• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Combat System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score
Fable 2 Combat System.

I'm not sure about you but im really hoping for a more detailed combat system. The one in Fable 1 was great but it couldve used some button variations and button combinations for some more variety. Such as X and B or Y and X would pull off moves of there own. Also I want some more moves I mean In fable 1 when you think about it there arent to many moves. And after a while the same ones get tiring. And if you notice the battle style is the same with all the Light weapons. And the same for all the Heavy weapons. Then its same between the bows the longbow is just slower.

B

blu phoenix

Re: Fable 2 Combat System.

yeah i know they didn't want to make it to complicated for the game but there's always room for improvement...you have some great ideas and i'd like that as well..perhaps the creators might consider that...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I agree, i mean Fables system was good and simple. It could be made more complex and have alot more moves thrown together and still be one of the simplest fighting systems around.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

I did'nt have a problem with the combat system...^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Son said:
I did'nt have a problem with the combat system...^_^

Personally i didnt either but it could be expanded on so much as it was such a good system.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yes it could.....but I still like it either way.

V

Vegeta

I agree with Draken. I liked the fighting control but they could have made it better.
i also agree With SorenSwift... It does get boring after a while.... I still love fable fable tlc and maybe fable 2's combat system.

R

Reptillian

how do i get a [picture by my name ???? is any1 gonna tell me plz mail or pm me

P

Poppycock

um post that in the right section bud

K

Kali

There are two things that I think would make cool additions to the fighting system, a boomerang and the ability to do back-flips.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kali;19746 said:
There are two things that I think would make cool additions to the fighting system, a boomerang and the ability to do back-flips.

Id like a more versitile combat movement, but not to much farther from Fables as it was one of the best combat systems in an RPG.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Fable's combat system is very...basic. You got the basic "Attack-Block-Special Charge-Up Attack" in meele and the "Charged Shot-Zoom" with ranged weapons. Spells are often just activated by one button or holding one down for the spell to be active.

Apart from needing a bit more creative combat system, Fable 2 needs alot more special moves that doesn't count as spells. For example having like a "Bash" attack under the Strenght area and a Multi-Shot under Skill...I also felt that it lacked meele assassinating skills. With Ranged you could one-hit-kill by shooting the head off, but no such skill in meele. It needs like a Backstab attack under skill that is like Steal and Lockpick only useable in Stealth that causes huge damage, but can't be used if the target knows you are there...which brings into view that it also needs a better Stealth system. Even with maxed Guile I have never been able to sneak up from behind anyone.

Basicly Fable 2 needs ALOT of of the original systems re-worked, in my opinion. :w00t:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;19887 said:
Fable's combat system is very...basic. You got the basic "Attack-Block-Special Charge-Up Attack" in meele and the "Charged Shot-Zoom" with ranged weapons. Spells are often just activated by one button or holding one down for the spell to be active.

Apart from needing a bit more creative combat system, Fable 2 needs alot more special moves that doesn't count as spells. For example having like a "Bash" attack under the Strenght area and a Multi-Shot under Skill...I also felt that it lacked meele assassinating skills. With Ranged you could one-hit-kill by shooting the head off, but no such skill in meele. It needs like a Backstab attack under skill that is like Steal and Lockpick only useable in Stealth that causes huge damage, but can't be used if the target knows you are there...which brings into view that it also needs a better Stealth system. Even with maxed Guile I have never been able to sneak up from behind anyone.

Basicly Fable 2 needs ALOT of of the original systems re-worked, in my opinion. :w00t:

Agreed, it was the fact the system was so basic and smooth running it worked well. I dont want a complex and awkward combat system brought in but i would like to have access to alot more moves and varied styles to the system brought in so i agree with you.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Let's not forget Dual-Wielding. Fable 2 needs slick dual-wield moves aswell, don't you think? :ninja:

Something like:

Two-Handed weapon damage: 100%.
One One-handed weapon damage: 100%
Two One-Handed weapon damage: 75% main Hand 50% off-hand damage

Hmm...I guess we need shields too, to not put One-handed weapons in too much of a disadvantage, giving shields a per-centage to block damage.

P

Poppycock

i want it to be gorey. like when i slash across somones stomache there guts fall out and they try to pick them up in desperation of living then i could take his small intesten, put a hook threw it and have a 10 ft line of rope on the hook, hang him from a large tree and his body would be about 3 ft over a fire so he slowly cooks...nah thats to much but yes guts :D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Poppycock;19907 said:
i want it to be gorey. like when i slash across somones stomache there guts fall out and they try to pick them up in desperation of living then i could take his small intesten, put a hook threw it and have a 10 ft line of rope on the hook, hang him from a large tree and his body would be about 3 ft over a fire so he slowly cooks...nah thats to much but yes guts :D

100kills.gif

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;19907 said:

Many people would like that but the censors wouldnt and neither would the young kids wanting the game and their parents not allowing them to have it :lol:

F

flamingsquirrel

again, scale of Morrowwind III, Fable gameplay, and God Of War combat = best game ever (exluding SSBM and RE4)

Status
Not open for further replies.