• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DAMN ME BEING ENGLISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
Sorry, OP - being a Brit squaddie posted to Canada means I'm about 4 hrs into it. It's worth the wait - fight through, mate!

BTW, the Americans speak English, but don't write it, given their bizarre aversion to the letter 'u'!

Autarch

Reaction score
Americans don't make beer, they **** in a bottle, chill it and sell it off.

Seriously, it makes me a bit ill whenever I see a kid in England drinking Budweiser. I mean, I know they probably don't know better, but seriously. give me some Westvleteren any day of the week. I wish I had some to hand right now. =(

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Scotland is far superior.

And so is Wales.

And Ireland.

Sorry, England.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Also, the Isle of Man.

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
well i am now REALLY mad because of my englishness. Whilst we have to wait till friday for the single most amazing game, the americans already have it.... GRRR (no offence to americans by the way :lol:)

I wish I was English. I'll trade in getting Fable III earlier, so I can have Bangers and Mash every day.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Americans don't make beer, they **** in a bottle, chill it and sell it off.

Seriously, it makes me a bit ill whenever I see a kid in England drinking Budweiser. I mean, I know they probably don't know better, but seriously. give me some Westvleteren any day of the week. I wish I had some to hand right now. =(
i've really been dying for a chance to use this, and i'd like to thank you for giving me the first opportunity.
i mean, honestly, that's about as generalizing and racist as can possibly be. we have idiots in our country, but so does everyone. before you judge our beer quality, maybe you should try one that's actually good and not just popular. if everyone thought like you then BrokeNCYDE would be called the best band in america.

gerzev

Reaction score
Oi, what about us continental Europeans? We have to wait just as long and you English have Friday at least one hour before us so give us some credit too, we're dying of envy as well. :p

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
i've really been dying for a chance to use this, and i'd like to thank you for giving me the first opportunity.
i mean, honestly, that's about as generalizing and racist as can possibly be. we have idiots in our country, but so does everyone. before you judge our beer quality, maybe you should try one that's actually good and not just popular. if everyone thought like you then BrokeNCYDE would be called the best band in america.

I concur. Local breweries in my hood have the good stuff.

I know it's easy to say, "Oh, yeah. Budweiser is awful, so all American beer is bad." Just as silly for me to say, "Oh, Spice Girls is an awful band, so all music from the UK must be bad."

Disclaimer: That's just an example. I like the Spice Girls.

You feel?

Urath

Reaction score
But WHY does the game have to come out on a friday for god sake 3 days after the initial release 1day fair enough but threeee!!! i h8 microsoft for individually discriminating the rest of the europe from baskets of fable fun

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Scotland is far superior.

And so is Wales.

And Ireland.

Sorry, England.
Don't make me laugh. *Cough* devolved government now child-minded by the English parliament *Cough*

Also, no real Brit drinks bud. Or Carlsburg. Or any form of carbonated cat's urine (beer/lager). We drink Chateau Le Fete '45 chilled to 3 degrees and served in a glass coated in gold leaf. Because we, once, we had an empire, and we feel disrespected, having to suffer the ignominity of not getting first picks on game releases (damn you, PM and Lionhead preferring the US of A (formerly a British colony, BTW)) . Plus, we have the queen, who is well fit!

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
I concur. Local breweries in my hood have the good stuff.

I know it's easy to say, "Oh, yeah. Budweiser is awful, so all American beer is bad." Just as silly for me to say, "Oh, Spice Girls is an awful band, so all music from the UK must be bad."

Disclaimer: That's just an example. I like the Spice Girls.

You feel?

You like the Spice Girls? :L

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I thought Brits drank warm beer?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
The best kind of weather is Spring weather. Mid 20s, sunny. Feels like Summer, but it's not unbearably hot.

There's also Cricket on!

Status
Not open for further replies.