• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ever Find The Key In One Shot

D

deathtomacbeth

Re: Ever Find The Key In One Shot

Goretex;200882 said:
Sephiroxas is right, it is impossible to get it on the first try. The game was coded so that you you always miss it the first time and have to see the cutscene, which is a crucial part of the story in itself.

Haha, you're right, I thought everyone was talking like, after that... I think.
I just made a fool of myself though
My deepest apology fellow projectegoers, I am.. an arseface^_^

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

deathtomacbeth;200926 said:
Haha, you're right, I thought everyone was talking like, after that... I think.
I just made a fool of myself though
My deepest apology fellow projectegoers, I am.. an arseface^_^
It's OK, nobody said You were lying. :p We just haven't had that happen is all. Every game is different.;)

P

Pizzatrooper

well they engineered the cut scene so if you didn't get it the first try...it didn't restart all over again. Something had to happen...

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

you never know,in a world where a 300 pound idiot can bungie jump and not snap the line,where people who can bulge their eyes out of the sockets and suck'em back in.Where we've been able to make pills to keep annoying mother----ers in their house.

isn't it possible that they messed up the coding on even one disk?

D

deathtomacbeth

moonfever;201041 said:
It's OK, nobody said You were lying. :p We just haven't had that happen is all. Every game is different.;)

:)

Well I'm playing through it again to maybe spark my memory about that part, it's been so long since I've played.
I could've sworn it though^_^

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

deathtomacbeth;201162 said:
:)

Well I'm playing through it again to maybe spark my memory about that part, it's been so long since I've played.
I could've sworn it though^_^

And miss the lovely poem.:p Good luck. You may have the only disc, that works, that away. Have fun.
I wore TLC, out. It won't load, anymore. Have to find another one, I can play on my 360.:(

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

well i dont think its 1/3 chance to find the key at once. i have played this game 6 times and i think i have mostly gotten it on the first try.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

sijli;201212 said:
well i dont think its 1/3 chance to find the key at once. i have played this game 6 times and i think i have mostly gotten it on the first try.

Really, that's amazing. Maybe it has to do with the alignment? I always play good, so I don't max out, the stealing spell, it's been awhile since I played TLC. No matter how hard I try, I get stuck with another page, of the Guards poetry.:p

D

deathtomacbeth

moonfever;201217 said:
Really, that's amazing. Maybe it has to do with the alignment? I always play good, so I don't max out, the stealing spell, it's been awhile since I played TLC. No matter how hard I try, I get stuck with another page, of the Guards poetry.:p

Perhaps thats how it goes, I have no idea.
I'll find out though!
Haha.
Though i don't remember which book I chose.
^_^

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

so we agree that it is impossible to get the key the first time and its possible to get it the first time?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

somedude21;201238 said:
so we agree that it is impossible to get the key the first time and its possible to get it the first time?

It just means, I'm confused and don't know anything anymore, outside of I've never gotten it on my first try.:wacko:

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

U cant, they just made it so u couldnt, I hate being in that prison

T

The_Better_Bard

It could be entirely possible that the coding in your game is messed up.

Hell, some guy reported on a forum a while back that he had three major glitches in his file: 1. He could use weapons in Bowerstone, 2. Oakvale still looked like it was ablaze, and 3. JoB replaced Guildmaster, but never moved and sounded just like Guildy.

Twilight

Reaction score

Iv played through it like 13 times....

I'm so sure it can only be obtained by seeing that cut-scene.

R

Rubnwonout

If you get it, then it seems to be a glitch. I had plenty of time and still didn't get it.

R

Rolandk73

I took 4 tries to get it. My friends kept messing me up. =(

J

jaconcox

i got the key on the first try last night so i know its possible and for some reason its alwase in the middle book with the skills potion in the left one for me

i have the original fable on xbox

and some people are saying it took them like 13 tries but when i do it the book you picked last year stays open so you can only stay in prison for a max of 2 years :/

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Then maybe the original Fable is different in this aspect.

W

watermelon

The_Better_Bard;206365 said:
It could be entirely possible that the coding in your game is messed up.

Hell, some guy reported on a forum a while back that he had three major glitches in his file: 1. He could use weapons in Bowerstone, 2. Oakvale still looked like it was ablaze, and 3. JoB replaced Guildmaster, but never moved and sounded just like Guildy.
LOL that reminds me of that one tim when the guildy was suppose to say "put away that stick"
instead his mouth was open and he was like a statue and his arms were glitching up and down..i was cracking up :D

Chrysalis

Reaction score

funnily enough this was the first time I used sneak and was trying to work out how, so the first time he finished the poem and I ran out of time.
The 2nd time I got to the book and got the key 1st time I attempted :) does this count :)
I agree with everyone else clearly the game is designed for you to fail the 1st time.