• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 fan. Should I do 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalin

Reaction score
how can you say 1 and 2 are horseshit?
Pardon me since I may be wrong about this, but based on the "hidden" white text in his post, I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic. At least most people on these forums seemed to view Fable: TLC quite positively.

Edit: Oh ****ING HELL I double-posted on accident, then deleted the wrong post. SIGH.

Blunt summary of my original post:
Fable 3 had a lot to do with Fable 2, which totally rocked, so at least 2 you should play. They were all amazing though. LOVED 3 despite all the haters.
People try way too hard to be elitist critics since that's the cool way to act nowadays. It's in the nature of such people to bitch about very minor things and allow that to completely overshadow a vast array of positives that the game might have. Some people have valid and understandable complaints, but I've noticed a few whiners on here and it's a bit annoying. Fable II is my least favourite of the series, but I'll proudly admit that I still enjoyed the game, and can name quite a few things about it that I very much enjoyed. I definitely loved Fable III, even though Fable: TLC is definitely my favourite.

bradio12

Reaction score
i was searching ALL THROUGH THE SHOPS for fable tlc even all over ebay they didnt have but then i found fable 1 on xbox live marketplace to bad it's now tlc :[

King William

Reaction score
Fable 3 had a lot to do with Fable 2, which totally rocked, so at least 2 you should play. They were all amazing though. LOVED 3 despite all the haters.
Well I LOVED 3 also,... 2 should arrive any day now, and I got another email from amazon that TLC has been shipped.;-)

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Pardon me since I may be wrong about this, but based on the "hidden" white text in his post, I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic. At least most people on these forums seemed to view Fable: TLC quite positively.

Edit: Oh f****** HELL I double-posted on accident, then deleted the wrong post. SIGH.

Blunt summary of my original post:

People try way too hard to be elitist critics since that's the cool way to act nowadays. It's in the nature of such people to bitch about very minor things and allow that to completely overshadow a vast array of positives that the game might have. Some people have valid and understandable complaints, but I've noticed a few whiners on here and it's a bit annoying. Fable II is my least favourite of the series, but I'll proudly admit that I still enjoyed the game, and can name quite a few things about it that I very much enjoyed. I definitely loved Fable III, even though Fable: TLC is definitely my favourite.

Totally agree! I'm constantly amazed at the little things that people will let ruin a game for them. Of course, there were little things I would change too, but that didn't keep me from appreciating the game as a whole. If the whiners that only want to point out flaws want a game that's perfectly suited to them, then maybe they should devote their life to making games like the people who make the Fable series. Then they could deal with the people who only point out the negative in their games.

Joss

Reaction score
Out of all 3 games, Fable II is my favorite. Seems deeper, and the main storyline lasted much longer. The animation was a little better, too.

untuva

Lady in Red
Reaction score
Def yeah, atleast 2 if enjoyed 3. They're similiar in some ways, but I liked the second one more. Would've loved to see Oakvale/Wraithmarsh and the creepy areas there, like the orphanage, drowned farm and twinblade's tomb again.. And why the hell they had to remove banshees?! They were so awesomely dark and disturbing in F2.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Def yeah, atleast 2 if enjoyed 3. They're similiar in some ways, but I liked the second one more. Would've loved to see Oakvale/Wraithmarsh and the creepy areas there, like the orphanage, drowned farm and twinblade's tomb again.. And why the hell they had to remove banshees?! They were so awesomely dark and disturbing in F2.

I wondered why they took the banshees out too...I loved them!

King William

Reaction score
Okay, I have started 2, and am far enough in to it that I feel I can give an educated opinion.

First off, thanks to all of those who took the time to give me advice, it really helped in making my decision. ^_^

I thought 2, would be a little less polished and I was right. The graphics are a bit childish compared to 3. And it feels a bit claustrophobic, I have not come across the wide open spaces of 3, but maybe that is coming as I progress.
But I guess that is attributed to the ever advancements in technology. Just think, in a few years the games we play now, will be like comparing rotary dial telephones to call-phones. :cool:

You can get engaged in 2, but like 3 need a house to marry, but 3 had a nice wedding which 2 does not.

In 2 it is harder to make money. In 3 I had money for a house, and a second house in no time. Now it took me forever to by a stall. Now I have three, but still not enough money for a house.

But in 2, you do not have to open chests on the road to rule, like the entrepreneur chest. You can buy a house or business as soon as you have money. I plus for 2.

Both are gay friendly, which is cool. As soon as I saw some people were straight, then I knew there had to be gay guys. It did not take me long to find a handsome bi-sexual stall vendor and marry him. <3

Also the advantage over 2 is, that there seems to be a more variety of people. In 3, it looked like towns filled with twins and triplets. >_<
"Oh, I saw your twin in Brightwall, and he is a Blacksmith too. Does Blacksmithing run in the family,?" '
"Oh, whats that, your have a triplet brother in another town who is also a Blacksmith?"

And there were several men with their shirts off in 2, and the men are in better shape and better looking then 3. :blush:

I do not know if they have kissing in 2, but I liked the dancing and kissing in 3. I am guessing there is no brothel in 2, because I remember then king in 3, talking about having the first brothel in Albion.

I miss my hammer in 3 (I used to say, "ITS HAMMER TIME!", right before combat) but the sword is okay. The combat seems challenging enough.

In 2 it is harder to get those colorful balls which allows you to get advancements in skills. I have been focusing on his Physique. Which takes forever for him to get buffed. But both 2 and 3 allow for NO shirt, which is nice. :blush:

The Demon Door were much more detailed and polished in 3 compared to 2.

AND the story line in 3, was much more interesting and clearer then in 2.

But overall I am glad I got it and am enjoying playing it.

King William

Reaction score
Okay, I have started 2, and am far enough in to it that I feel I can give an educated opinion.

First off, thanks to all of those who took the time to give me advice, it really helped in making my decision. ^_^

I thought 2, would be a little less polished and I was right. The graphics are a bit childish compared to 3. And it feels a bit claustrophobic, I have not come across the wide open spaces of 3, but maybe that is coming as I progress.
But I guess that is attributed to the ever advancements in technology. Just think, in a few years the games we play now, will be like comparing rotary dial telephones to call-phones. :cool:

You can get engaged in 2, but like 3 need a house to marry, but 3 had a nice wedding which 2 does not.

In 2 it is harder to make money. In 3 I had money for a house, and a second house in no time. Now it took me forever to by a stall. Now I have three, but still not enough money for a house.

But in 2, you do not have to open chests on the road to rule, like the entrepreneur chest. You can buy a house or business as soon as you have money. I plus for 2.

They have deeds over the property you own in 2, which is a nice feature. You do not wait time seeing if it is for sale, a feature that is not in 3.

Both are gay friendly, which is cool. As soon as I saw some people were straight, then I knew there had to be gay guys. It did not take me long to find a handsome bi-sexual stall vendor and marry him. <3

Also the advantage over 2 is, that there seems to be a more variety of people. In 3, it looked like towns filled with twins and triplets. >_<
"Oh, I saw your twin in Brightwall, and he is a Blacksmith too. Does Blacksmithing run in the family,?" '
"Oh, whats that, your have a triplet brother in another town who is also a Blacksmith?"

And there were several men with their shirts off in 2, and the men are in better shape and better looking then 3. :blush:

I do not know if they have kissing in 2, but I liked the dancing and kissing in 3. I am guessing there is no brothel in 2, because I remember then king in 3, talking about having the first brothel in Albion.

I miss my hammer in 3 (I used to say, "ITS HAMMER TIME!", right before combat) but the sword is okay. The combat seems challenging enough.

In 2 it is harder to get those colorful balls which allows you to get advancements in skills. I have been focusing on his Physique. Which takes forever for him to get buffed. But both 2 and 3 allow for NO shirt, which is nice. :blush:

The Demon Door were much more detailed and polished in 3 compared to 2.

AND the story line in 3, was much more interesting and clearer then in 2.

But overall I am glad I got it and am enjoying playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.