• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III SIgh (Spoiler alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

killasweet

Reaction score
Very true we cant do a thing about it but state our opinions which for me it becomes personal because i want the Fable series to be epic. But for this go around we gave them money to become beta testers.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
Population: 2(?)
Population: 2.5

Fable 3 was way better than Fable 1. But Fable 2 is my favorite.

Love your siggy, btw.

I'm just taking this very seriously because the Fable series i played and loved has become this pathetic guinea pig of a game. I support change, but they went overboard. Now if this was a beta Fable 3 and they was working bugs out i would consider hope for it. But to release it like this as a full game,argh i just cant believe it really.

You are taking a form of entertainment that seriously? o_O It's a game. xD

Fable 3 is really a 'to each their own' game too. You either liked it, or didn't. It wasn't a disappointment, it was a step in the right direction. Cause, in my option, Fable 1 sucked and was very generic.

I already payed $60.00 for the game why should i have to pay extra for a wanted item?
I bought two Fable games (one for me and one for my sister) for the price that you payed on ebay. It came with most of the downloadable content and Underwalt was $5 dollars.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Population: 2.5

Fable 3 was way better than Fable 1. But Fable 2 is my favorite.

Love your siggy, btw.

You are taking a form of entertainment that seriously? o_O It's a game. xD

Fable 3 is really a 'to each their own' game too. You either liked it, or didn't. It wasn't a disappointment, it was a step in the right direction. Cause, in my option, Fable 1 sucked and was very generic.

I bought two Fable games (one for me and one for my sister) for the price that you payed on ebay. It came with most of the downloadable content and Underwalt was $5 dollars.

Yeah you can take it seriously if your paying that kind of money for it. When creating a franchise, or game, testing is a major part of creation. The players opinions matter the most, and everything usually revolves around that unless the developer/lead has a strong opinion otherwise. In my opinion, Fable 1 was the first of its kind to show physical/visual deformation upon choices made real time with negative and positive influences. If you felt that Fable 1 sucked, I have no idea why you managed to buy a copy of their next coming game and expect big change, but in this case I suppose you lucked out. No one asked for anything to be removed, or to be changed dramatically, it was their own personal choice. However, it was one that the major fans of Lion Heads, Fable franchise really loved. In comparison, its like adding health bars to Black Ops, or removing regenerating shields from the Halo series. They might be subtle changes, but there are things that players loved, and you can't expect the original players to not be ****ed off. Type in 'why fable' in google and see what comes down in the drop menu.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you found entertainment in Fable III, however for some of us original players
starting from Fable TLC, are really disappointed to see the game being stripped down to bare essentials, and the
deed system down to being only a linear storyline function. All you can get now is dark circles around the eyes
until you complete the main story. Fable TLC had so much to offer in the deed system, and well, they took it all away for this 'clean and simple' crap.

I apologize for writing so much, but it really irritates me when someone who didn't even like Fable TLC say's Fable III is the best in the series. (might be taken out of context, but I don't want to re-read at the moment.)

razedirish

Reaction score
I have been a loyal Fable fan for years an honestly they just lost me with this one... What a bunch of crap! I refuse to donate another $60 for a couple more costumes and a new map! I also can't understand that when you make a new game it is supposed to stomp on it's predecessors, which this game did not even come close to doing. I beat the game in 2 days without trying now all I have left is chasing around a bunch of gnomes. OHH SOOO MUCH FUNNN! BOOO to you Fable. You will now collect dust on my shelf

killasweet

Reaction score
Fable TLC was awesome and when i played Fable 2 i thought this is almost perfect. The weapons and spells had so many options you could play with. I spent a lot of time just messing around with the augments trying to find that ultimate matchup for all my weapons. The time control spell is awesome warping behind the enemies and catching the them off guard. The sub targeting for the guns and getting those last second head shots is sweet. I found myself forgetting what mission i was on and was just exploring the maps for enemies to fight.

With Fable 3 that's all gone and like Jamie said its now clean and simple. WAY to simple. I like it to be complicated, that's what makes it fun! I beat Fable 3 with my melee on level 5, magic level 4, ranged level was on 3, and it was still to easy. I never did do any power-ups on my legendary weapons, i thought kicking chickens was a little boring, or whatever you had to do. I dunno i lost interest and quit caring. They must have been doing a lot of drugs, dancing, having gay orgies and playing pat-a-cake when they made this game.

AcireJumi

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you found entertainment in Fable III, however for some of us original players
starting from Fable TLC, are really disappointed to see the game being stripped down to bare essentials, and the
deed system down to being only a linear storyline function. All you can get now is dark circles around the eyes
until you complete the main story. Fable TLC had so much to offer in the deed system, and well, they took it all away for this 'clean and simple' crap.

I apologize for writing so much, but it really irritates me when someone who didn't even like Fable TLC say's Fable III is the best in the series. (might be taken out of context, but I don't want to re-read at the moment.)
1) I played Fable and Fable TLC when it came out. o_O I didn't like it. Nothing wrong with that.
2) I did not say Fable 3 was the best in the series. I said Fable 2 was.
3) Like I say all the time, it's a 'to each their own' game. If you loved Fable TLC, claps for you. If you hated it, claps for you. If you thought Fable 3 was amazing, claps for you. If you thought it was the ban of your existence, claps for you. xD I'm not going to sit here and argue what game is better (Cause honestly, I have weird taste in games to begin with).
4) Re-read everything a few times because it will help you in the future. o_o (not trying to be mean. Just advice. xD I got completely screwed over in a job because I didn't bother rereading the print to understand everything. Ended up having to be customer service without the pay or tital. e-o

I wasn't trying to pick a fight or anything. But please don't assume you know what I've played or what kind of gamer I am. I am an original fable player, but obviously we both have different taste in games. Maybe saying it sucked wasn't the right way I could of worded. xD

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Oh so many new people!
I agree with most of the things you noted (althought STDs were here since II).
My problem is not with the mechanics, but with the lore. Fable has been characterized by it's rich lore, but, by taking out most of the written menus, they also took out READING books, reading funky descriptions for items, the stories that each house you could buy had. They took out the fabley feel out of Fable. Another thing that really upset me was how pointless where most of the regions (Silverpines and Driftwood had about 3 quests each, while Sunset House had 1), I mean, they're OPTIONAL!!! You see regions in F and FII and you had to actually travel to each region to advance through the storyline.
I'll write more later, I've grown stressed...

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
1) I played Fable and Fable TLC when it came out. o_O I didn't like it. Nothing wrong with that.
2) I did not say Fable 3 was the best in the series. I said Fable 2 was.
3) Like I say all the time, it's a 'to each their own' game. If you loved Fable TLC, claps for you. If you hated it, claps for you. If you thought Fable 3 was amazing, claps for you. If you thought it was the ban of your existence, claps for you. xD I'm not going to sit here and argue what game is better (Cause honestly, I have weird taste in games to begin with).
4) Re-read everything a few times because it will help you in the future. o_o (not trying to be mean. Just advice. xD I got completely screwed over in a job because I didn't bother rereading the print to understand everything. Ended up having to be customer service without the pay or tital. e-o

I wasn't trying to pick a fight or anything. But please don't assume you know what I've played or what kind of gamer I am. I am an original fable player, but obviously we both have different taste in games. Maybe saying it sucked wasn't the right way I could of worded. xD

That's alot of claps. Anyways, I never said what games you played or what kind of gamer you are.(side note: Were you in Advertisement in the job thing?) You took the entire thing way too offensively, if you noticed what I wrote I mentioned
that I was glad you found happiness in Fable 3 (or Fable II), nothing wrong with that. I should however been more clear with the 'original' players, I should have added the word fans to the end of it. And trust me, I love the wierdest of games too. I don't really get the 'ban' of existence thing. That's about all I can cover right about now as my fiance is coming home and I want to do a few things
before dinner. Honestly, I would of appreciated someone who would point out flaws in a game, rather than just saying it flat out sucked. But you already mentioned something about that, and even so we are entitled our opinions and our own way to express them. I'm curious, I would like to know why you think Fable TLC is generic, and why in comparison to Fable III; is not the 'winner' of entertainment. (without the use of time span in technology: ex. Graphics.)

AcireJumi

Reaction score
That's alot of claps. Anyways, I never said what games you played or what kind of gamer you are.(side note: Were you in Advertisement in the job thing?) You took the entire thing way too offensively, if you noticed what I wrote I mentioned
that I was glad you found happiness in Fable 3 (or Fable II), nothing wrong with that. I should however been more clear with the 'original' players, I should have added the word fans to the end of it. And trust me, I love the wierdest of games too. I don't really get the 'ban' of existence thing. That's about all I can cover right about now as my fiance is coming home and I want to do a few things
before dinner. Honestly, I would of appreciated someone who would point out flaws in a game, rather than just saying it flat out sucked. But you already mentioned something about that, and even so we are entitled our opinions and our own way to express them. I'm curious, I would like to know why you think Fable TLC is generic, and why in comparison to Fable III; is not the 'winner' of entertainment. (without the use of time span in technology: ex. Graphics.)
Haha. xD I probably did. I've had a long and rather hellish day. Excuse my behavior. Actually, it was customer service. They told me I would only be there during the holidays and made me sign the new form... but the form said I'd pretty much be there until I quit. And I wouldn't get the pay or the title.

I'm also a bit of a dramatic writer. Gotta find a way to keep the kiddos entertained.

I dunno why I didn't like it, honestly. I just didn't. There is always that one game someone swears up and down that it's amazing and you pretty much say 'meh'. I can't really point out what made me dislike it. o_o I just... didn't like it. xD If I decide to fully try to find why, I might have to re-play it again...

Fable 3 wasn't a winner or a loser. Just in between. There were points I loved, and points I didn't. I ranted about things I hated about it, and I ranted about things I loved about it.

Fable 2 was really interesting because of the character swaps and the story was kinda new (cause shotting children is generally a biiiig no no). Rarely do you get the female being the strong one. Or a complete dick that just double crosses you pretty much for the hell of it. (I could gush all day but I'm easily bored xD)

And I am very happy that you like Final Fantasy 10-2 because I can't find aaaaanyone who does. D: Or 8 for that matter (most of them say they haven't even played it. e-o)

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Haha. xD I probably did. I've had a long and rather hellish day. Excuse my behavior. Actually, it was customer service. They told me I would only be there during the holidays and made me sign the new form... but the form said I'd pretty much be there until I quit. And I wouldn't get the pay or the title.

I'm also a bit of a dramatic writer. Gotta find a way to keep the kiddos entertained.

I dunno why I didn't like it, honestly. I just didn't. There is always that one game someone swears up and down that it's amazing and you pretty much say 'meh'. I can't really point out what made me dislike it. o_o I just... didn't like it. xD If I decide to fully try to find why, I might have to re-play it again...

Fable 3 wasn't a winner or a loser. Just in between. There were points I loved, and points I didn't. I ranted about things I hated about it, and I ranted about things I loved about it.

Fable 2 was really interesting because of the character swaps and the story was kinda new (cause shotting children is generally a biiiig no no). Rarely do you get the female being the strong one. Or a complete dick that just double crosses you pretty much for the hell of it. (I could gush all day but I'm easily bored xD)

And I am very happy that you like Final Fantasy 10-2 because I can't find aaaaanyone who does. D: Or 8 for that matter (most of them say they haven't even played it. e-o)
I love most of them, but 10-2 is probably my favorite. I had a PS2 a couple months ago but someone broke it, leaving me
Yuna-less. I was trying to calibrate the towers in the thunder planes for ages.. Most people don't like it because of the all reading regarding the earlier final fantasies. Yeah guys don't usually like the all female cast with a real feminine/comedy sense of aggression and humor, I oddly liked it. Berserker w/all skills dominates all. When you figure that out, the battle system
just gets boring. lol

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you found entertainment in Fable III, however for some of us original players starting from Fable TLC, are really disappointed to see the game being stripped down to bare essentials, and the
deed system down to being only a linear storyline function.

Balls. I've been playing Fable since the beginning. Hell, even before the TLC. I've got the entire mythos memorized from A-Z, know the game mechanics, features and then some.

I liked the linear storyline in Fable 3 for obvious reasons. The end game was always to be king and sidetracking to become a hermit isn't such a grand adventure for me. However, the sidequests more than make up for deterring and it's less busywork and more entertaining.

They reshuffled the magic system and tried to organize it from the clutter in the original game. They did it with 2 and they did it even more with 3. I'd rather use potions for slowing time and raising minions than have it cluttering up my armory. Why? Not many players fully utilized the magic system, opting for more swordplay and firearms. I'm guessing that this is their way of trying to balance the fighting mechanics. The spellweaving is freaking badass btw.

The expression aspect leave much to be desired, but I never really cared for the expression wheel anyways in the previous games. I spent my time adventuring, not schmoozing up the local milkmaid. But, this is probably to each their own, so I won't elaborate too much on that.

Probably the core element as to why I like 3 more is the emotional linkage you have with characters. Walter was probably the cornerstone of that all. I've never felt so depressed at the end of the main story. The characters are more personal and realistic, their backstories are fully rendered and it makes me do want to fight to become the monarch of Albion just so these people I met can hope to bring their promises to light. Now that's a full emotional immerse in the game.

Of course, I do have a long list of cons to the game, but I've already mentioned it somewhere on the boards. So, here's yer pro argument. :p

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Balls. I've been playing Fable since the beginning. Hell, even before the TLC. I've got the entire mythos memorized from A-Z, know the game mechanics, features and then some.

I liked the linear storyline in Fable 3 for obvious reasons. The end game was always to be king and sidetracking to become a hermit isn't such a grand adventure for me. However, the sidequests more than make up for deterring and it's less busywork and more entertaining.

They reshuffled the magic system and tried to organize it from the clutter in the original game. They did it with 2 and they did it even more with 3. I'd rather use potions for slowing time and raising minions than have it cluttering up my armory. Why? Not many players fully utilized the magic system, opting for more swordplay and firearms. I'm guessing that this is their way of trying to balance the fighting mechanics. The spellweaving is freaking badass btw.

The expression aspect leave much to be desired, but I never really cared for the expression wheel anyways in the previous games. I spent my time adventuring, not schmoozing up the local milkmaid. But, this is probably to each their own, so I won't elaborate too much on that.

Probably the core element as to why I like 3 more is the emotional linkage you have with characters. Walter was probably the cornerstone of that all. I've never felt so depressed at the end of the main story. The characters are more personal and realistic, their backstories are fully rendered and it makes me do want to fight to become the monarch of Albion just so these people I met can hope to bring their promises to light. Now that's a full emotional immerse in the game.

Of course, I do have a long list of cons to the game, but I've already mentioned it somewhere on the boards. So, here's yer pro argument. :p

I don't argue the plot of the storyline, to be a king, thats cool definitely. But the fact that I HAD to make promises, and got treated
like the greatest revolutionary even if you are evil as hell itself. The only things that had a taste of choice were some of the side quests, and when you finally became king. I think it would have been better to at least have a sideline of being on the dark side of things rather than having to choose the route of a hero regardless of how evil you want to be. As for opting more swordplay, its always been pressing a button to swing. I don't see how that opted more. As for the spellweaving, hell yes that was awesome!!!! :D
I also agree with the potion thing, I love the shortcuts they used for it, but I would at least want to edit the shortcuts to them.
I never spent too much time with the expressions, but when I did I felt like a moron sometimes. You try explaining to your fiance
as to why your farting into someones face. *awkward moment.*

Hmm. Emotional attachment..
I don't think I felt emotional attachment since Final Fantasy. I think of Fable as a fun silly, and a cute story
to be king of your land type thing. I never thought about taking it seriously. However in the storyline I did find myself
loving certain points. When I beat the storyline I just put down the controller and got on with whatever I was going to do.
Not because of it wasnt great, but the fact that I didnt really spend much time getting too attached to it. I think I read that con list,
I think I posted on it, or on some other thread. Or was it about a mmorpg? Hmm. =\

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Oh so many new people!
My problem is not with the mechanics, but with the lore. Fable has been characterized by it's rich lore, but, by taking out most of the written menus, they also took out READING books, reading funky descriptions for items, the stories that each house you could buy had. They took out the fabley feel out of Fable. Another thing that really upset me was how pointless where most of the regions (Silverpines and Driftwood had about 3 quests each, while Sunset House had 1), I mean, they're OPTIONAL!!! You see regions in F and FII and you had to actually travel to each region to advance through the storyline.
Continued.
Customization. Boy were do I start, they threw everything away here, we have what, like 30 outfits tops? Not to mention each is compromised of 5 pieces tops (some don't have a hat, etc.) which, in turn, can barely be recolored, often leaving more than 50% the original color. Hairstyles? Few and horrid! Beards and Moustaches were combined this time, WHY? Tattoos are tolerable. make up looks the same, etc.
Weapons... well here's a good idea that was terribly executed, your weapons are supposed to be part of you, morph with you, but instead they just get choosen from a random pool of things you've done. Not to mention everyone that plays "normally" gets almost the same weapon every time. Anyhow Legendary weapons are not legendary anymore etcetera, etcetera.

killasweet

Reaction score
Oh so many new people!

Lol agreed

I love the clutter. Ram 20 spells in my armory and ill use um all! Raise the dead spell would be ok for a potion, but the time spell should not be by any means. Since they did make it a potion, they could of kept the slow time down part of it the potion and the made the warping part of it into another spell. And since you have magic spells in each hand, if you equipped the warp spell with say the flame spell, when you dashed through the enemy they would burst into flames, that would be sweet!

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Sigh... I can't stand Fable 3 personally, I loved Fable TLC to the point where I've completed it around 10 times (I'm not exaggerating), but then Fable 2 was a game killer for me, since the storyline was so linear and orientated to good players (I felt like an evil warlord helping a cat out of a tree, simply because the game told me to) and the only thing that saved Fable 2 in my eyes between the insulting lack of difficulty and the fact that it had no replayability was its epic customization and character morphing. So I played through Fable 2 only 3 or 4 times and looked forward to Fable 3, where we were promised the ability to control 'extreme morphing,' limitless weapon possabilities and a unique look for every character. So, we get around about maybe 6 or 7 possabilities per part for weapons and can only evolve them after certain points, and we have to evolve them because if we don't we'll look like noobs even though we wont ever need these weapons since magic can kill 7 enemies at once and swords take several hits to kill one, and can be blocked. Seriously, one of the first things I thought about Fable TLC when I got it was that it was incredibly balanced; no matter how I chose to play, I couldn't decide on which was the best. And the spells! I'd never seen so many decent spells in one game, usually you get 3 or 4 decent spells and maybe 5 or so more spells that you're never going to use, but the Fable team must have spent hours testing these because all of them were actually worth trying out!
Then came Fable 2, bragging more choices, better gameplay! Turned out they'd changed flourishing, a system that worked perfectly and completely balanced sword fighting that was totally unique to Fable, into simple charged attacks. This made them much less worth using and got rid of a lot of the tactics once used in Fable and turned the game into simple button mashing. But hey, now you can use spells more freely with magic being free to use! They'd also gotten rid of every spell that I'd ever loved and made it so that there were instead a handful of spells that you'd never use, and one or two overpowered spells that you'll just end up spamming throughout the game. Sound familiar?
Then came the final insult in Fable 3, when they abolished almost every decent looking weapon, removed nearly every item of clothing leaving you with just a handfull of outfits that you'd look silly mix&matching for the most part, and, worst of all, changed character morphing to the point of hardly being able to notice it. I know that a lot of people were complaining about how they didn't like it, but it's what set the whole damn series apart from other games! At first I accepted it; they said that you'd be able to reveal your 'true form' after becoming ruler of Albion through extreme morphing, so I became king. Nothing happened. I made my decisions. Nothing happened. But look, Theresa's taken me to the road to rule, and at last! I've morphed!
For three seconds! So, as it turns out, extreme morphing lasts 5 seconds maximum between spellcasting and flourishing, and you can use it as an expression. And even after having learned of its being an expression, it took me the best part of 10 minutes to use it! Is it actually possible to cycle through expressions without breaking conversation?
Oh, and the lack of menus is unbearable! It made the game so awkward at the start; I wasn't sure how I was supposed to sell anything, I couldn't see what I was buying properly half of the time until I highlighted it, and it severely limits what a shop can sell. All in all it pretty much doubled the time it took to do a simple action, even after I learned how it all worked! You want to change your hairstyle? Go to the sanctuary, go to the style room and find the hairstyle you want. Between loading times, running up and down rows of styles and finding the hair you want, it takes at least two thirds more time than simply opening a convenient menu and finding it there, plus Jasper wont make repetitive comments in a proper pause menu. So, Fable TLC earned my love and respect, Fable 2 lost my love but kept my respect, and Fable 3 got resold.

caladan

Reaction score
I for one actually enjoyed the "Sanctuary" system for the most part. Remembering back to the cluttered menus of fable and fable 2, it really didn't take much more time to select clothes, weapons, etc. I did miss being able to see what items I had in my inventory without having to go to the pawnbroker. I applaud lionhead for the effort at a menuless system. It was implemented better than I thought it would be.
To be honest, my biggest disappointment with Fable 3 was the gold doors. I mean you get a highwayman outfit? Or Guild Seals? I can get those anytime I want in the game. If your going to have 4 unique doors, at least have some unique stuff behind it. I mean give me a pair of ballerina shoes for gods sake even! (I mean an awesome legendary weapon would be better, but I really don't care as long as you can't get it anywhere else)
Overall it was an ok game. I actually felt like a jerk for being evil in this game, so I gotta give them credit for that. It was not the step up from Fable 2 like it should have been though.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
So, Fable TLC earned my love and respect, Fable 2 lost my love but kept my respect, and Fable 3 got resold.

I feel your pain. I enjoyed TLC a lot, Fable 2 somewhat, but Fable 3... The day I got it I went into a gaming binge and realized 10 hours later that I was bored out of my skull. TLC had flavour, charm and just enough silliness to keep me entertained. Fable 3 went way overboard with the humor, to the point that it felt rammed down our throats.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
I rather like Fable 3 myself, and I've been playing the series since TLC as well. I do have some issues with it, the main ones being a ridiculously overpowered magic system, the touch system* and the polarized morals in the second part of the game, but it really started to grow on me when I looked past its flaws on my second playthrough. I think that to fully enjoy Fable 3, and possibly the Fable series by extension, you have to make your own fun.

*I don't see why they couldn't have dynamic touch AND the classic expression wheel.

fable geek

Reaction score
What bugs me about fable 3 is most of the achievements are co-op , NO FAIR,:mad:

Bluedrake

Reaction score
What bugs me about fable 3 is most of the achievements are co-op , NO FAIR,:mad:

That isn't really acurate. There are 50 achievements and only 5 of them involve co-op (Victim of Fashion, Online Merger, Long Distance Relationship, Cross Dimensional Conception and We Need Guns, Lots of Guns)

Status
Not open for further replies.