• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Combat System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jops

Re: Fable 2 Combat System.

I just don't want them to make it excessively violent for the sake of being controversial. I want them just to make a game, not a game designed to appeal to a certain age group, just turn their idea into a game. If it is fitting with the world they created it should go in.

I know it is not going to be mindless violence and this is what I want to see.

K

Kory the Baker

How about shields?

im tired of Thunder waving around his fancy shield.

If they do implament Duel wielding maybe one of the legendary weapons would be twin blades...uh twin blades.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Kory the Baker;20513 said:
How about shields?

If they do implament Duel wielding maybe one of the legendary weapons would be twin blades...uh twin blades.

Man, one of those blades are too tall for your character to even wield as a Greatsword! Check them out, they are as tall, if even taller, than the bandits!:w00t:

On a similar note, aint Jack of Blades dual-wielding something? I mean, before he gets his hands on the Sword of Eons?

K

Kory the Baker

In Fable Jack uses a master Katana.

In Fable TLC he uses a master cleaver when you run after the focus points but them it turns back into a master katana when he kills your mom.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jops;20493 said:
I just don't want them to make it excessively violent for the sake of being controversial. I want them just to make a game, not a game designed to appeal to a certain age group, just turn their idea into a game. If it is fitting with the world they created it should go in.

I know it is not going to be mindless violence and this is what I want to see.

I agree with you :thumbsup:

Kory the Baker;20513 said:
How about shields?

I agree with those ideas aswel and they have been discussed and i think they would add alot to the combat system and maybe spice it up abit.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

It would be cool to have a good hand-to-hand combat. Grapples and such thing. Like you could break someones neck with bare hands and do some wrestling moves. It won`t look good in the game, but I`d like it anyway.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;20540 said:
It would be cool to have a good hand-to-hand combat. Grapples and such thing. Like you could break someones neck with bare hands and do some wrestling moves. It won`t look good in the game, but I`d like it anyway.

I disagree i think it would look good in the game and a more complex system such as that would be a great idea.

F

flamingsquirrel

TRA Rotid;20540 said:

No, just no. Look what happend in True Crime: Streets of LA.
That game was horrible!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;20577 said:
No, just no. Look what happend in True Crime: Streets of LA.
That game was horrible!

They overused cursors and help icons thats why, to much clutter on the screen!

D

Darco

SorenSwift;13845 said:
I'm not sure about you but im really hoping for a more detailed combat system. The one in Fable 1 was great but it couldve used some button variations and button combinations for some more variety. Such as X and B or Y and X would pull off moves of there own. Also I want some more moves I mean In fable 1 when you think about it there arent to many moves. And after a while the same ones get tiring. And if you notice the battle style is the same with all the Light weapons. And the same for all the Heavy weapons. Then its same between the bows the longbow is just slower.

I know what you mean but if you watch the keanote presentation by peter molyneux you will see that ther is alot more variation:ninja:

L

Leprechaunpoo1

i think it was good but needed lil bit more detail. like wen u hit wod/ a stone/ boundary it was all the same. they should make it like wen u level up body a couple of swings are different <but with the same button; no combos cuz then itll just be a fighting game>

Status
Not open for further replies.