• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do Microsoft ever wipe unused Gamertags?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've grown bored with mine and want to change it, no matter what I come up with there is always some douchebag already having made it. They're not used, they are sitting at 0 games played, no avatar set or gamerscore. Is there way to contact Microsoft about removing these, or do they do purges at various intervals or something?

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I've grown bored with mine and want to change it, no matter what I come up with there is always some douchebag already having made it. They're not used, they are sitting at 0 games played, no avatar set or gamerscore. Is there way to contact Microsoft about removing these, or do they do purges at various intervals or something?

They do, but it takes years for inactivity. I know they did that with hotmail RIGHT BEFORE they started doing "Windows Live". I would assume it'll be the same for Gamertags. You could try and contact them about it. I've called Microsoft countless of times for X-Box Live questions and they have a friendly staff there that helped me find out all the information I needed.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
They do, but it takes years for inactivity. I know they did that with hotmail RIGHT BEFORE they started doing "Windows Live". I would assume it'll be the same for Gamertags. You could try and contact them about it. I've called Microsoft countless of times for X-Box Live questions and they have a friendly staff there that helped me find out all the information I needed.

...Microsoft? Having good customer service?

All three times I've called them the process was been hard and frustrating, usually with someone hanging up on the other.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
...Microsoft? Having good customer service?

All three times I've called them the process was been hard and frustrating, usually with someone hanging up on the other.

I've had good experiences whenever I called. I'm sure it's different for everybody.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
microsoft customer service has always been lousy for me, I once had to spell my name 15 times for the person on the other end before they got it right, you would think that they would teach their people better english.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score

i called the microsoft customer service on this very topic about a month ago. the guy told me that the database of gamertags don't get purged. he said it was an old database, grandfathering the old xbox gamertags, so a purge would mean they would have to wipeout everyone's gametags and start from scratch.

now, being an IT girl, i don't buy that, since there are always ways of managing a legacy database, and microsoft being as large as they are, i would imagine that there's a team within their organization that can solve this alleged database problem.