• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crime System- Total fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
So, while for my first play-through I always play a Good character(my offline profile) I also like to be evil on my Live profile, i decided it would be fun to have a rampage in Brightwall, and it truly was fun rampaging in my dog suit. However when i noticed a "timer" similar to the one in Fable/Fable:TLC, I thought to myself it wouldn't be a problem, Fable/TLC's crime clock was much better. but this new one is rediculous I logged off last night at 42 minutes left and Just got on to see 26 minutes left...this is a total epic fail, and whats worse the community service is a regular job, no going out and hunting monsters, no, just tedious Pie making.(I love pie making when i'm earning money)
I don't know if this is intentional or just a bug, but it's ****ing me off. For those of us that like to be evil and go on rampages for our own amusement i find that this is over-kill, we shouldn't be punished this severely just because we wanted to shoot Bob the Baker in the face. Theres not a lot of things i have found wrong with the game(Yet) However i find this to be absolutely retarded.

Does anyone know if the Crime clock is bugged or is this how its supposed to be?

Also are their actual monster killing quests to pay off crime gold like in fable 2 or is it Just jobs.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i agree. i also hear that having one of said timers can render the main quest to a halt. that's completely, COMPLETELY ridiculous. that isn't free choice of hero, that's making people ultimately conform to a neutral to good role and providing the illusion of moral freedom.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking about returning the game for a refund, this just ****es me off. They could have done much better, I hope this gets fixed maybe with a patch because at the moment there is absolutely no point in being evil, they totally ruined it.

x339

Reaction score
That is very bad news to me. I was planning on reaking havock with the inquisitor. Can you atleast oppress people as the king?

Twilight

Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking about returning the game for a refund, this just ****es me off. They could have done much better, I hope this gets fixed maybe with a patch because at the moment there is absolutely no point in being evil, they totally ruined it.

I think it has to do with the consequences..You can't be expected to get off lightly for butchering an entire town.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
cant you just decrease the funding on the guards?

Twilight

Reaction score
Also I think the crime clock only goes down while your playing the game not while Xbox is off.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
One thing that annoyed me was after I defeated Sater the bandit dude, I broke a door in the MERCENARY CAMP and it said it was a crime.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the consequences..You can't be expected to get off lightly for butchering an entire town.

Well the consequences are total over-kill. I'm fine with having to go out and do community service if it was more like Fable 2, killing monsters, instead you have to do one of the job's. When you have over a 10k bounty on your head it can be a pain in the ass, but as soon as you quit, if you feel like quitting your crime timer goes up, which is ridiculous, they should have just kicked you out of town until you where ready to complete your community service. It shouldn't go up unless your actually resisting arrest, or killing people, the whole crime clock sucks, I mean what the hell, I seriously have to wait 1 freaking hour, (thats not game time thats actual REAL TIME) to get back into town without being chased by the guards? What the F***!?
The fact is, if you play a good character you will be happy and mostly enjoy yourself. But if you want to play as an evil rampaging bastard(like I sometimes like to do) you're totally screwed. They're punishing evil players more then was needed.

Rosencrantz

Reaction score
Question: I accidentally resisted arrest in Brightwall and the guards started to attack me. I left the town and figured after a little bit they'd give up. About 20-30 minutes later I come back to the town and the guards still want my blood. I say screw it and try to let them knock me out, but the only thing that happens is I get knocked over and get back up, apparently losing -something- in the process but I don't know what. I see no "crime clock" or anything like that. How the hell do I get the guards off my ass so I can go about my business in the town again?

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Charity pie making.

Usually, theres the up button on the d-pad will display a little white flag if you have the safety off, your character will say something like: "wait stop i'm sorry" and the guards will talk to you again. Then you can have fun doing tedious jobs to pay off your crime gold.
What fun!

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
Solution: Don't go on a 'ridiculously ridiculous' manslaughter and expect the guards to forgive you after you leave town and renter.
You could also save before the slaughter.
As a final note, quit QQing over stupid things.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Solution: Don't go on a 'ridiculously ridiculous' manslaughter and expect the guards to forgive you after you leave town and renter.

Guess what? Half the the threads on these forums are people QQing about problems. If you don't like me complaining or anyone for that matter, **** off and don't read. It's simple really.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
So... you want crime to be legal? Seems like Lionhead dun good

somethingnaughty

Reaction score

The **** do you tell someone NOT to go do something on a video game? Who the **** are you to go and tell someone not to do something on a video game? How the **** would you like it if I came into your house and busted your console because I did not like the way you played?

What the **** is modern algebra anyway? Its ****ing algebra. gtfo dude and take your pile of dirty pennies smelling vagina with you.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
The f*** do you tell someone NOT to go do something on a video game? Who the f*** are you to go and tell someone not to do something on a video game? How the f*** would you like it if I came into your house and busted your console because I did not like the way you played?

What the f*** is modern algebra anyway? Its f****** algebra. gtfo dude and take your pile of dirty pennies smelling vagina with you.
What a hero.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
So... you want crime to be legal? Seems like Lionhead dun good

At what point in my post did I even say that? would you care to point out where I said there shouldn't be any consequences for crime?

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
The f*** do you tell someone NOT to go do something on a video game? Who the f*** are you to go and tell someone not to do something on a video game? How the f*** would you like it if I came into your house and busted your console because I did not like the way you played?

What the f*** is modern algebra anyway? Its f****** algebra. gtfo dude and take your pile of dirty pennies smelling vagina with you.

First Impressions...

Status
Not open for further replies.