chinese smoke 2.2 trillion of the death sticks every year. Good for them.

As for me, none of that, no alcohol, no coffee, and basically nothing else that's addictive. I like to be in control of my own mind, thankyouverymuch.