• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Peter Molyneux says the word "its all about power" too much? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruisu

Reaction score
Do you think Peter Molyneux says the word "its all about power" too much? xD

"Its all about power"!

Boylie1988

Reaction score
Re: Do you think Peter Molyneux says the word "its all about power" too much? xD

That's four words.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Do you think Peter Molyneux says the word "its all about power" too much? xD

Technically five actually :p jks

And yes he does tend to say it quite often lol

Ruisu

Reaction score

I know its four words I just thought it would be pretty funny to see how many other people notice it xD!

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

^ FIVE DAMMIT LOL You are grammatically incorrect sir ! It should be "It's all about power". I'm not trying to flame you. Honestly :p

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

sfroggy1;404381 said:
^ FIVE DAMMIT LOL You are grammatically incorrect sir ! It should be "It's all about power". I'm not trying to flame you. Honestly :p

'It's' is one word. :p

Also yes the phrase is said far too often in my opinion.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

'It's' is a portmanteau and is therefore two words, or morphemes, being comprised to create the 'illusion' of one word . . . your move :p

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

sfroggy1;404395 said:
'It's' is a portmanteau and is therefore two words, or morphemes, being comprised to create the 'illusion' of one word . . . your move :p

The is no indication of an space in-between the words thus they are said as one word.

Check.

EDIT:Made an error with there and they.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;404396 said:
The is no indication of an space in-between the words thus there are said as one word.

Check.

'an space' . . . hmmm I can't take you seriously anymore, especially if you're ( this stands for 'you are', which is two words by the way) unable to even give me a reply that is grammatically correct. What do you think an apostrophe is?! My head hurts now :( All I was trying to say is that the OP should have placed an apostrophe in his 'its' to create 'It's'. Therefore it would technically make up five words. It's said as one word but it's structured as two words. /Rant.

I think we have successfully killed the thread now :p

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

lol.. I'll wait and see how this turns out.

On topic: Not as much as he says "You're going to be able to..."

Reaction score

I know it's off-topic, but "It's" is a "compound word" which we've all learned about in the first grade.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;404458 said:
I know it's off-topic, but "It's" is a "compound word" which we've all learned about in the first grade.

What do you think a portmanteau is? And please read what has already been said before posting ! 'It's' is not a compound word ?! It is a lexeme that has more than one stem. It combines two NOUNS. For example, 'firefighter' and 'hardware' are compound words. Not 'It's'. Still confused? Maybe you should have paid more attention in the first grade?

No one is denying that the word 'it's' is used as a single word, just that it is made up of two.

Reaction score

sfroggy1;404511 said:
What do you think a portmanteau is? And please read what has already been said before posting ! 'It's' is not a compound word ?! It is a lexeme that has more than one stem. It combines two NOUNS. For example, 'firefighter' and 'hardware' are compound words. Not 'It's'. Still confused? Maybe you should have paid more attention in the first grade?

No one is denying that the word 'it's' is used as a single word, just that it is made up of two.

Why the hell does this matter so much to you? :hmm:

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;404514 said:
Why the hell does this matter so much to you? :hmm:

I studied English Literature and Language for many years and it annoys me to see bad grammar used. It's a bit obsessive but it especially annoys me if people go around believing they are using correct grammar when they aren't. No harm meant by all this. I'm just really meticulous about these things. I know it's only the 'internets' but I got too caught up in this one :p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

I REFUSE TO LET THIS POOR THREAD DIE GODDAMMIT!
GET ON TOPIC QUICK BEFORE IT'S GONE FOREVER

yes he does say it a little excessively.

and also sfroggy is correct. 'it's' was created to cater to how the two words are often used together phonetically. there's (there is) no space, but it's (it is) still two words

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;404516 said:
I REFUSE TO LET THIS POOR THREAD DIE GODDAMMIT!
GET ON TOPIC QUICK BEFORE IT'S GONE FOREVER

yes he does say it a little excessively.

and also sfroggy is correct. 'it's' was created to cater to how the two words are often used together phonetically. there's (there is) no space, but it's (it is) still two words

Yeah He does say it alot, He says 'man' at the end of almost every sentence in early interviews aswell. Must be from Peter's hippie days. :lol:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, froggy and cheez are probably right, so yeah.

And he does, yes. I love it when he adds "man" after it. He sounds like some sort of hippie. :lol:

EDIT: Whoa. Epic. Ninja. We just pointed out the same thing.

This is crazy man. Crazy!

Reaction score

Skotekal;404518 said:
Well, froggy and cheez are probably right, so yeah.

And he does, yes. I love it when he adds "man" after it. He sounds like some sort of hippie. :lol:

EDIT: Whoa. Epic. Ninja. We just pointed out the same thing.

This is crazy man. Crazy!

Froggy’s right it is (example 1) 5 words because it's the apostrophe in the English language points to the fact that 2 words have been conjoined together. Even if it is (example 2) sounded as 1 one word it's (example 3) still two words and sometimes even 6 if man is included as ^ said so I gotta (example 4) side with froggy. This is English 101 and when the people from the prison colony says its 5 its 5 (sometimes 6=D)

and so i belive even though he may say it's all about power man a bit too much at least he will be remebered

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I will reach into the computer monitor and karate chop the next off-topic poster in the throat.

What he says a lot is, " We/I said you can _____, but..."

The legendary Molyneux Mountain of Hype neighbored by the Valley of disappointment. Quite poetic.

Reaction score

could you send a video =D i really want to see that

Status
Not open for further replies.