• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 PC Version Released Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Fable 3 is to be released on may 17th and has some neat bonuses over the console version and some screenshots:

Lionhead have announced that Fable 3 will be coming to PC in North America on May 17, and in Europe, Australia and New Zealand May 19. Microsoft say the PC version of the game will come with support for Nvidia’s 3D tecnhnology, and will feature an additional hardcore mode. A score of new screenshots have been released showing off the PC version’s higher levels of detail. You’ll find them below.

Screenies and article here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/25/fable-3-pc-release-date-announced-new-screenshots-released/

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Too bad they'll get low sales because of the delay, and blame it on the PC being a crappy platform.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
that took forever holy ****

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
It doesn't look that much better, although I'm sure it is. Meh.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
I think the console should have a Hardcore Mode too... slaughtering your enemies with a pistol stays fun for only so long.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Well PC = Mods, yes?

Perhaps the community will release better content then the developers, from what I've seen so far, i believe thats all we can hope for.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I hope a fable equivalent of cbox and fable explorer can be worked out within the next year, that'd be fun

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
When I saw 'Released' in the thread title, I thought it's out now.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
I hope a fable equivalent of cbox and fable explorer can be worked out within the next year, that'd be fun
Might be a bit difficult, the mechanics have completely changed. And a lot of stuff is extremely integrated with Havok. If Lionhead doesn't release some of the asset tools (XSI/Max plugins; Compression tools) you aren't going to be seeing much.

If the PC version is still using HavokVM then a new decompiler will need to be written for the LUA scripts too. And THAT will be a huge pain in the ass.

The models I can probably tear apart in a matter of days though. Physics models might take a tad bit more time. Between Lionhead and Big Blue Box I think I've seen every model format known to man.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Aye, there's so much unadulterated s*** in this new setup that the idea of having any broad tools for Fable 3 any time soon is just not going to happen. Get out your hex editors gentleman.

Wouldn't count on that. If I did even just a half-decent job researching this, it looks to me like HavokVM is only used in console games (including Fable 3), and I'm willing to bet that this has to do with licensing issues or something like that. No, I think instead, they'll be using vanilla LUA or perhaps maybe their custom flavor of LUA used in Fable 2. Maybe.

Ssshhhhhhhh, they'll hear you and then they'll make a new one that's even more messed up than the ones in the first Fable.

Aye I was thinking along the same lines. But got shot down pretty hard when I asked about it [HavokVM] on the official forums.

If their still going to use the doubled LUA then we're good to go. The decompiler for Fable 2 should still work (Only a few crashes when decompiling LUA+). And I'm pretty sure Fable 3 still recognizes it.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
well finally i can do something besdes try to construde and see what slots do what in Fable Explorer

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
well finally i can do something besdes try to construde and see what slots do what in Fable Explorer
No more 'unknown' properties in the objects. They are listed this time in the GDBs.

Unfortunately, they did not name any object in the game. ANY OBJECT IN THE GAME. 150k+ objects.
So have fun trying to find that gun you wanted to mod...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I love how this went quickly to the subject of modding. This is what I'm most interested in doing. I will of course play the game as is first. I wonder if the code will be locked down more because of the Online aspects of the game.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
There's good news and bad news. It's opposite of Fable/Fable:TLC, we won't be able to touch assets (models, textures, etc.) for a while, definition properties are named but objects are not (so you can change weapon damage easily, you just don't know which weapon you're editing), and we will most likely have complete access to the scripts. We just need Bizzaro to fly through the walls now.

Technically we have models too (static and animated). Just no textures because of the compression. Maybe the devs will eventually throw us a bone on that one? I bet it's proprietary though.

iamorion

Reaction score
I had heard early on that Fable III was going to be cross platform. So after installing the game today me and my son gave it a shot. Him on his xbox live account and me on my windows live and we could not get it to work. Anyone know if this was actually meant to be cross platform or if there is a trick to making it work?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
They did say it was going to be crossplatform, but then they decided to scrap it.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
dammit, and i wanted to have a murder mystery orgy with everyone as my first act as king

Status
Not open for further replies.