• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

do you like the new co-op

do you like the co-op

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its ok

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • needs improvmentss

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
S

sabre3993

Re: do you like the new co-op

Yep, its a cool idea, but...
1.there needs to be 2 screens: I think it'd be cool and all that to know someone is off in another city, and then sooner or later u could chat with them, and meet up in a city somewhere, and go fight.
2. There needs to be a limit on shootin other peoples stuff, if what p.m. said was right,(that once you kill someone, they won't come back) sooner or later somebodys world is gonna be empty! unless still more and more people will come if u kill the residents to the house.
3. U need to be able to let who u want in ur game... and able to boot em.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

sabre3993;165996 said:
Yep, its a cool idea, but...
1.there needs to be 2 screens: I think it'd be cool and all that to know someone is off in another city, and then sooner or later u could chat with them, and meet up in a city somewhere, and go fight.
2. There needs to be a limit on shootin other peoples stuff, if what p.m. said was right,(that once you kill someone, they won't come back) sooner or later somebodys world is gonna be empty! unless still more and more people will come if u kill the residents to the house.
3. U need to be able to let who u want in ur game... and able to boot em.​

Avos Tear said:
You can set friendly fire off I think...Anyways, what couch Co-Op?
Me said:
I read into that earlier and yes you can. Since you can why ever leave it on huh?

Eh`Em...

L

LionHeadTex

Alright, this post is HUGE, so I'll divide it.

1.RPG's in my opinion should NEVER be one person. Yeah, some games are just fine with one person play. But let's face it, if you're the only real player in a digital world, you feel a bit lonely. I remember playing Mass Effect going: "You know what would be cool? If I could invite my friend and we could explore planets and hunt some evil guys or something"

That's my point: some people feel lonely.

2. And also, I hate it that in many games, you are the center of attention. I hate that. Why is it that the main character always "decides the fate of the world". While I know that it's an alright approach (in general), wouldn't it be cool if your friend also shared that spotlight?

Instead of "Tex the Assassin" killing the dragon, what about "Tex and Bob"?

3. My view on 2 screens on one screen is COMPLETELY rubbish. Doesn't it make you feel a bit separated from your friend? It's like two windows in one house, but they can never truly collide.

But then again, one screen makes friends always have to stick together. Sorry guys, but I feel that if you want to be in true freedom while in a friends world, it will have to be online.

4. I'm a bit skeptical on a friendly fire options thing. Peter said that he loved the fact that his friend could kill his own husband or wife. This seems like such a high scope feature, why option it? I feel peter is saying, "you're risking some things when you bring a friend into your world". That feels realistic, though. I have never seen that before.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

An easy solution to that problem of ZOMG I WANT TO GO FARTHER AWAY THEN THIS or GOOD GOD I HATE TWO SCREENS I WANNA BE TOGETHER would be the Toe Jam and Earl 3 approach (search google for that game it is great!) which is a fullscreen up close then when someone walks too far the screen splits into two so they can travel farther apart then when they get close together the screen morphs into one again. See problem solved anyone know PM's Email? lol

grimgoth

3-runa
Reaction score

it needs x box live or im going to be upset LOL

D

Darg

It's Fable... but with a friend... What more can one say but "frickin' sweet". To say the least, that is.

S

sloppybob

i personally think it will be the best thing that has happend to fable yet because now if i really got tierd of 1 wife then i could have my friend come into my world and he could kill her for me so i get no fine. And also i can have my friend just come and kill everything for me:w00t:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

personally i'm not exstatic about the couch co-op system. I just have immense trouble visualizing a couch co-op system for a game like Fable that is both fun, effective, and headache-free. I ticked needs improvement just because i havn't heard any information that comforts my doubt. I mean having a henchmen partner is fine i guess, but it's how they will split up the screen i think is a major question at this point. The other large factor being how the gameplay system is for the person controlling the "henchmen".

Z

Zamamee

GDC 08 Fable 2 co op looked fun already, it's only going to get better and plus this years E3 2008 has a special surprise about co op. I'm already convinced it looks fun and theres more coming to it. :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;165272 said:
He will be sitting next to you so you can punch him in the face. :)
I really like your answer. Yes I'd be pretty mad, if someone messed with my family. I would'nt allow anyone in my game, who I don't trust. :p

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Could be cool if you could go into someone other's world and completely destroy it for him :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

NateMio;176924 said:
Could be cool if you could go into someone other's world and completely destroy it for him :D
Have to remember not to let you in my world.;)