• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Review

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
In my opinion, it was great - great graphics, gameplay and character personalities. But they changed way too many things up -

For instance, instead of being able to buy different economic levels of goods 1-5 star it's just one item.
Example:
Pretty Necklace
Precious Necklace
Solid Gold Necklace

where as in Fable 3 it's just called Jewelry, buying options are very limited, shopping sucks, interaction with other AI sucks, and they made Reaver looked 100% uglier in Fable 3 than he was in Fable 2 and in a way changed his personality.

Any regions that returned I barely noticed, and a lot of things were flip-flopped. Everything is just changed around way too much and I dislike it, but for the majority it's an ok game. I'd give it a 3.5/5 or 4/5.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with you on some of those things, I don't like how the store items range are limited, where as in Fable II and I the range was very broad. I guess L.H just took it a bit too far with the whole interactive world thing.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
how far in the story have you gotten exactly? because i have noticed a somewhat limited shopping selection, too.
the world map wasn't particularly memorable either...and i haven't even fast traveled (i'm about 5 hours in, mind you)
i definitely agree that they may have spent too much time making the game interactive and accessible. i really don't like their solution to the leveling up system, and even though i've found the story to be as glorious as any fable plot, the thing i look forward to most are upgrading my weapons, buying new clothes/hair styles/ and getting new dye. clothes and hairstyles are shops, which is fine i guess. it takes a long time to unlock the various regions, but i can deal. the selection per shop is extremely limited, though. you'll have maybe 4-5 total outfits available in your average shop (half of them being of the other gender). what i HATE WITH A PASSION is that the the sword, gun, magic, expressions, job skills, dyes, and unique abilities like stealing and combining spells can NOT be unlocked until you've reached a certain point in the story. it COMPLETELY erases the players ability to work hard and grind in order to be as strong as they wanted to be.

that new upgrade system just ****es me off.
also, Sabine (Ben Kingsley) has some serious bad breath.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I beat the game on the second day but there's still a ton of chests I need to open on the Road to Rule, I haven't spent much time on quests, mostly on making money and buying houses. Combat is extremely annoying, especially when facing several enemies because they hit you so much you can't move. All enemies take a rather LARGE amount of damage, even with a weapon that does around 80 damage. Honestly, the only thing good about the game is the story line and some of the moments that happen in the game. Everything else was just... ruined. :/ I've never truly been let down over a game before (except MW2 Online), but they just destroyed the Fable trilogy with this. They should have kept all of Fable 2's features, upgraded the graphics and kept all the regions, added a few and then put in the story line. Keeping all the Fable 2 essentials, beause those were great and simple to work with.

Reaction score
the shopping selection thing is meant to make the game more "interactual" I think its an absolutely, um.... bad idea. hate it. Although i like the game as a whole. The only bad bits are:

shopping
NO TROLLS
no oakfield
places are rubbish
demon doors and gold doors have rubbish prizes
other stuff

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I still say it sucks, and I haven't played the game in like a month.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
the shopping selection thing is meant to make the game more "interactual" I think its an absolutely, um.... bad idea. hate it. Although i like the game as a whole. The only bad bits are:

shopping
NO TROLLS
no oakfield
places are rubbish
demon doors and gold doors have rubbish prizes
other stuff

I didn't even notice the lack of trolls! that sucks hairy BALLS! demon doors suck all around. no oakvale or oakfield or brightwood. this game was awesome! but disappointing in so many ways......

1000th Post!!!! Whooo!!!! and i just got to 10000 gamerscore last night! I'm on a roll!