• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable I or Fable II?

What one do you like btter?

• Fable I (Includes TLC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fable II (Includes all DLC)

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Fable I or Fable II?

What one do you prefer?

each game includes all its addons, Such as Fabe TLC for Fable I and then All the downloadable content for Fable II.

Pick a way!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Fable I or Fable II?

I don't really know why I seem to be in the minority on this subject every time, but I liked Fable 2 a lot better. It had better graphics (obviously), it had much better combat, and the biggest thing of all (for me at least) was the infinitely better customization system. Each time I play through Fable, I'm a different character. I might be an evil swordsman, a benevolent wizard, a woodsy crossbow user, a bandit, a soldier, a dark assassin, a knight, a muscly brute, or in many cases, I'll just create characters that only use certain Hero disciplines and/or certain weapons. This is why I love Fable. This is why I've beaten it so many times. This is why it has the greatest replayability of any game we have at our disposal. I still do this kind of thing in TLC, but in Fable 2, the possibilities are nearly endless, and I don't have to ever be the same kind of character twice (though sometimes I might want to).

Don't get me wrong, there are certain things about TLC that were better than Fable 2 (like the story and antagonist for example), but Fable 2 was better overall.

I could probably think of more reasons why I liked Fable 2 better, but that's what I came up with off the top of my head.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

A pretty hard choice to make here, thanks Scarecrow!

Well, I have played and finished the first Fable many times over, and it is one of my most favorite Xbox classics. As for Fable 2, I only just bought myself a new Xbox 360 and got the game, and I'm not really that far into it right now. I hate how the day/night cycle is so short, when I want to buy something in bower stone, the shops close too fast!

I will put my vote towards the first, I think Fable 3 will really impress me from what I've seen.

iC0NNNN

Premium
Reaction score

I agree with Necromancer theres just endless possibilities in Fable 2 and although the story may not be there the game play is imo

and onwings just go sleep in a bed for 6 or 12 hours lol

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

Yeah I know, it's just annoying you know? I'm really loving the game, but there are so many things that I thought were going to be better. No matter though, I have a good feeling that my thirst for Fable will be quenched next month.

What's awesome about Fable 2 is that you have the ability to start a family, and your children being able to grow and stuff. Also the guns are just awesome!

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I thoguht Fable Ii would be lik eendless oppourtunities, But I dont think it was.. Really.. And I didn't really "Connect" to the game like Molyneux hoped for..

SPOILER: But it was a bit sad when the dog died..

I liked Fable I, Just because it was my all time favourite game on the Xbox. And It was easily one of the greatest games on the Xbox, But Fable II isn't erally like that, its GOOD, No doubt, But still.. I expected more.

iC0NNNN

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah it does get kinda annoying. I think everyones thirst will be quenched next month fable 3 is going to be pretty epic.

Yeah the family aspect is cool but it would be better if they played a bigger role and yes the guns are a big change from the crossbows haha.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

I have to say Fable 1, as much as I do love Fable 2. I like a lot of the additions in 2, but they still used the SAME game system for Fable 2 as they did Fable 1. IMO they need to update their game engine. It was fine for 1, but in 2 the problems of the first game are more exaggerated.

Knothole Island is a prime example of this. Was watching Sephi play the other day and when she changed the weather from sun-baked to rainy and a lake, villagers were teleporting from below water level, to up on the docks. To me, this seemed like a quick fix for a problem they either couldn't fix, or couldn't be bothered to try and find the root of the problem.

I see a lot of glaring flaws in 2, mostly due to the fact that these problems were in the first game, only not quite as noticeable because the first game was the first, and they did good with it. But as I said, the game engine is inherently flawed. I've watched her modding, and the amount of trial and error it takes, along with how time consuming it is on top of that, it's no wonder that the developers were having so many issues and bugs to fix. Not to mention all the awesome stuff they wanna do with their game is taking them forever cuz of their system.

So basically, while I love the second game and always will despite its blatant flaws, I like the first game more, mostly because I don't have a blind **** forcing me to do her bidding like an ignorant puppy. On top of the fact that I can never shoot Reaver is has ******* face... I like him but my character doesn't lol! "I'm sorry did you want to kill him?"

I'm sure hoping that not only the story is improved in Fable 3, but everything else as well and I also hope they got a lot of the bugs fixed.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

White_Howler;429974 said:
they still used the SAME game system for Fable 2 as they did Fable 1

Actually, they didn't. The game engine and the platform were both changing, and that's why it took so long for Fable 2 to come out.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Whichever one had more pancake mix...Which was probably fable numero uno.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

very hard question. both are very different games and i like them both very much, for very different reasons

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Well, at least the votes for Fable 2 are sort of picking up.

MechaBlue

Time Traveller
Reaction score

I don’t know, there was something about Fable 2 that gripped me more. Maybe the fact the antagonist was human and slightly more understandable than Jack of Blades (even though Reaver was more evil than Lucian). Or maybe it was the fact I liked Theresa's narration voice better than the Guild Masters. Maybe it's because I have a guilty pleasure of loving dog/animal side kicks. I know I liked the charging magic system over the magic point system.

Or maybe it's because I haven't played Fable in a long, long time and have changed my tastes since then.

I think they both could use some help in the "average" character development area but I guess that takes up a lot of memory if they gave each NPC a personality of their own beyond"likes Bowerstone".

Shoe

Reaction score

Back in 2004 my friends and game magazines here were all raving about Fable but I never thought I would like it. As it turns out I played it addictively for about three months, and since then I praised it as one of the best games ever. I didn't get a 360 until recently because I lost interest in gaming, but since Fable II was released my friends kept telling me it was better than the first. I didn't believe it was possible. They were right :ninja:

Though Fable II's story and Sparrow are terrible compared to the original and the Hero of Oakvale. I think it's mainly the cutscene system I don't like, Sparrow seems to have like absolutely no personality because of it :(

Mortull

Reaction score

Fable TLC gets my vote. While 2 has many improvements, additions and tweaks that elevate it above it's predecessor technically it still suffers from the same issues that bugged me about the first. For a game that offers limitless possibilities there's a distinct lack of viable customization choices. Whenever I want to be a good/sexy character I find myself wearing the same damned outfit.

Also, dropping armour and bows irritated me. I wouldn't have minded if bows were weaker than guns, or if gunshots bypassed armour completely, but the option should still be there. I was one of those people who hoped to see shields in Fable 2...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Fable TLC had the best setting, and I'd choose it over Fable II any day.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Fable 2 was everything Fable 1 wanted to be, minus a decent story. Both have their pros and cons. It would be unfair to just pick a favorite. :p

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Fable 1:
Better story
Cooler clothes
cooler legendary weapons
easyier to get into immediately
cooler creatures (Nypmhs ftw!)
Better boss
A dragon, I love dragons, they are awesome.

Fable 2:
Better graphics
further customization
had to play it for a while to really get into it. -1
Guns
Sleep system
Cooler demon door areas.

Fable 1: 7 points
Fable 2: 4 points

Sorry fable 2.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score

Fable 2 for me.

I first played Fable at a mates for like an hour. I thought it was awesome. I was sorely dissapointed on getting it to find out how short it was. Dont get me wrong, I loved it, but it the shortness killed it for me.

I never got round to getting the expansion when i came out, so I missed that extra stuff too which probably didnt help in my rating of it.

Fable 2 was the game i thought Fable would be really. I benifited from not expecting the game to be massively long too. But overall, I found it a superior game in nearly all respects.