• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Fable 3 announced!!!

Fable 3 is finally announced, today, at the GamesCom. By Molyneux himself. Apparently, you will be someone who will have to take over Albion( either noble, or brutally, of course). Taking over Albion, and the fact that Lionhead has told us it may not be the same Game-genre as before, will it be a strategy game?

Anyway, main point: Fable III is coming! :D ^_^ :) :p

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 announced!!!

Teaser trailer is up on Xbox live, go see it!

Edit:I cannot believe you beat me by 5 minutes,
Also, I was BLOWN AWAY SO FAR INTO THE HOUSE IN THE BACK OF ME, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW.
I swear if it's some strategy rpg, I wont buy it.

X

Xeon

August 19, 2009 - During Microsoft's Gamescom 2009 press briefing Lionhead's director, Peter Molyneux, announced that Fable III is coming in late 2010. Checking his hyperbole as much as possible, Molyneux went on to promise a sequel far bigger and more ambitious than Fable II. It would have to be: You are, after all, going to be ruling all of Albion.

Fable III begins by reading your Fable II save. You play as the son or daughter of your Fable II hero. Albion has changed a bit since we last saw it, though all the details of this change aren't yet known. You don't begin Fable III as the ruler of Albion. Instead, you spend the first half of the game gaining support so that you might lay claim to the throne. This requires you to make campaign promises to people and different districts of Albion. Keeping those promises once you are in charge is going to be a whole different matter.

It may sound like you are nothing but a politician. Don't worry. There's still plenty of fighting to be had. In fact, Molyneux says that you are seen as a hero type of ruler, comparing your character to Star Trek's Captain Kirk. No word on whether Fable III is adding hot green chicks to the populace.

Choice and consequence are still major elements of Fable III, though your choices will have far more dramatic effects on Albion. You control the spending across the land, choosing how much to tax each area, what to spend. You decide which parts of Albion thrive and which might suffer. On top of this, you have the duties of a ruling dignitary, hosting important people from other lands. Albion is not the world, after all, it's just a single continent. And in Fable III, other countries will be involved in the story.

No ruler would be complete without someone sitting beside them in the throneroom. Your King or Queen will have a spouse at their side, urging them to make decisions. Your family plays a bigger role in Fable III. Apparently the first big innovation in Fable III is having someone nag you. He or she will be helping you shape the land. It will be a tough task balancing tyranny and compassion, progress and tradition.

Molyneux revealed two new gameplay mechanics being added to Fable III. The first is called Judgment. What would a ruler be, after all, without the ability to judge his subjects? People will come to you in court and plead their case. You may be called on to settle disputes or rule on a man's guilt. To help judge people, you can go out and investigate. These sound like side quests, with your hero something like the Scooby Doo of Albion. Of course, there are plenty of opportunities for corruption. We imagine bribery may occur or that, despite the evidence, you may rule against someone just to be a jerk. You have the power. What you do with it is your decision.

More interesting is the second feature addition, called Touch. The first layer of this is easy enough to get a handle on. Gone are the silly expressions of Fable II. Instead, you can now choose to kindly take the hand of a fair maiden you've just met. The next time you meet, perhaps it is a warm hug. And slowly that can evolve to a little bit of the down and dirty. Then there is the Dynamic Touch system. In Fable II, if a child were crying you might be told to press A to sooth them. In Fable III, you have far more interactive options. You can actually cradle them in your arm to give comfort. Dynamic Touch also allows you to reach out to anyone you see in Fable III. Hold hands as you watch the sunset or give a reaffirming tap on the back to an ally. Molyneux did not speak of how this mechanic is inputted, but it's possible this will utilize Project Natal.

Molyneux is giving a talk at GDC Europe later today, where he will discuss Fable III in more depth. Keep an eye on IGN for any new details revealed at that talk.

And here's some artwork:

gc2009fableiiiart200908.jpg

gc2009fableiiiart200908.jpg

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Yeeey! I'm just about to read what you qouted

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

I would, if it weren't in Dutch. I come from the Netherlands... But ehm, that other person that replied to the thread has the trailer to. ^^

Fabl3! XD

EDIT: hmm, I just read the quote that second other guy in the thread posted. And It still seems RPG to me. But some little strategy like touches... or something. But no doubt it will be (at least mostly) RPG, since you can still do personal stuff. And: Ha, i beat you by 5 minutes XD

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Yar, but this has less ads, and I need views lol.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

XD.

By ze Whay: I think it's 4w350m3 that Fabl3 will interact with more than Albion. =D

Fabl3!!!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Veeeery interesting. And rep to Xeon.

But unlike with Fable II, I refuse to buy into the hype and speculation this time. Regardless of that, Im buying the game the moment it comes out. :lol:

But, I have 2 questions.

1. It reads your Fable II save, what if you dont have a Fable II save?
2. Late 2010 seems a bit to early, doesnt it? Especially considering the 4+ year wait for Fable II.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

i think the F2 isn't necessary to play Fabl3. It's just an option (I guess). And yes, early 2010 seems a bit early. Of course, if they do release it then, I hope they fine tuned the game enough to be playable. Though, they better extend their 'creating time' to be sure the game is great

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

It was a big jump from Xbox to Xbox 360. That could be why it took 4 years.

adenp9070

Reaction score

also i believe they are using the same game engine? but no doubt they will keep throwing the gae date back again as usual

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

^ More than likely. I can't wait though.

R

Razorback

This actually sounds pretty awesome. You could be King Arthur, or Ming the Merciless. And do a bit of regal questing along the way.

I guess now when your daughter says, "Hello, I'm a little princess," she'll actually mean it. I wonder if you can make your kids compete to be your royal heir? That could be funny.

And will Theresa be a major factor in the new game? Given her (hinted) appearance in the trailer, it would seem so. But what role will she play? Advisor to the sovereign? Powerful ally? Ambigious threat? Dark Lord to rally your forces against?

We shall see.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

So if it does read off of your saves,
you think your hero could make a appearance?
And based off of saves, if theres books in the game, they could be reading the saves and writing the books how you played out fable 2.

Edit: You guys know, when you first played fable 1 how magical it was? You played it so much you got tired and forgot all about it, upon hearing fable 2 that magical feeling got reignited with such a huge fire you expected so much, and yet again you played it so much you forgot about it, now with fable 3....I can't really say it's magical at all...looks too serious.
Maybe ill just rent it this time around.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

That is sooooo ****ing sweet. Stup33d g4y internet is not letting me watch the trailer in the place that I am right now grrrrrr.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

ooooooooooooh damn! Can't wait for Fable 3! All this sounds soooooooo awesome!

My only complaint is that Theresa is back...I got sick of that b*tch in Fable 2.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

XD. So funny i started a thread that's getting so much replies ^^

Can't wait for Fabl3! Well, actually, I can, because I've got enough patience. But I just want it!

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

I made myself a sig, I think its horrible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.