• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Possibly not an RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Possibly not an RPG

I dont see it being an FPS, Fable is centered around the idea of playing a role and this is essential to make it Fable. I will read article fully later to see all the details.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

That doesn't make any sense.:unsure:
Peter knows we love the story line. It wouldn't be a fable without a story line.:(

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

I don't want to see fable III ending up like links crossbow wii game :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Archon'sRage;288264 said:
I don't want to see fable III ending up like links crossbow wii game :(

I doubt that would happen as Peter is trying to get people to get emotionally attached to their characters, then make moral choices that effect the game and immerse themselves in a role. You cant really do that in an FPS so i cant see Lionhead going down that route for Fable EVER.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

There's absolutely no way it will be a First Person Shooter. The unique thing about Fable is that your appearance is very customizable and reflects on your actions. What's the point of having that if you can't see your own face? Hence, one of the greatest ironies of life.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arladerus;288290 said:
There's absolutely no way it will be a First Person Shooter. The unique thing about Fable is that your appearance is very customizable and reflects on your actions. What's the point of having that if you can't see your own face? Hence, one of the greatest ironies of life.

Also a very good point, changing appearance when you spend most the game not seeing it makes little sense.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

When you think about.
Fable 1 - Not many clothes options.
People complained.
Fable 2 - Not many clothes options.
Once again, people complained.

So maybe Lionhead thought about this and realised that there's a pattern. So you not being able to see the character will stop people complaining about clothes. Though, it does sound weird. Fable 2 as an FPS?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

all I know is that lionhead makes good stuff thats fun and different and thats what makes fable so great. as long as the end result is good I have no problem. as far as fable 3 is concerned Im not gonna give in to any hipe because thats just setting yourself up for disapointment.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;288234 said:
I dont see it being an FPS, Fable is centered around the idea of playing a role and this is essential to make it Fable. I will read article fully later to see all the details.

Well honestly what other genre could fable iii be, possibly a god genre game (Black And White) but i would be disappointed along with it ebing a FPS (Unless it was like Fallout 3 which is a FPS RPG, so technically thts off).

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;288291 said:
Also a very good point, changing appearance when you spend most the game not seeing it makes little sense.
I have seen a few interviews with Peter recently and he never said one word about changing Fable like the interview says. I just don't believe it.:rolleyes:
Glenn Watts from Fable 2 has said that it will stay a RPG.^_^

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

He's just teasing us. He's Peter Molyneux. It's what he does.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

he never said first person shooter. he said it could be any genre including one that hasn't been invented yet. it is though fairly obvious he was talking about fable though with the whole "drive yourself off a cliff" comment and where he said fable 3 by mistake :lol:

i'm guessing something more in the mmo direction.

Dentie

Reaction score

TJ Griffin;288309 said:
all I know is that lionhead makes good stuff thats fun and different and thats what makes fable so great. as long as the end result is good I have no problem. as far as fable 3 is concerned Im not gonna give in to any hipe because thats just setting yourself up for disapointment.

i'll go with TJ :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;288379 said:
Well honestly what other genre could fable iii be, possibly a god genre game (Black And White) but i would be disappointed along with it ebing a FPS (Unless it was like Fallout 3 which is a FPS RPG, so technically thts off).

Fallout 3 may have FPS elements but its an RPG at heart. However moral choices dont effect your appearance so the camera has no effect on that part. Also your appearance doesnt effect how people see you (fear, love etc) so again has no effect.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Peter Molyneux's ultimate goal at the moment is to make the greatest game ever. Whether it is an RPG or not is up to the gamers because it's all them. That's my opinion.:geek:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Hes talking dirty to us. Hes teasing us, Reow.

Nah, its gonig to be an RPG, They wouldnt change it. Poitnless and the Fans wouldnt be happy.

X

Xeon

"Fable 2 will be a game that people that don't play games and pick up and enjoy"

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, it sounds like he's full of typical Peter Molyneaux ****. Anyone else here feel like a mushroom?

He could also be hinting at serious expansion. To use a kinda bad example. MechWarrior-- it's got a bit of everything, board games, videogames, books.

Fable could do the same thing. The world of Albion could host a lot of different games, not neccesarily Fable but in the same universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.