• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CORRUPTION; A WESTCLIFF TALE

M

Marshtoad

CORRUPTION; A WESTCLIFF TALE

CORRUPTION
Created In The Mind Of: Marshtoad/FaintPaintbrush

AUTHORS NOTE: I would like to inform
you that in this story,
Oakvale is rebuilt after the destruction
of The Tattered Spire.

PROLOGUE
In a nightmare, you don't think of anything. Only the small percentage of fate that you will escape from the wicked, corrupted dream. Naturally, that is all a nightmare is. A once pure dream, gone corrupt. It may seem like an amazing sight at first. But then, like in all worlds, chaos strikes. Imagine, the flowers you were once skipping through die, the once beautiful, bright sky turns into a spiral of dark clouds, and thunder shakes the earth. As quick as wind, a pure, and fun dream can evaporate into a corrupt, vile nightmare.

But, Darion Pecker never thought of that.

Darion Pecker lived as a town guard for the once horrible, bandit filled city of Westcliff. It had became a thriving, trading town after destruction of the The Tattered Spire. Darion was a pure soul, and did not believe in any of the evil ways. He never drank alchohol, he did not believe it was necessary. Darion would never in his life be caught stealing. But these are the requirements for a guard anyways; to be a pure soul, and never be caught DEAD doing anything corrupt, or wrong.

ONE

Darion woke up to the long, deep ring of the Westcliff bell. He realized what it meant almost instantly. He jumped up and threw on his guard clothes. He reached for his master katana, which was equipped on most high-ranking guards. Darion didn't bother grabbing his blunderbuss, he just needed to get out of his small home and find out what the trouble was. He ran outside and slammed the weak wooden door to his cozy little home. Darion noticed the sheriff, Rupert, yelling to his fellow guards, and letting lead fly with his clockwork pistol. The guard ran down the hill and ripped his katana right off the sling from his back.

"What's the trouble, sheriff?" asked the guard, trying to catch his breath.

The sheriff looked at Darion, "Do I need answer that?" he scoffed, pointing to the feeble wooden town gate.
Four or five town guards were pushing up against the gate, and every few seconds a large force would hit the gate, sending wood flying in all directions. The gate looked like it would break momentarily. The sheriff shook his head, "The force attacking us is still unknown, I have commands from the Mayor to get their leader alive," informed the sheriff, shooting another shot at random towards the gate. Darion nodded quickly, "I'll get right-"
But a nearby explosion interrupted him. The rest of the town guards watched as the whole gate blew to bits.
Then they saw their attackers. Their were about four dozen of them, grabbing their katanas and aiming their pistols. It was the Oakvale guard! In total shock, Rupert yelled for a retreat to the town enforcement lines. The town enforcement lines were a few dozen sandbags piled up, with razor sharp pieces of wood. They were insured for protection of all town homes; including the Crucible.
As quick as possible, all guard ran back to the enforcement lines. A few of them were shot downin the process. Darion grabbed a pistol off of a guard and began to fire. Quickly, one, two, and three Oakvale guards were shot down. Suddenly, a loud gunshot filled the air, and a voice yelled "STOP!", and from the lines of Oakvale guards appeared the Oakvale sheriff, Gustav. He threw the blunderbuss aside and confronted Rupert, holding a cutlass to his throut. Gustav whispered something into his ear, that was way to silent to hear. But Victor, being as valiant as usual, decided to step forward.
"What is the meaning of this?" he cried, pointing his pistol to Gustav's head. The Oakvale sheriff seemed to tense, and turned slowly to Victor. "We are in desperate need of food and land, there for, this land is ours. This land will belong to the Oakvale Empire in weeks time!" he then reached out for a pistol, and pointed it to Victors head. The three stood their, each and every one of them about to die. If one shot, the others would pay the consequence. A Westcliff guard stepped forward, in one hand he held a pistol, and in the other a whip. He was one of the Crucible creature trainers. Gustav slowly lowered the gun and cutlass, and stepped back slowly. The trainer laughed and snapped the whip. A large wooden gate opened, and out came a dozen giant beetles. They chased after the Oakvale guards, landing on their face. The poison would kill them completely.
"Mercy! Mercy!" the guards cried, retreating to the forest. But Dorian wouldn't allow it.
"Get the burning tar!" he hollered, shooting down a guard with his pistol. Just then, burning tar was sent through the air, blocking the one way out of the city. The Oakvale guard immediatly set on fire, and the beetles jumped off and returned to their cages. Dorian shook his head as they ran out to their fiery death. He slowly walked up the hill to his home.

How..
How could I do that..?
They begged for mercy..
But I didn't allow it..
By the light, what is wrong with me?!

He walked into his home and threw his pistol and katana on the floor. He lay on his bed, not paying attention to anything. He didn't bother to reply to the call of his sheriff. He didn't bother to reply to the bark of his dog. He just lay there, thinking of nothing, and not doing anything. He didn't even reply to the knock on his door. Wait. The knock on his door. It kept coming. Every few seconds there would be a kock, getting louder and louder. Dorian finally jumped up and grabbed his pistol. It was the middle of the night, why would somebody be knocking at this time? He pulled open the door only to see a highwayman.
"What do you want?" he growled, pointing the pistol at the man.
"Your time and patience," said the man, stepping inside of the room. Dorian dropped his pistol, and sat down on the table next to the man.
Dorian watched him with careful, green eyes, "Who are you?" he asked, a certain curiosity filling his voice.
The highwayman stopped for a moment, looking like he was thinking. Hard. "Hmm. How about you just call me.. Mr. Blank," he said, then beginning to rummage through his backpack.
Dorian looked confused, "Okay, Mr. Blank, what do you want?" he asked once more, holding up a hand to silence his dog, who was barking away at a innocent squirrel who was hopping around outside. Mr. Blank looked up at him for a moment, "Just let me do the talking, okay?" he said, then continuing to rummage through his stuff.
"You're great great uncle was an assassin," he began, "So was your great uncle, and even your uncle that passed away a year ago," he said, pulling out a small knife, sharpening it on a stone. "Your uncle. Dedicated his lifes work to you. But were not aware of this, until now." he said, throwing the knife, letting it land right above the window. "Go to his house, be there before dusk, in his basement you will find an assassins paradise."

"You will continue your family legacy.."

TWO
The young man awoke with a shutter, and opened his eyes to meet the morning light. He did not know where he was when he awoke. He reached for his katana, but it was not there. His pistol was gone as well. He let in a breath, but only smelt his uncle. He quickly got up and looked around. He saw Mr. Blank and a few others gathered around him.
One of the men nodded, "Yes, he is the One!" the man frantically moved about the room, collecting various items off the shelves. Mr. Blank looked down at Darion, "You okay, son?" he asked, giving out a hand to help him up.
Darion nodded, "How did I get here?" he asked, taking his hand. All over the walls were pictures of Darion's uncle, and some other people that he did not know. He saw katanas lined up all across the walls. One of the men known as Hood answered Darion's question, "I brought you here," he said simply, holding out a silver, master katana. Darion looked at it, on the handle was the words Darion Pecker. The guard took it, and continued to listen. Mr. Blank cheered, "You are him! You are! You are the Assassin!" handing him boots and a curved hat, then rummaging about looking for more clothing. Darion nodded slowly, "I guess.. I am" he said blankly, taking a coat that Hood handed him. He put it all on, and realized he looked just like them. He slung the katana across his back and looked around the room once more.
A voice echoed through his head.
It was his uncle.
.. You are making the right choice, even though it may seem
wrong.. You are the legend that all have spoken of: you may not know it but you are the Albion's Assassin. You remember those books I read you as a kid? That was you! It used to be me, and then it was your great uncle Jerry. It all started out with your great great uncle Moxim. Surely you have heard of the dark temple he created? The Moxim Murderers. That is what Mr. Blank and Hood are from. You are they're king!

MOXIM: Pronounced "Mawkseem"

"I am your king," muttered Dorian slowly, unsheathing his katana. He repeated the words twice and moved toward Hood. "You're from the Moxim Muderers?" he asked, a slight growl in his tone. Hood nodded quickly, "Y-yes we are, my lord Moxim" he stuttered out, bowing down to Dorian.

Hmmm.. Yes, I like that name,

A single voice stood out over the silence. It was Mr. Blank.
"..You..You have a murder request sir.." he managed, reading the scroll out loud.

"Dear Lord Moxim,

I have found out of your return, and I wish for a murder to take
place in Westcliff. The town sheriff, Rupert, is a salicious pig. Slaughter him by all means neccessary,

By your honour,
Gustav, Oakvale town guard
"

Dorian let out a loud chuckle, "Oh, if I must.." he moved over to the wall to grab his master crossbow. On the side read the words "Moxim, Albion's Assassin". He laughed once more, and nodded.

"This will be quite fun, my dear Rupert,"

THREE
A loud snore echoed deeply throughout the barracks halls. A man dressed in black held a master katana as he snuck throughout the halls. He quietly opened the door, finding the source of the snoring. Rupert lay on his bed, his pistol on the desk right next to the bed. Fear filled the assassin's heart as he struck. Within an instant, the assassin made a floor board creak and the sheriff jumped up, holding his pistol to the assassin's head.
"Don't move," he growled, closing the door behind the assassin. But the assassin was foolish, he twisted his blade and struck at Rupert. Rupert simply dodged the attack, and shot the assassin in the head. Killing him instantly. Rupert grumbled loudly and lay back down in the bed. Right when Rupert lay down, a shadow in the corner got up. Albion's Assassin erupted from the shadows, as quite as a mouse, but yet, as swift as a fox. He quickly killed the stupid sheriff, and slid out of the barracks. Just as he reached the town gates of Westcliff. The alarm went off, somebody was breaching the city!
Moxim put his katana on it's sling and hid behind a bush, "Damnit, why are these guards always coming here," he growled as a few Oakvale guards ran into the city, beating the villagers to a blood pulp.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: CORRUPTION; A WESTCLIFF TALE

AWESOME!! WRITE MORE PLZZ!!! REP.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

This should be in Fable II fan fiction.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

It is in the fan fiction :p

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

^ It's in the Fable 1 Fiction.

NOOB. :D

Though, it's an awesome story and well written.

Rep.

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

Nice story please write more if there will be a continuation. +rep

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Awesome...Just awesome+rep

SORAYISS