• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easier directions for the freeroam app!

0cean v0id

Easier directions for the freeroam app!

WHAT IS THE FINALALBION.WAD FILE AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED:

The Finalalbion.wad file is teh file that contains all the .TNG and .wld files the game uses. I can't remember how many files are in there but there is a lot. Anyway you will need this file on you're computer and taken apart to be able to edit the game.

The Finalalbion.wad is in the same place on both regular Fable as well as the TLC

PART 1
1) The finalalbion.wad can be found in: FABLE\DATA\LEVELS\

2) Once you locate the file, FTP it to you're computer

PART 2
1) Create a folder called Finalalbion On you're desktop

2) Using the freeroam app, open the Finalalbion.wad file and extract all the contents to the Finalalbion folder you created on you're desktop.

You should now at this point have a folder with all the sub files from the finalalbion.wad file in it.

3) Once all that is done, You want to go to FABLE\DATA\LEVELS\ and delete the finalalbion.wad file and FTP the finalalbion folder into FABLE\DATA\LEVELS\

The game will still run properly because the game is looking for all the files that were in the finalalbion.wad file not the format it was in. So yes as long as all the files are there then you will be fine.

The reason for doing this is now you have free access to the specific TNG files you want to edit. Rather than having to open up the finalalbion.wad file every time u want to test something. All you need to do is open FABLE\DATA\LEVELS\Finalalbion
and take the specifc tng, FTP it, edit it, then FTP it back.

D

DarkxLight

Re: Easier directions for the freeroam app!

Not to be a bother, but I can't seem to be able to find "FinalAlbion.wad" at all. Would ya mind explaining a little more clearly I'm a bit slow.

D

DragonMaster91

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels

This is mine, if you chose default installation, it should be the same.

K

kjetilror

Followed ur instructions and when i start the game(Tryed to make a new profile) it crashed.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Are you on Vista?

K

kjetilror

No.
But now i just Re installed fable the lost chapters .
Will try again :p
one thing i dont get is: what is FTP ? :S
Edit:
i got Fable TLC/Data/levels/Finalalbion/levels/finalalbion . then all the files shows up.
is that right? oO

T

Tadashii Itami

I can find the file, but all the file extensions like WAD and ones like that, I can't open....I've tried everything will someone PLEASE help me?! I hate not being able to use freeroam or albion explorer, I can only use albion explorer

jwc2200

Reaction score

Use the link in the post above yours. If you follow those directions you will be able to freeroam. Make backs now if you haven't already.