• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you miss the expression wheel?

Do you miss the expression wheel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Yes all the time I don't feel like walking up to people and creating conversation with them because its just to complicated, and if I become best buddies with them I have to waste my time for 15 minutes trying to get a stupid object out of a dig spot.

xxcYyLOnexx

Diamond Miner
Reaction score
I had a problem with the current system when i had to do expressions with another hero in front of the demon door. Every time i used an expression he would say "BO-RING! Don't you do anything else? something I haven't seen before?" Well, i WOULD pick something new but i don't have a choice of what i pick! :mad:

Shoe

Reaction score
I like the idea of focussing on one person at a time so you don't have to deal with all the OMG Y U TALKIN TO MY WIFE stuff, but I do miss being able to choose expressions.

xxcYyLOnexx

Diamond Miner
Reaction score
I like the idea of focussing on one person at a time so you don't have to deal with all the OMG Y U TALKIN TO MY WIFE stuff, but I do miss being able to choose expressions.
Thats true, i didn't think about that. Although, lionhead could find a way to make it only directed to one person but still able to use the expression wheel.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
They should bring back the expression wheel. I don't want to dance with or play pat-a-cake with men. And I want to have choice!! Fable is supposed to be about choice!!

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Of course I miss it. Maybe make it so that you have a choice of expression with a single person(picking one) instead of a random one? Whats next, removing the choice to pick an expression all together and have it always random(when you talk to them or interact with them, you immediately perform an expression)?

nofreebe

Reaction score
At first but then it doesn't really matter because the end result is the same regardless of what you do.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anything that takes the choice away from the player is a step backwards.Why must "Shake Hands" be replaced with "Dance" and never ever be available again?

SebClem

Reaction score
means you can do quick things rather than a 5 minute dance to get a guild seal.

Epiternal

Reaction score
In Fable 2 I didn't think a great deal of it, only after it was removed in Fable 3 did I start to miss it, it made pleasing a large number of people easier, all this bullshit interaction and quests, although makes relationships seem more realistic I guess, is annoying and takes forever, especially where you have to get 20 ppl to love you for that achievement.

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
Yeah, you used to be able to start a drinking party at the drop of a hat. That was fun. You could have orgies easier. Multiple people could follow you instead of having to drag them one by one with the hand hold thing. I mean, is it really necessary to hold someone's hand to get them to follow you? In Fable 2 they foreshadowed the ability to get people to follow you into battle, but you still can't get a soldier to come with you to fight hobbes in a particular area. A weird thing considering that you might want to protect a particular town with more than one guard in one place at a time. I mean, you kill one villager and the whole town si swarming with guards, 3-4 and 5 of them trying to take you down. A whole platoon of Balverines could attack right in the middle of Millfields and only one or two guards will actually respond, and they don't fight together. Well, this dynamic was inconsistent in Fable 2 as well.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
I miss the expression wheel. ;~; I miss being able to gather a massive crowd and lead them into Wraithmarsh. Now I have to take one person at a time and lead them into an equally terrible place. D:<

Though, it's kinda fun dragging them by the hand instead of the villagers blindly following like chickens. Need more basements though. :d

I do enjoy that the villagers now wont flock to you in towns now. Hated when I'd be trying to go down the stairs in my house and people were in the way. It was MY house. Why can't I call the guards on them for trespassing?! They seem to enjoy doing it on me!

...Went off topic. But yeah, I miss the expression wheel a bit.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Agreed Jumi, right now, we got dragging criminals to jail, to work, we lost the expression choice(we need it back), and ability to switch a lot of things in a home, yet, we can't call the guards on villagers who are TRESPASSING ON A HOME YOU OWN AND LIVE? They seem to like calling them when you try to enter a home you own and are allowing them to rent it out, but they have no problem trespassing on your property.

And if you kill them, the guards gets ****ed, and they call you a murderer. There should be something that allows you to make sure nobody trespasses on your property. They should know that when they see a weird sign say this:

NO TRESPASSING.
VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT.
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN.

They should not trespass, and if you are evil, they will trespass anyway, and you can kill them and claim they trespassed on your property.

Fang-tan

Scanque
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss it. I don't like relying on chance for what expression will come up and having to dance ten thousand times to make someone my friend. I'd rather pick.

Khalin

Reaction score
I'd rather pick too. Dancing or playing Pat-A-Cake with men doesn't bother me the way it does for all the homophobes that freak out over it, but it personally peeved me that the one disgusting evil expression which I despise the most is the default one that appears about 75% of the time. I'm pretty sure all the 12 year-olds loved it but it was pretty annoying. Also, it's strange to me that Vulgar Thrust and Belch are put in the neutral category since most [if not all?] NPC's in the game give you a negative reaction to it.

It would've been awesome if Vulgar Thrust was the default evil expression that would appear 75% of the time. Let us pick the ones we want to use!

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. It was simple and I didn't have to dance with the same guy eighty billion damn times.

idi0tik

Arseface
Reaction score
I do. It's annoying not getting to choose what to do to get the villager to love/hate me. However, I do like to ride on a villagers back, and I get to do it a lot!

Reaction score
You know what might be a good implement? (in a possible fable 4)
Walking up to a person and interacting with them ( like in fable 3)
Then a wheel with choices pops up (Like in fable 2)
Or if you like you can open the wheel in normal play to get a list of group expressions(Fable 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.