• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III SIgh (Spoiler alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

killasweet

Reaction score
This game is horrible compared to the first 2. Not even in the same ball park. I hate the new changes like the sanctuary and the random legendary weapons. What was wrong with the inventory we had before, it was great and if it got cluttered up, i sold stuff, no big deal. The random legendary weapons was a joke, chicken-bane, chicken-bane, chicken-bane always the same weapon in the sanctuary. Kick 100 chickens for a power-up GTFO what a joke. Have sex to power-up you sword , wow. Where is the axes, long-swords, katanas, cleavers? The enemies have them why cant we? Also they dumbed down the expressions to where i didn't bother with no one the whole game. Unless your gay who wants to dance with a guy? or play pat- a- cake with them? I never got married cause all the women looked like 80 year old prostitutes. A STD? Whats that doing in a game? If they want realism then why is it when people hate you they give you gifts? 80% of the game-play for me was walking away from the game to let my money build up. The dog becomes useless and most of the time stuck on a wall. When in a battle it was like my character was in constant slow motion. It has game breaking glitches. Your sword hovers away from your back. Reavers hair can puncture through his hat. Jasper quit talking. The game was very short and seemed like i was being pushed to finish it. You never know where your at with these maps and most of the time the bread crumb trail didn't appear. I spent 4 hours looking for flowers to make dyes? Flower power achievement? Thinking back on that i was outta my mind!

I will give this game ONE positive response, the magic spells in each hand was awesome. But why did they make the raise dead and time magic potions now? That was a bad move. Now the series is heading towards the greedy trend trying to get you to download more content to suck every last penny they can from ya for a extra hour of game-play or for a stupid dog suit. Pay $60.00 now then for another $40.00 you'll get the second half of the game. that should have been included in the first place. I know ill get flamed for this but if you say this game is better than the first 2 you expect less, waaaaay less.

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
its all TRUE aaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! no but really , its doing the cod route where they charge like £15 for 1 extra map..............

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score

But yes to most of it. I find the lack of weapon customization disturbing. Just hammers and swords? (I would've loved a longsword though) :(

And Lionhead's always charged us for the little things regarding content. I've learned to accept the darkness in that.

Spellweaving was actually the reason why I began creating Will-powered heroes now. Much more fun to have your enemies being thrown around by a tornado of fire. :p

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Mhm, I agree.

However this is a form of Marketing in order to gain money. I know it's bad and all, but they want MONEY like every other big company out there.

However I enjoy the game.

killasweet

Reaction score
I will not accept paying for things that should be already included. That is what makes a game fun is searching for those items, like a adventure game right? Thats what gives me the excitement and drive to play an adventure game. You play hard to get that favorite item, not pay for it. I already payed $60.00 for the game why should i have to pay extra for a wanted item? I want to find it in the damn game! What are they gonna do next, charge us to get magic spells? OOPS gave them a idea, better take that back. Its not about skill anymore, its about how big your bank account is. I took the game back, i couldn't stomach having it in my home anymore, we have enough coasters here.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I will not accept paying for things that should be already included. That is what makes a game fun is searching for those items, like a adventure game right? Thats what gives me the excitement and drive to play an adventure game. You play hard to get that favorite item, not pay for it. I already payed $60.00 for the game why should i have to pay extra for a wanted item? I want to find it in the damn game! What are they gonna do next, charge us to get magic spells? OOPS gave them a idea, better take that back. Its not about skill anymore, its about how big your bank account is. I took the game back, i couldn't stomach having it in my home anymore, we have enough coasters here.

DOES IT MAKE ME LOOK COOL LIKE YOU WHEN I TYPE LIKE THIS?

Lionheart

Reaction score
I loved Fable III, in my opinion it is the best so far. The humor is top notch and the atmosphere is perfect. The menu is far better the one in Fable II took about 5 minuets to navigate to your weapons/clothes so I found this system way easier. The map room was perfect for property too. Going around on foot in every city buying every house became stupidly boring in Fable II.

I've never encountered any bugs and I've played for hours. 100% AWESOME

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I loved Fable III, in my opinion it is the best so far. The humor is top notch and the atmosphere is perfect. The menu is far better the one in Fable II took about 5 minuets to navigate to your weapons/clothes so I found this system way easier. The map room was perfect for property too. Going around on foot in every city buying every house became stupidly boring in Fable II.

I've never encountered any bugs and I've played for hours. 100% AWESOME

LOL, I never knew such a person existed that liked Fable III more than the first two.

Population: 1

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score

If you can afford a $60 game, you can afford cheap coasters brah.

LOL, I never knew such a person existed that liked Fable III more than the first two.

Population: 1

I like Fable III more, I admit it. But that's because of the quality of the game mechanics and customization, not quantity...unfortunately for the latter. If they just kept a lot of things, this would've been a top-notch game.

Population: 2(?)

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
If you can afford a $60 game, you can afford cheap coasters brah.

I like Fable III more, I admit it. But that's because of the quality of the game mechanics and customization, not quantity...unfortunately for the latter. If they just kept a lot of things, this would've been a top-notch game.

Population: 2(?)
True, I loved all of the first fable. It's kind of hard to part with the big span of having everything there, then stripped out.
Still a great game none the less, but the change unfortunately for me, wasnt for the better. I never liked how game developers
could never follow the simple, ''if it aint broken dont fix it'' rule. Guess its more of a wanting to try new things approach.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. They shouldn't have taken out content in the first place. However, I'll give them props for trying out new things and mechanics---at least they're not shelving out the same thing in each installment. You gotta admit that the weapon morphing was pretty badass.

They should start expanding the game into something more universal, like an mmorpg or something. This way they'd have to put out more weapons, items, quests, etc and have no problem with a space issue if it's on servers. People are already trading with each other and going into each others games in twos. Why not invite the whole world into one Albion? Blah, then it'd ruin the whole 'singular' hero mythos, but I'm just brainstorming here. :p

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. They shouldn't have taken out content in the first place. However, I'll give them props for trying out new things and mechanics---at least they're not shelving out the same thing in each installment. You gotta admit that the weapon morphing was pretty badass.

They should start expanding the game into something more universal, like an mmorpg or something. This way they'd have to put out more weapons, items, quests, etc and have no problem with a space issue if it's on servers. People are already trading with each other and going into each others games in twos. Why not invite the whole world into one Albion? Blah, then it'd ruin the whole 'singular' hero mythos, but I'm just brainstorming here. :p

That's like the first thing I said when I signed up here on the Fable 4 section.
Also they need to straighten that section up, its hard to tell whats new and old.
I made a post, and it was like many pages back.

And yeah the weapon morphing was badass! My main grudge about Fable 3 is the fact
that the deed system is pretty much planned out. All you can get now is dark circles around
the eyes. That's not fun at all, and the horns only show when you flourish/charge, and my game
is bugged so it barely even shows. =\

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Then I'm not the only one itching for an mmo? Sweeeet.

I was disappointed by getting the extreme morph near the very end of the main story. It's cool going against the Crawler with wings and all, but I would've loved to try it out earlier and see what all the fuss was about. And the odds of showing off your wings to villagers via expressions are very low. Just recently I accidentally showed off my extreme morph to some hobo down in Industrial. Not quite the impact I was expecting...the guy only kept asking for money. >_>

killasweet

Reaction score
No Jamie S. Rain it doesn't make you look cool when you type like that, at all. Did you read my post at all or you just trying to be smart-ass? Being cool was not my intentions. I was simply stating my own opinion. Great game? It could have been if they would just leave things alone. It also wasn't my intentions to buy this game for it to be a coaster Lydia777, and i know coasters can be cheap, but this game was on its way of being a coaster when my character did a pat-a-cake, lmao wow what a joke this game has become, brah.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
It also wasn't my intentions to buy this game for it to be a coaster Lydia777, and i know coasters can be cheap, but this game was on its way of being a coaster when my character did a pat-a-cake, lmao wow what a joke this game has become, brah.

It was a joke, dude. Chill.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Then I'm not the only one itching for an mmo? Sweeeet.

I was disappointed by getting the extreme morph near the very end of the main story. It's cool going against the Crawler with wings and all, but I would've loved to try it out earlier and see what all the fuss was about. And the odds of showing off your wings to villagers via expressions are very low. Just recently I accidentally showed off my extreme morph to some hobo down in Industrial. Not quite the impact I was expecting...the guy only kept asking for money. >_>

Definitely, who knows they just might do it. And yeah the final morph was way too late, you know when
you do the scare expression, I don't even get a response from most people. I'm like a dark horned demon
with blood soaking wings, and all I get... well, yeah *insert a lame response.*

Usually I after I do an expression, I would kill the NPC, and accidently press Y while trying
to pull out my gun. I end up doing it too soon... and yeah. Pelvic thrust.. =\

Too many problems, but still. Hoping for a miracle.

killasweet

Reaction score
I'm just taking this very seriously because the Fable series i played and loved has become this pathetic guinea pig of a game. I support change, but they went overboard. Now if this was a beta Fable 3 and they was working bugs out i would consider hope for it. But to release it like this as a full game,argh i just cant believe it really.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I'm just taking this very seriously because the Fable series i played and loved has become this pathetic guinea pig of a game. I support change, but they went overboard. Now if this was a beta Fable 3 and they was working bugs out i would consider hope for it. But to release it like this as a full game,argh i just cant believe it really.

Yeah it happens, I really don't get it though. All you can do is suck it up and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.