• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FABLE 4

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So with half of Lionhead gone and Peter leaving do you guys have any hope left for Fable? I personally think that Heroes MIGHT, MIGHT be fun but its a downward spiral nonetheless.

My hope is hanging by a thread, but we'll see what happens.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
If it's any more simplified, stripped down and shallow than Fable 3 we're in big trouble.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Steampunk Fable.

Make it so, Number One.

Reaction score
Ok some things I want to see in this one

1. I would hope they bring back the option to fight in The Crucible as many times as u like
2 plenty of side quests so as not to rush the main storyline I had a real problem with that in Fable 2
3 a solid main villain who forces the player to real have to try to defeat them aka give us another Jack of Blades
first form I mean his dragon form in Lost Chapters was easy!
4 Keep the dog!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I want it to be good, which it's probably not going to be.

Dayuuum.

Reaction score
Now what sort of attitude is that? I will have none of that type of negativity no no!
Now I want you to close your eyes and repeat "they will bring back Jack of Blades"
This should improve your feelings about the new game.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Now what sort of attitude is that? I will have none of that type of negativity no no!
Now I want you to close your eyes and repeat "they will bring back Jack of Blades"
This should improve your feelings about the new game.
Jesus no. I'm not gonna lie, Jack is a great villain but his story ark had a closure, and a nice one at that. Now if you want it to be set pre-Fable and have him maybe as a cameo but definetly not the main villain then its alright.
Also, Lucien is my favorite villain hands down.

Reaction score
Jesus no. I'm not gonna lie, Jack is a great villain but his story ark had a closure, and a nice one at that. Now if you want it to be set pre-Fable and have him maybe as a cameo but definetly not the main villain then its alright.
Also, Lucien is my favorite villain hands down.

As to your first comment I agree it did close and I suppose digging it up would not make much sense.

For your second comment please to be explaining!
Lucien was an easy kill one bullet and it was done no challenge!
Even the Crawler out classes him by far.

Not wanting to start a battle just saying.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
As to your first comment I agree it did close and I suppose digging it up would not make much sense.

For your second comment please to be explaining!
Lucien was an easy kill one bullet and it was done no challenge!
Even the Crawler out classes him by far.

Not wanting to start a battle just saying.
How dare you!!! Luicien is THE only Fable antagonist with an in-game backstory. And a lovely one at that. He is not your typical HURR DURR I WILL DESTROY SE WORLD guy but a normal, loving man whose life got a turn for the worse, driving hm insane. He isn't some demon from the underworld, or a diabolical evil from faraway lands. He is a frail human being that would do anything to bring his loved ones back.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
Now that Peter M is gone, hopefully Fable 4 Can Redem the Franchise.

I Like Peter M, but his ideas were quickly running fable into the ground.

If they end up making it too steampunk, or take away melee combat .. well no more fable for me then i suppose.

Reaction score
How dare you!!! Luicien is THE only Fable antagonist with an in-game backstory. And a lovely one at that. He is not your typical HURR DURR I WILL DESTROY SE WORLD guy but a normal, loving man whose life got a turn for the worse, driving hm insane. He isn't some demon from the underworld, or a diabolical evil from faraway lands. He is a frail human being that would do anything to bring his loved ones back.

RELAX SIR RELAX! Ok are you calm? Good now obviously we are looking for different things in the Fable games you want rich back story and yes you are right Lucien is the ONLY Fable villain to ever have one. I on the other hand want a good fight a reason to increase my levels and attain the most powerful spells. I did not find that in Fable 2 I was left with no glorious combat no final show down just one bullet and it was over+.

So in the end Lucien is a good villain for his story I will give you that but for a wonderful final battle not so much.
I guess that is why I love arena combat so much it's the only time I feel truly challenged.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I guess that is why I love arena combat so much it's the only time I feel truly challenged.

You felt challenged in the arena? I find it easy just to whip right through the place.

Of course I always get the red dragon the second I get to whatever town the crucible is in so that might be part of the reason. it can be fire VERY fast, kill a big bandit in about a second or less.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
You felt challenged in the arena? I find it easy just to whip right through the place.

Of course I always get the red dragon the second I get to whatever town the crucible is in so that might be part of the reason. it can be fire VERY fast, kill a big bandit in about a second or less.
Westcliff.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
My main issue with the Fable series is that it feels corrupted. Fable TLC had this air of wonder about it, it was like other fantasy games, and yet totally different. Fable 2 was okay, but was almost entirely different from the first. If it wasn't for people randomly going "OH HEY YOU'RE A HERO AND STUFF GUILD SEALS LOL!!!", I wouldn't have even thought I was playing a Fable game. At times, I actually forgot I was.

New things and change, not so bad. But not when it changes almost everything that has defined the series so far. Guns, as much as they put me off the game, I could accept if they were somehow incorporated into the Guild training, but oh wait, THE GUILD IS GONE BECAUSE PETER MOLYNEAUX IS A HERPADERP. There are so many problems I have with Fable 2 and 3 that I can't even begin to sort them out in my head, and it's a constant distraction when I play anything but TLC.

If Peter wanted to make the game so damn different, why not just make a new game entirely and keep Fable the way fans want it? The Guild being destroyed was the point when Fable officially broke. The series is damaged beyond repair, and only by going back to BEFORE all of that stupidity can there be any hope. Peter stopped trying to make GAMES after around his eighteenth cocaine line, and instead made interactive movies... that suck. Seeing Fable as it is today, is one of the most massive disappointments I have ever seen. It ranks right below the Star Wars prequels, and right above Dragon Age 2.

I'm going to stop now because I realize that's alot to read, but honestly, I'm just getting started on the amount of problems I have with Peter MolyIhatemyfanbasesolet'sscrewthemoverlol and his "games".

Reaction score
My main issue with the Fable series is that it feels corrupted. Fable TLC had this air of wonder about it, it was like other fantasy games, and yet totally different. Fable 2 was okay, but was almost entirely different from the first. If it wasn't for people randomly going "OH HEY YOU'RE A HERO AND STUFF GUILD SEALS LOL!!!", I wouldn't have even thought I was playing a Fable game. At times, I actually forgot I was.

New things and change, not so bad. But not when it changes almost everything that has defined the series so far. Guns, as much as they put me off the game, I could accept if they were somehow incorporated into the Guild training, but oh wait, THE GUILD IS GONE BECAUSE PETER MOLYNEAUX IS A HERPADERP. There are so many problems I have with Fable 2 and 3 that I can't even begin to sort them out in my head, and it's a constant distraction when I play anything but TLC.

If Peter wanted to make the game so damn different, why not just make a new game entirely and keep Fable the way fans want it? The Guild being destroyed was the point when Fable officially broke. The series is damaged beyond repair, and only by going back to BEFORE all of that stupidity can there be any hope. Peter stopped trying to make GAMES after around his eighteenth cocaine line, and instead made interactive movies... that suck. Seeing Fable as it is today, is one of the most massive disappointments I have ever seen. It ranks right below the Star Wars prequels, and right above Dragon Age 2.

I'm going to stop now because I realize that's alot to read, but honestly, I'm just getting started on the amount of problems I have with Peter MolyIhatemyfanbasesolet'sscrewthemoverlol and his "games".

You make a valid series of points. With no Hero's Guild the essence of being one is gone. Leaving old school fans thinking ok so now I am a wandering gun for hire? So now that makes me hope that since Peter is gone this may be a game that reinstates The Guild with The Hero of Oakvalve as the Guildmaster or at least a close relative or Scythe.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Peter doesnt make these decisions alone and if he says he wants something in the game it has to go through the team too. He might have to give final say on some decisions but cant put all of the issues the Fable series ended up having onto him as thats unfair. He made mistakes and lots of them but Lionhead as a whole have made them too.

Reaction score
Alright, after reading many great arguments I think we can all agree that the flaws in the design
are these:
1 Straying from the original plot line and removing key elements that made it work.
2. Not putting very much time into the new storyline in an attempt to rush it to market.
3 And this is the same thing that destroyed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle franchise of the late 80's and early 90
(yes I am that old lol) To many ideas being tossed in without much thought to whether or not they would actually work.

Let us hope that in this game the mistakes listed above will not be made either by Lionhead or whoever is head of the main design team.

The Messenger

The Puppeteer of Souls
Reaction score
If I may say what I want in Fable 4, a long storyline. I thought of Jack's son, let's say Ace of Blades, is finally spotted. Ace is you. Sonsidering that you're Jack's son, people won't like you. You can either change their mind, or make them think of no other option. You can bring back old towns or spellweave, best of the Fables. You should get more decisions for pets, not just dogs. And maybe more outfits,spells,more kinds of hero weapons, and a new guild. Who could say "NO, WORST IDEA EVER" to this, hmm?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
If I may say what I want in Fable 4, a long storyline. I thought of Jack's son, let's say Ace of Blades, is finally spotted. Ace is you. Sonsidering that you're Jack's son, people won't like you. You can either change their mind, or make them think of no other option. You can bring back old towns or spellweave, best of the Fables. You should get more decisions for pets, not just dogs. And maybe more outfits,spells,more kinds of hero weapons, and a new guild. Who could say "NO, WORST IDEA EVER" to this, hmm?
NO, WORST IDEA EVER