• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Doubts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopdogy

grey-palidin
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Doubts?

i think that peter M. is had a hard time keeping his mouth shut about the game so i shouldnt be extremly disapointed :p

Mastperf

Reaction score

As long as they go no further into the future with Fable I'll be fine. I have no interest in car to car sword battles.

Kazmir

Reaction score

i think there are going to be lots of dissapointments or cut down parts of what he is anticipating.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nothing really about the gameplay or anything. I'm just worried about if it will be really glitchy. Fable II had so many glitches and most were some you couldn't fix.

Mlaar

Reaction score

Im one of the lucky ones.. I have no doubts about Fable 3!

I have watched clips, I have read the forums and what ive seen so far is good enough to make me buy it, But I am under no illusion that the game will be perfect sure thier will be flaws but I dont allow myself to second guess the downfalls since if I put my mind to it I could think of a thousand+ problems that could occur of which on release 3/4 are figments of over imagination and those I do find are so minor to be a lesser nuisance.

People are worried that they hav'nt seen anything about what happens once your King/Queen!! come on guys would you rather they filmed the end sequence for your veiwing pleasure!! would save you the time to actually buy the game.
What they have shown is game play you've already seen in previous fables as they wanted to show off the graphics the increased expanse they have added to the land whilst proving that the gameplay remains consistant to what you know and love, what they have kept hush about is the new ideas as they want us to have some element of suprise when we first encounter it that way we sit back in our comfy chairs and think wow I enjoyed that and not think was that it I saw it on youtube 3 weeks before release.

So my advice is to forget about your worries and your doubts, kick back relax and roll another one or whatever it is you do for fun, then after release comeback to the forums with constructive critism of any flaws you have encountered..

Ugg gotta dash I see the Hobbe boss heading my way so its back to the grindstone o_O

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

poopdogy;435909 said:
i think that peter M. is had a hard time keeping his mouth shut about the game so i shouldnt be extremly disapointed :p

He was like that about fable 2. Look how that turned out.

Lynne

Reaction score

I am BEYOND tired of people saying that casual gamers ruin games. Maybe you're referring to casual gamers as the wrong kind of fan base, maybe you're not...but if you are I'm severely offended by it. If you're not, then nevermind, carry on.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Lynne;436227 said:
I am BEYOND tired of people saying that casual gamers ruin games. Maybe you're referring to casual gamers as the wrong kind of fan base, maybe you're not...but if you are I'm severely offended by it. If you're not, then nevermind, carry on.
I really hope you're not "severely offended" by someone complaining about casual gamers. You shouldn't be "severely offended" by anything that is your choice. It's not that big of a deal

I am kind of a casual gamer...I guess....and I don't care? I just don't pay for extra content, which is apparently casual gamer-ish.

Sin

is God
Reaction score

As some other users said I'm scared about after you become king. The items they showed seemed awesome; talking to citizens, wars, being a leader etc, but that will get dull in time. Fable 1 and 2 had epic replay value for me, I just hope it will also.

/worry

Kazmir

Reaction score

filefront video interview.......pm said fable 3 will take 20 hours for 100% completion! Nooooooooooo! If this game has no system link/lan then this may be a bust

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

queenofdisco29;435980 said:
Nothing really about the gameplay or anything. I'm just worried about if it will be really glitchy. Fable II had so many glitches and most were some you couldn't fix.

that was my main complaint even though i played it like a addict. though some of it was tolerable like the non responding children, but the disappearing wife and Jesus Christ Pose were by far the most irritating. as long as PM makes the game run smooth, i know i can play this till the next comes out.

Kazmir

Reaction score

i can throw all these doubts away if they enable lan for fable 3

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score

Kazmir;436368 said:
filefront video interview.......pm said fable 3 will take 20 hours for 100% completion! Nooooooooooo! If this game has no system link/lan then this may be a bust

hes talking about opening the road to rule chests when he says 20 hours, since its a road TOO rule and not the road OF rule i think that means it'll be 20 hours until you become king (thats half the game so about 35-40 hours total)

Kazmir

Reaction score

Crazy_Mike1991;436601 said:
hes talking about opening the road to rule chests when he says 20 hours, since its a road TOO rule and not the road OF rule i think that means it'll be 20 hours until you become king (thats half the game so about 35-40 hours total)

oh ok lets hope so...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'm not worried about fable 3 being bad. i'm worried about it being monotonous. i doubt there will be many bugs, as i think lionhead pretty much used the same engine as fable 2. they know what went wrong, and they're more familiar with the xbox 360 capabilities. what i am worried about is that not enough will have been changed and it'll still feel like i'm playing fable 2. a fresh story will keep me occupied until after the final boss, but if a game like fable can't keep me playing for hours after that, then i deem that a shortcoming. they chose to make innovative sandbox style gameplay, so they should devise a way to keep it interesting.

Stranger;435148 said:
I feel I need to clarify my worries. I'm not afraid that the game will suck. I'm afraid that I won't be able to fairly criticize the game if it sucks because infinite hordes of people who refuse to believe that there could ever be any flaw in any Lionhead game (the people who pray facing the UK five times a day to honor Molyneux) will endlessly defend the flaws on baseless grounds (e.g., 'that's not a bug, that's a feature' or 'How dare all of you! our precious Lord Molyneux barely speaks, and when he does, it's all truth.').Even if you had heard that, there would be no evidence and there would be no confirmation, as Molyneux, Lionhead devs and staff haven't said anything about it.

this post made me laugh. mainly because you've never let the fact that steadfast idiots believe in something ridiculous stand in your way before. i fully expect you to come out and bluntly say what they all don't wanna hear just so they can cry over their keyboards, blow a circuit, and never submit an intelligent reply even if one of them happened to have one.

Kazmir

Reaction score

*cough*ill pay to see that

Lithary

Reaction score

JohnDoe;434891 said:
I'm afraid that the game has built the wrong kind of fan-base, attracting people who love it because it is of the Fable franchise, people who will defend all of its very real flaws, people who will refuse to believe that there is anything wrong with the game whatsoever.

I'm also afraid that Molyneux might slip in a new singing sword, something that everyone will swear is in the game despite it not actually being in the game, despite people who know for fact saying that it isn't in the game, despite all manner of reason and logic.

TL;DR - Basically, I'm afraid Fable III is going to be loved and enjoyed by a bunch of morons. Disprove it and I'll be happy.

You read my mind. ^^
+rep

VicOnTop

Reaction score

i just wish there was a toilet :(

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

VicOnTop;437053 said:
i just wish there was a toilet :(

Let's wish for toilet paper first.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Toilet paper isn't needed if you've got leaves which you can get outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.