• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 fan. Should I do 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
When I did GTA IV, I had not done any of the other 3, and IV had nothing to do with 1-3. And Fable 3, did not seem to have anything to do with 1-2. So I am not sure what you meant.

Fable 3 is set 50 years after F2 it has everything to do with 2. Your F2 hero is the king/queen of Albion before they die. Im just saying, I highly reccomend playing 2 before you do anything else with 3.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I honestly wasn't a fan of Fable TLC, after playing Fable II it just didn't feel as good, the story was there, but the combat was so terrible it made it almost unbearable.
PFFT-ahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha-heh-ha... whew...

Epiternal

Reaction score
PFFT-ahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha-heh-ha... whew...

Laugh all you want, I just didn't enjoy it, your character flinched too often, enemies blocked too much and there wasn't enough time to react to attacks, I found that 90% of the time I was using the time stop spell which felt cheap as anything.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Laugh all you want, I just didn't enjoy it, your character flinched too often, enemies blocked too much and there wasn't enough time to react to attacks, I found that 90% of the time I was using the time stop spell which felt cheap as anything.
There are three main strategies for 'broken combat' in Fable:TLC without resorting to the tediously boring slow-paced combat of the Slow Time spell.

1) Berserking. Your attacks are now unblockable and you can wield two-handed weapons as if they were one-handers. Go nuts.
2) Mana Shielding. You no longer flinch and you can't lose your combat multiplier or your Flourish when hit. Go even more nuts.

Or... if you want to be a little less godly and more gimmicky...

3) Be a pure archer character. You can still block melee attacks with your bow (should you ever feel the need to do such a thing.) You can use the Multi-Arrow spell to increase your damage potential on single targets (and possibly groups.) Arrows are unblockable, but you have to charge them up so you spend some time rolling/dodging around depending on how much charge you'll need to kill a target. Skorm's Bow (The best bow) has an infinite charge potential. You can, potentially, do the maximum amount of damage allowed by the game. It would take an extremely long time to charge it up... but it's possible.

Epiternal

Reaction score
As far as melee goes I used the shield a lot, because flinching got annoying, never tried berserk tbh, so thanks for that. As far as archery goes, forget that, I got Skorms Bow and while it was, like you said, the best bow in the game I could never get into archery, it was slow and because I never got the multi arrow spell, fairly pointless. But I see your point, there are a lot of strategies I never actually tried. :p

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I remember receiving Fable I from a friend ages ago. (my friend never asked the game back, i still got it today and it must be like... well i dunno 10 years ago maybe? i'm not sure when the game was released).

Anyway, both Fable I and II are amazing games. The storyline from the first one is really great, while the second one isn't that special. The third one though was amazing again imo.

I really think you'd enjoy playing through both of them although i wouldn't reccoment trying to find all the different weapons and buying all the houses in the game (especially in fable I, takes ages :eek:). Just play through the campaign to get a sence of storyline.

King William

Reaction score
Fable 3 is set 50 years after F2 it has everything to do with 2. Your F2 hero is the king/queen of Albion before they die. Im just saying, I highly reccomend playing 2 before you do anything else with 3.

I am have done 3,.. four times. But I will get into my TARDIS and go back in time, and tell the past me what you said. Also,.. I will tell me, DO NOT go to the place and to have your haircut!

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I just read a few comments from other people and thought i had to say something else :p.

If you compare Fable I with other games of that time the Fable completely owned them. For that reason i'll always remember it as one of the best games i've ever played. It took them years and yeaars (wasn't it like 10 years? lol) before i heard that they were working on a second one.

When i bought/played the second Fable i was slightly displeased that you couldn't buy yourself armour anymore. Also the removal of bows/crossbows was kinda lame (they had a few crossbows though, but guns overpowered them). The storyline didn't really interest me either. It was nice, but i expected more fantasy.

The third one was imo, although apparently not a lot of people agree with me, the best Fable game. There were so many side quests that weren't just made in 5 minutes. They really tried to make nearly every quest funny-ish :p. I got a lot of giggles out of them :). The main quest was perfect too. The entire game you thought the main goal was to kill the evil character, just like in Fable II, and become king. But then a totally new storyline began.

Apart from several glitches in both the second and the third game i really enjoy playing Fable. The only downside perhaps is that there isn't really a challange anymore after you've played the game for a while.

King William

Reaction score
Thanks OwNzOr your post really helped. I am playing Red Dead Redemption Undead right now, and when I finish, "IF" a game does not come along that interests me more, then I will do fab., 2. ;-)

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
I am have done 3,.. four times. But I will get into my TARDIS and go back in time, and tell the past me what you said. Also,.. I will tell me, DO NOT go to the place and to have your haircut!

Theres no need to get offended...Tardis...? Anyway, all im saying is that going back and playing 1 and 2 is highly reccomended.

Jigsaw86

Reaction score
I played Fable II first when it first came out. (I never owned the first generation XBOX so I didn't play TLC until much later) I would definately say that the first two are worth checking out if you played the third one first and who knows maybe after you've completed them you'll be able to understand some of the problems a lot of the fans of the earlier games had with the third installment.

King William

Reaction score
Theres no need to get offended...Tardis...? Anyway, all im saying is that going back and playing 1 and 2 is highly reccomended.

I am not offended. :D Anyway, I just got back from the past,... and I am very stubborn,... I could not convince myself to wait since fable 3 had just been delivered that day. However, I did have sex with myself,.. I always wondered how I was at sex,... and I was GREAT!!:cool:

TARDIS. Time and Relative Dimension in Space. The time machine from Dr. Who. <3

King William

Reaction score
Okay,.. I ordered from Amazon, Fable 2 Platinum Hits. It saids it has more missions and such. I also ordered, TLC. ;-)

Khalin

Reaction score
Fable II was the weakest game in the series in my opinion, I didn't even have the motivation to replay it even once. I do think it's still good enough to warrant at least one playthrough though. I recommend doing Fable: TLC before tackling Fable II, so you can more fully appreciate what Fable's really all about.

Aw, you're kidding. I can't think of a game with easier combat than Fable: TLC. In fact, that was my chief complaint with the game [despite how much I loved it]. I felt it seriously lacked challenge. I've gone through the entire game without taking a single hit too many times. Berserk is pretty superfluous and unnecessary in my opinion - I think I only tried it out once for like 5 minutes. To me it wasn't worth looking hideously stupid for something that really isn't changing the flow of combat. Slow Time is great for No Protection/Without a Scratch boasts for earlier quests in the game, and once you get Physical Shield for the other main quests, the game is just way too easy. It certainly is nice to feel so powerful though. Even with my limited setup for my character due to my vanity and particularism, he's easily more powerful than the heroes from Fable II and III.

Epiternal

Reaction score
Aw, you're kidding. I can't think of a game with easier combat than Fable: TLC.

I never said the combat made the game hard, just that it was shoddy and I didn't like it, I mean it wasn't the worst combat and granted I didn't explore all opportunities to find a rhythm I could gel with, but that's just how it goes. In actual fact I revise my earlier statement, even though I didn't like the combat I'd still definitely get Fable I again, because aside from that it was a superb game, it's moral choices are probably better than II's (definitely better than III's), and the final boss was by far the best II's wasn't even a fight and III's was...Ok....but the fact that he wasn't a hero sort of diminished his overall threat, Jack of Blades felt far more threatening.

King William

Reaction score
Amazon sent me an email, saying that II is on the way. I guess there is a delay with TLC. So I will play II when it comes.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Fable 3 had a lot to do with Fable 2, which totally rocked, so at least 2 you should play. They were all amazing though. LOVED 3 despite all the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.