• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you like Knothole island?

Did you like Knothole island?

• Total voters

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Did you like Knothole island?

lionhead could of just put all this stuff in to random stores and said: "here you go kids some DLC for ya' have fun kthxbye" but they made a quest for us to find it so i dont know by ppl are so mad

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

if you have trouble getting puny carrots, go to bloodstone, easy.
the thing that p!$$3d me off was try to but a regal purple dye. i spent nearly 2 hrs going in and out of fairfax garden to find a clothing trader, with dye, that wasn't one i already had. it was frustrating. Now, having to wait in a new game to be able to buy a pure extract potion, to get hal's rifle will hardly seem worth it, but still cool that it is there.
word of advice, take a dog with you.
It was all i expected it to be, which was more abut the new items and achievements than the actual towen itself. it will be good to incorperate it into a new characters game though

H

Hexen_Harlot

If the island was bigger, i wouldn't have cared about the lack of side quests. If the town was bigger, I'd be jumping up and down like a munchkin on E. But it wasn't and isnt. I'm sorry, but the Knothole Glade was my favourite town, and this does NOT do it justice. Two buyable houses is pathetic. It is, however, worth downloading, purely because the new clopthes and potions are frickin' awesome, I've spent ages playing around with scars and removal potions to get the ones i want.
And this might be trival, but... I wanted ot marry Jessica :( she's really pretty in a japanese soprta way.

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

I loved it, it didnt make all the problems I have faced from the beginning just a memory and didnt change the fact I felt the main game was left unfinished (a topic for another thread), but the DLC itself didnt feel rushed even if it had a fair amount of useless treasure to take up time on the way through it.

The only thing I hoped for that wasnt apart of the DLC (wasnt expecting it but still hoping) was some type of new arena or an update to the existing one and some new creatures would have been nice.

It seemed a tad short, but not so much that it wasnt worth the money spent on it, the dialogue was well done, and the story behind Knothole and all the items that came with the DLC was well put together and I am still finding little tad bits of information... Lionhead have earned a bit of their respect back from me with this little patch, not entirely though.

L

Lunamoon

gagnerants;261625 said:
It was alright at best, I would have been happier if it was a lower price since it was an hour of game play or under. It fixed some of the old world bugs a but started a whole set of new ones, so I am sorry but I will not suggest anyone to purchase this.

I disagree , yes it may be a little overpriced , true , however there are new achievements , I enjoyed it but then again thats just my opinion , but I think if your a genuine Fable 2 fan then its something you should get , it may be short and one main quest and some glitches but I'd say its worth it .

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Didnt even know the DLC was out! haha.. Oh mann

I aint got any money to buy it.. :(

Donate anyone??? Haha

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Loved it. Had a wonderful time. Lots better than some other dlc, so yeah.^_^

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

moonfever;261921 said:
Loved it. Had a wonderful time. Lots better than some other dlc, so yeah.^_^
ture, but some ppl still complane

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Aions;261979 said:
OMG SO FACKING.AWESOME a COM-PLANE! :thumbsup:
There's too much text in this thread, my eyes hurt :sly:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Aions;261979 said:

Yeah I know. I have been posting there as well. Got insulted a few times, defended my position, but when it got personal, decided to come back here. :)

It's much friendlier here. I love Lionhead, I just can't handle that much hostility.:(
It seems the ones that flame the most,can't stand it if you see it differently. :unsure: That's when a personal attack starts. I think I lost a good friend today.:(

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

moonfever;262057 said:
Yeah I know. I have been posting there as well. Got insulted a few times, defended my position, but when it got personal, decided to come back here. :)

It's much friendlier here. I love Lionhead, I just can't handle that much hostility.:(
It seems the ones that flame the most,can't stand it if you see it differently. :unsure: That's when a personal attack starts. I think I lost a good friend today.:(

Very true lots of ppl dont under stand the meaning of 'personal opinion'
personal being a key word... sucks about your friend though

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

I'm actually sort of surprised as many people like it as they do. I was sort of expecting more hate for it.

Anyway, I'm about to download it.

D

DragonMaster91

YEA! WEATHER TO THE PEOPLE!!

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DragonMaster91;262099 said:
YEA! WEATHER TO THE PEOPLE!!
Lmao! +rep, made me laugh :p

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Aions;262088 said:
Very true lots of ppl dont under stand the meaning of 'personal opinion'
personal being a key word... sucks about your friend though

I know, now he's PMing me, and trying to fix it. I am sorry, would do the trick. We will see. Thanks for the sympathy. :)
It's like when you stare at a Masterpiece, art, everyone notices something different.o_O
It's just personal tastes, and what one is looking for. I just adjust to a game, and make it the best way I can. I manage to find a wonderful game.:)

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

my review of it :D

i thought it was actually pretty good... but there are still some things i did not see happen really....i did not see any new weapons except for the ones in the myster box prizes but i consider those as legendary weapons, so i really did not see anything new with that...the clothes are great but i thought there could have been a little more to it. They did a great job with augments but then they started to repeat them selves.

-(there are 2 that are pretty much the same but the only different is that one kills banshes faster and shadows faster and the other one does more damage to bad guys...Etc)

The missions were pretty good i had to say, i don't know what people are talking about how they were short? they took me mababy 3 hours....>_> yes that is short but in 2 days thats pretty good i would say. i thought they could have made the island a little bigger but hey i like it the way it is. The one thing i don't like about the new DLC content tho that bugs me is that every time you leave the place it goes from a 4 star to a 1/2 star and then you have to change the seenary (parten my spelling) to make it go back to a high rating town.

i like how you can now have 4 augments on weapons but then you can take out enemys much faster. For example i can kill a Balveren with the red dragon in one clip or 3 shots in the head, but with a master flint lock pistol with 4 augments i kill one with 2 shots or one shot in the head....it kind of makes the game to easy don't you think?

But otherwise, i thought the team of Fable 2 did a great job in making the new content. There is some things that they could have worked on, or evan made it alittle longer but all together they made a great new map...and if anyone dis-agrees with me well its there opinion and my opinion states that they are retared

(Im sorry if any of you are retared out there its not ment to

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Fast7;262118 said:
my review of it :D

...i can kill a Balveren with the red dragon in one clip or 3 shots in the head, but with a master flint lock pistol with 4 augments i kill one with 2 shots or one shot in the head....

rammer... 1 shot dead

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Twilight;261614 said:
DONT BOTHER WITH THE CARROTS THE ASSASIN COAT IS TEH EXACT SAME
sorry for the double post

but you get assassn pants and boots too not just the coat