• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FABLE 4

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
Ok fable the journey is not fable 4 and fable 4 is coming out in 2013 and it be with a pad base like other fable games but it just a ruarmor for now go to ign.com to read and look at the video

Cain

Reaction score
Hmm, knowing lionhead they will make it sound amazing, when in reality its probably a 'WIN' button in the middle of HUD, seeing how railroaded the journey is.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I didn't see anything on IGN, but I found this.

"Look for the Fable cycle to continue with a proper, controller-based Fable 4 in 2013,"
Lionhead has already stated The Journey isn't Fable 4

These two things make everything alright. I am so relieved.

BWfreak

Reaction score
So after seeing some of the gameplay for Fable The Journey, it does look like something I would try. But it just doesn't seem like Fable because it's first person!!!! Fable should not be first person.

BWfreak

Reaction score
The only thing that I don't like from just seeing the concept stuff is that the enemy seems to be the same thing as it was in Fable 3, darkness. It's just too similar. They need to change it up a bit.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Yea but if it were me I would rather make venture into new territory than keep making the same thing over and over or using the same idea over and over.

FCMXD

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with older stuff. Would be fine with me if we went back to Hook Coast or Witchwood or the areas to the North from TLC.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Samarkand and visiting Garth's descendents. Especially considering that Fable follows the story of the Hero of Oakvale, I would like to see more of the older content.

And I miss Lady Grey :(

Lionhead tried to create a female interest in Whisper/Hammer/Elise...but really, who cares? Elvira Grey was to greatest female character they created because YOU DON'T MATTER. You are not the greatest hero of all time, Thunder is. And even Briar Rose is ahead of you! Hell, even the Guildmaster has a better chance! You suck!

Fast-forward to Fable III and you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Please bring back the grandiose feel for Fable IV.

Yes, it's great to be powerful. But power is insignificant if there is nothing to measure it against.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
What they could have done is not make the journey at all, and focused on Fable 4 the whole way through, rather then splitting their dev team.

Even if they are making a Fable 4 for the controller based on what they've done to the story and the quality of their games it will probably suck too.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
i dont care as long as they they make fable 4 good as the other fable games

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Not so sure. Microsoft may decide to make it, but I think that any hope of PM heading development is misplaced.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Any opinions of what time period it should be set in? like - child of Fable 3 Monarch (like 3 followed from 2) or perhaps set in a future where the Monarchy has been destroyed and the worlds further run into turmoil (al la Reaver) ?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lionhead have said time and time again that they're only moving forward in terms of what time period the next installment will be set in.

Personally, I think setting it back in the old kingdom would be great. Or even back to a time setting similar to that of the first game.

Anything further than the age of enlightenment we had in Fable 3, and they may aswell set the game in the mid-'90s. Though I'm pretty sure we're being handed a Steampunk Fable in the future.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lionhead have said time and time again that they're only moving forward in terms of what time period the next installment will be set in.

I can see it now Fable: 2142

battlefield2142pcboxart.jpg

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Magic,swords - completely obsolete, guns are key, and instead of gnomes we have ipads shooting out insults at us lol

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
62858.jpg

"Now that's more like it."

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
So with half of Lionhead gone and Peter leaving do you guys have any hope left for Fable? I personally think that Heroes MIGHT, MIGHT be fun but its a downward spiral nonetheless.