• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Depression

H

HomgCharlie

Re: Depression

Tsuyu;309370 said:
Then tell her so in a Visitor Message, or Personal Message? Has nothing to do with the topic at hand, or thread in general.
excuse me ignorance right after i posted i did

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

seress;309056 said:
Subconsciously we're all racists. Racism will never go away til the very end of humanity.

I don't see why. Racism is perhaps one of the easiest problems to fix. We've been watching it slowly dissapear for hundreds of years now. Why can't we see it gone altogether. It's about education and awareness.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ You're a good guy Arseface but PLEAAAASE Keep on topic, Too many times have we gone offtopic lately, Even I have.

But what you said was true, Thank you.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Arseface;309436 said:
I don't see why. Racism is perhaps one of the easiest problems to fix.

Hrm, I do wish the problem can go away. But I was mentioning subconscious racism in my reply to Lore and the problem's not that simple.

Arseface;309436 said:
We've been watching it slowly dissapear for hundreds of years now. Why can't we see it gone altogether. It's about education and awareness.

The scary part is that racial problems with racial violence show no sign of disappearing. Perhaps education and awareness can do some good but the key is to get people to truly "listen", learn to tolerate (tough job) and understand each other, accept and respect different cultures. But people are getting more and more selfish and ignorant these days. Our generation simply love the idea of "degenerating" itself, which is sad.

And now I'm kinda depressed. :lol:

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score

I wonder what kind of thing would make Paris Hilton depressed.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

If she runs out of money.

Or realises that everyone actually hates her.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Racism and biggotry is(or rather - was) for our own good.

It all stems back to when we were running around in loincloths in tribes where the distinction between us and them allowed us to bond closer with our own tribe as well as being wary of outsiders. With good cause, too, with all the fighting over things such as hunting grounds and living space between the tribes and cultures.

Us human beings never evolved beyond this, and sub-conciously you are more trusting of someone of the same skin colour and distrustful of those who are different.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

But surely we have developed enough to overcome that aspect of ourselves? We've outgrown alot of other primitive behaviours.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You'd be surprised of how much of what we do are governed by our things like that, which are passed down from our ancient ancestors. We've come to repress some of them them, to some extent, but they are still there.

But yeah - naturally we know better today and we don't go around being hateful and distrustful biggots. Well, most of us....

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Arseface;309498 said:
If she runs out of money.

Or realises that everyone actually hates her.

we should broadcast it.

Charie, btw. why do you keep posting topics with "is anyone else or is it just me" - it's pretty annoying.

If you gave a reason why you were depressed instead of making a thread and not saying anything, maybe people would be more intersted. If it's family business or whatever, why post about it and not tell us? Don't leave people in the dark about these things.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Arseface;309436 said:
I don't see why. Racism is perhaps one of the easiest problems to fix. We've been watching it slowly dissapear for decades now. Why can't we see it gone altogether. It's about education and awareness.
Have you ever heard of the 1960s?

On topic: Why announce it to the forums that your depressed? Metinks you just want posts, which is why you keep double posting and making pointless posts/topics.

H

Hexen_Harlot

HomgCharlie;309364 said:
:[ depreeesedd

We've already established that that's bull. Don't you even read your OWN threads?

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Hexen_Harlot;309536 said:
We've already established that that's bull. Don't you even read your OWN threads?
It's like saying "I'm bored!" at an amusement park.

J

jsnow

Depresion can be dangerous if not treated but i have to think its way to overdiagnosed, it seems like every other person who i run into at work is on some kind of heavy duty mood lifter, hell even my own doctor tried it on with me,
"how's everything else?" said my doc
"same old, doc" says me
"work, familly all ok?"
"yeah mortgage is kicking my ass though"
"sorry to hear that, want something for that?"
"your offering to pay my mortgage? i knew i loved you for a reason"
"no smart ass im offering something for your depression"
"my freaking what?!?!?"

so anyones else doctor convinced theyre depressed? or is mine just running a candy store?

X

Xeon

I don't see myself as Racist at all, I mingle with other races every day, they differences are just a bit more subtle than skin color.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Joe McBob;309532 said:
Have you ever heard of the 1960s?

Yes..... What's you point?

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

I can see it now. We have a thread on depression and soon someone is going to make a thread about mania or ADHD.

H

HomgCharlie

Hexen_Harlot;309536 said:
actually i do quite often whats your point​

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

"just when I thought I hit bottom, you came along and threw me a shovel".

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Xeon;309698 said:
I don't see myself as Racist at all, I mingle with other races every day, they differences are just a bit more subtle than skin color.
Yeah. Like how black people love heat and add a "ah" sound like "hollah!" or "lovah!"

Arseface;309750 said:
Yes..... What's you point?
I don't seem to recall the 1960's being hundreds of years ago.