• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demon Door FAQ's

A

Apollyna

Re: Demon Door FAQ's

What's with the Bowesrtone Graveyard door? I went in and found
a beautiful winter house, but as soon as I stepped in the door, I heard a bonk noise and the place turned into a broken down, dirty shack with skeletons everywhere. I freaked out and ran without looking back.
Please reply.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

I am having trouble getting corrupted guys I wonder if my game is glitched.

At the moment have all prices maxed out (hate doing this as shops not stocking anything now and getting abuse in town) but my rating is still full pure.

What food makes you corrupt as will have to try that.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

EquineBallet;238897 said:
PLEASE!!! I can't get into the bloodstone door, is there a secret to playing the lute? I play it over and over and over, its annoying.
This can glitch horribly from time to time - first of all, let the demon door do his speech. Then get out your lute and continue playing until he begins commenting on it. When he has finished commenting then finish playing by ending the expression within the green area on the bar. That should work - if not, then try going somewhere else and coming back before trying again.

Chrysalis;240071 said:
I am having trouble getting corrupted guys I wonder if my game is glitched.

At the moment have all prices maxed out (hate doing this as shops not stocking anything now and getting abuse in town) but my rating is still full pure.

What food makes you corrupt as will have to try that.
If you are upping the prices to max then your corruption should increase...are you sure it's corruption and not evil that's not being affected?

Food wise, well anything such as meat, fish or mouldy veg and certain drinks all add towards an impure act - check the stats before you buy to make sure. Of course you will get horrendously fat, but these things happen. If it has a minus sign next to the purity rating, it'll corrupt you.

Also sleep a lot and spend time with prostitutes - these are all corrupting things.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

fish add to your corruption without making you fat, you should steal more too.
if you're not evil enough, just go on a killing spree in the cemetary. plenty of guards to fight, and random visitors to fry, plus everyone else there is dead anyway, lol

Watson

Reaction score

I took a group of eight to Wraithmarsh and couldn't open the door (struggled to hold on to 9, if I did at all), I've finished the game and it doesn't say my renown per area anymore. Is this a really bad glitch?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Mine does the same - once I completed the game my renown levels could not be found anywhere but it did not affect the number of people I could take to Wraithmarsh. When you get people to come with you, go for prostitutes (as they will follow you whether they like you or not) and people who like you - there's less chance of some of them getting bored and wandering off or saying they don't want to come with you.

Use the Brightwood Tower cullis gate to cut down your journey time and avoid any nasties along the way - also makes it easier for all of your followers to keep up with you. I took 12 with me and 9 managed to get through the gate (the others glitched and are still, since last check, revolving in the centre of the blue flame thing), so that did the trick.

A

ApocalypeX

was up with all the knights it the wraithmarsh? i wanna have my own army:(

S

Sacrfical Monk

for Lute gotta play it till green is smallest size the stop it in the green, for laugh, there is no book, like threaten and such the expression justcomes to you when u meat said criteria,(wich is like 50-75% goodness)

Salad Dodger

The New Guy
Reaction score

I'm assuming that if someone is looking in this thread, spoilers aren't too important, so...

Is there any purpose to the poem in the Fairfax Demon door? I mean, it was nice and all, and I know there was a chest with 50k gold around the corner, but what's with the poem?

M

Maze78

EquineBallet;238897 said:
PLEASE!!! I can't get into the bloodstone door, is there a secret to playing the lute? I play it over and over and over, its annoying.

Just as Angel told above. And keep trying. I have tried for a long time, and then it worked.

Just keep playing your lute till the door stops talking. It takes a wile......;)

S

Shadows Bane

i can't get the brightwood door to open! i have every type of cheese i can find. i try to gift it to him but the game says i can only gift people next to me. i tried eating it in front of the door and still nothing. he just says "still here? please find another door, if the others knew i was talking to you i'd die of embarrassment" or something. why cant i open it?

R

r1c0l0l

fist the rookridge door you only need to do 4 dog tricks, the wraithmarsh you need to have 10 people following you, and yes, the castle fairfax door is an ass and you need to get the other eight open first, he has like 10,000 gold or something (lame)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Shadows Bane;250081 said:
i can't get the brightwood door to open! i have every type of cheese i can find. i try to gift it to him but the game says i can only gift people next to me. i tried eating it in front of the door and still nothing. he just says "still here? please find another door, if the others knew i was talking to you i'd die of embarrassment" or something. why cant i open it?
Have you tried just pressing A, letting him run through his speech and then seeing if the option to give cheese is available? As with a few of these doors you need to sometimes let them talk it out of their system before they'll let you continue.

S

Shadows Bane

Angel;250105 said:
Have you tried just pressing A, letting him run through his speech and then seeing if the option to give cheese is available? As with a few of these doors you need to sometimes let them talk it out of their system before they'll let you continue.
tried. it doesnt even have the a button anymore for the conversation. do i need to have any particular clothes when i show up with the cheese or does the clothes part come in later?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It's supposed to be that you present the cheese and he gets a bit flustered and gives you the request for clothing after that.

metherel

Breakfast of Champions
Reaction score

what does the one in fairfax have behind it?

S

Shadows Bane

Angel;250117 said:
It's supposed to be that you present the cheese and he gets a bit flustered and gives you the request for clothing after that.
sounds like a glitch then... again. :( guess ill never get that door or the fairfax door.:wacko:

Z

Zingo

I purchased a lute and played it for the door that wanted me to but he wont open!

I played it on max green, yellow, red, I failed it, I played it for 3 minutes without stopping and so on...

What do I do?

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

the ninth is in fairfax not bowerstone!
and can only be opened once you've up all the other doors.
but all it gives you is £100,000$.
which really got ppl poed!
i was expecting a super awseome weapon or quest to get a super awseome weapon!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

The Oakfield demon door asked me to Propose, I did blow kiss anyway and it worked. ;D