• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Co-op disapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrimidine

Reaction score
Fable 3 Co-op disapointment

I remember hearing/reading in a Peter Molyneux interview, correct me if I'm wrong, that in a co-op game, your friend can be on one side of the your world while you are on another.

Heres the original statement made:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254653

"Does the Touch mechanic lend itself to every character, even those who are direct foes?

Yes, you can use it on co-op players as well. Co-op is now fully functional in the game, you can invite anybody you like into your world, they can go off and do their own thing. They aren't linked to you anymore.
"

Keep this in mind when you read this clip from a [Hands On] Gamespot piece posted by SimonKalevra just the other day..

http://forums.projectego.net/hands-gamespot-26158/

Now heres the contradiction:

"According to lead designer Josh Atkins, that co-op mode allows two players all but free roam of one of their gameworlds, each as his or her own Hero. The two heroes won't be tethered, restricted to the same screen, but both will have to stay in the same wider region to maintain co-op mode."

Most co-op games I have played have required both players to be at the same loading screen in order to move to the next location, which I can understand; but why make such a promising statement?

KnightImmortal33

Holy Hero
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Co-op disapointment

Pyrimidine;418108 said:
...but why make such a promising statement?

Because it is PM's style. Also, the co-op in my opinion is better due to the getting rid of the tethering effect from 2. I hated that tethering connection.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Don't complain. We all know PM has a habit of speaking big but failing to bring everything he wants to the table. Besides, the co-op is still going to be amazing because you won't need to be all that close together. Oh and what would be the point of allowing someone to join your game if they're going to be running around on the other side of the continent? That seems not only pointless but a recipe for disaster.

I'm quite fine with this change.

Pyrimidine

Reaction score

I agree with you 100% I'll take what I can get. I'm just pointing this out.

Edit: Sometimes you want that freedom in co-op. What if you wanted some quick experience or to pick something up that is in that specific region while a friend is wandering around town selling or communicating with town folk in another. Now instead you have to be doing the same thing at all times being tied to the same region.

Again I agree with you I can accept this.

monkeybuddhist

Reaction score

definitely agree with those for non tethered gameplay. also means you don't have to ask them to turn around if you miss something.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Pyrimidine;418117 said:
I agree with you 100% I'll take what I can get. I'm just pointing this out.

Edit: Sometimes you want that freedom in co-op. What if you wanted some quick experience or to pick something up that is in that specific region while a friend is wandering around town selling or communicating with town folk in another. Now instead you have to be doing the same thing at all times being tied to the same region.

Again I agree with you I can accept this.

Yes and you still get that freedom albeit not as much. Most people don't take long in taking care of business so then you can just go where you need to. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. The only way I'd be disappointed is if they reverted it back to just having the other player as a henchman or if they don't allow offline co-op play.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

It doesn't look like they lied or anything. There weren't any contradictions from what I read. The other player plays the game like it's their own camera-wise (so they aren't connected to you, almost physically, like in Fable II) but they just can't leave the area. Seems alright. Why would you even want to play with someone if you're not going to stay in the same area?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

POOP;418160 said:
It doesn't look like they lied or anything. There weren't any contradictions from what I read. The other player plays the game like it's their own camera-wise (so they aren't connected to you, almost physically, like in Fable II) but they just can't leave the area. Seems alright. Why would you even want to play with someone if you're not going to stay in the same area?

I already said this.

KnightImmortal33

Holy Hero
Reaction score

according to a vid I just saw regarding co-op when you get married you can customize your wedding.The example given was the more money you spend the more grand the wedding will be.

Externium

Reaction score

I too am perfectly fine if we're forced to stay in the same region as that who we are playing with or is playing with us. I'm also very glad we have the option to use our own heroes this time around. I will be curious to see if couch co-op returns how that will be played out.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

PM has always been this way. I think he gets excited in his head and disconnects from whats practical and possible.

Deception550

The Butcher
Reaction score

KnightImmortal33;418280 said:
according to a vid I just saw regarding co-op when you get married you can customize your wedding.The example given was the more money you spend the more grand the wedding will be.

where can i find this vid?? im pretty sure its the only one i havent seen yet lol

In All Honesty

Canadia
Reaction score

I'm really excited about the new co-op, but one question I have is this.
Will the trading between players in co-op mode be possible? And to further this question; Will the trading system be easier and safe to use?

I mean, I've heard many complaints at Bowerstone Market about people trading for something, while their partner runs off with both items.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

In All Honesty;419384 said:
I'm really excited about the new co-op, but one question I have is this.
Will the trading between players in co-op mode be possible? And to further this question; Will the trading system be easier and safe to use?

I mean, I've heard many complaints at Bowerstone Market about people trading for something, while their partner runs off with both items.

Item trading will be possible just like Fable II as it seems so far. However, we will see when Fable III will be released.

bashi

Reaction score

"Does the Touch mechanic lend itself to every character, even those who are direct foes?

Yes, you can use it on co-op players as well. Co-op is now fully functional in the game, you can invite anybody you like into your world, they can go off and do their own thing. They aren't linked to you anymore.

it is really disappointed for the the above opion, all of you have antother opinon?

Status
Not open for further replies.