• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III: Weapon Morphing and It's "Seeds" to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Re: Fable III: Weapon Morphing and It's "Seeds" to do so

I was going to explain myself, but my phone decided to delete the post, but what I will say I am updating the OP tonight based on EVERYONE'S opinion

Lynne

Reaction score

I swear, are you people channeling GrimWhim in his honor or what? Why does everyone have to be so damn ****ty about things?

Lynne

Reaction score

Stranger;436569 said:
I don't think it's rude for me to correct someone, nor is it rude to not want my name on incorrect information. The reason I'm upset is because he doesn't know what he's talking about, and my name is on that segment of his post. I don't want people thinking I don't know what I'm talking about, so I don't think it's much to ask to have my name taken off the post.

Read the posts first, see that I tried to show him what I'm talking about, then go back and look at what he's talking about. Then, if you still have words to say, you can throw them in a PM or you can nag at forum staff. Either one would be more productive.

It's not what you wanted that bothers me. It's the way you came off that bothers me. Even if he is stupid and silly and a peon with awful information and bad hair, he's still a person who deserves to be talked to with respect. Maybe he just didn't understand you fully. We don't really need to make other people feel stupid just because we can. Things can be nicely explained. That's just my feeling on things. I think these forums are awful negative lately.

I wanted to add that I know your first post wasn't rude, but having to explain something twice doesn't make it right to be insulting to other members, especially newer ones. Everyone will get scared away. :(

Lynne

Reaction score

Stranger;436574 said:
Is it wrong to say he doesn't know what he's talking about if he doesn't know what he's talking about? What polite, nice or politically correct terminology would you use to say that?

I tried to explain. I first gave him a link to an article that I hoped he would read and learn from. I tried the definition approach, I tried the logical deduction approach, I made examples with pictures. I tried to help him in any way short of sitting him in a desk facing me in front of my whiteboard covered with simple diagrams. He still doesn't get it, so I give up and I just want my name off of the post, which is fair.

Understandable, totally. I just think with all the hate in the world, especially lately, it pays to be nice.

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score

Robmokron;436149 said:
Stop trying to POOP on peoples days

awwwww.... *pulls up pants* ok....

RogueWarrior

Reaction score

yep Stranger is a *****

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Lynne;436571 said:
It's not what you wanted that bothers me. It's the way you came off that bothers me. Even if he is stupid and silly and a peon with awful information and bad hair, he's still a person who deserves to be talked to with respect. Maybe he just didn't understand you fully. We don't really need to make other people feel stupid just because we can. Things can be nicely explained. That's just my feeling on things. I think these forums are awful negative lately.

I wanted to add that I know your first post wasn't rude, but having to explain something twice doesn't make it right to be insulting to other members, especially newer ones. Everyone will get scared away. :(

I have bad hair =(

fact is, I DO know what im talking about, thing is, no one knows how the morphin will exactly work, so if Stranger wants me to provide PROOF that HIS Seed Theory is correct, well then all means

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

How do the triggers effect it then, like killing ballerinas only or swing it fast.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

God this argument is not important, granted it is about something detailed, but people don't care about the "seed"s function rather its effect on the weapon. more than likely the seed is going to change depending on the gamer-score so it isn't going to matter unless you stop going for achievements.

Reaction score

Alright, this keeps upsetting me. You clearly have no idea what they're talking about when they say 'seed'. Don't worry, I have pictures and examples. So I put a tree in a 3D scene using 3DS Max. It comes with a specific seed. If I change the seed, the entire tree changes. It determines the 'morphing' of the tree as it changes, for example by growing, telling the tree where the branches and leaves and everything else is going to be. Here I have three renders of the same tree, each showing the tree with a different seed.
tpuw7.png

A3glb.png

1zCH2.png
If they all look the same it's because you can't look at them all at the same time... or can you?
IshLP.png
And so, with different seeds you effectively have different trees. This is how the morphing will work. The seed will tell the game how to morph the weapon. Since everyone is supposed to have a different seed, then everyone will have a different weapon, much like how I have a different tree for each different seed. Understand? No? Too bad. In any case, take down what you're saying about the seed, because it's wrong and it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about... actually, you don't, which pretty much proves my case.

^^^^What tha **** is this?^^^
thats a bad example for wut your tryin to say

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Well, you do stuff, your weapon changes, isn't that what should matter?

Reaction score
Watch your language. And it's a perfect example because it uses random seeds, just like the weapons will.

1st. off dont tell me to watch my language?

2nd. of all as for the seeds
the morphing system is not like u are thinking

say u kill skeletons
its going to be made of bone of some sort
or kill innocents it will turn darker and drip in blood

if u swing heavy attacks then it will become longer and wider from blocking

and along all this changing it will go threw all these forms
there is like 12,000 different possibilites
so i think its going to be ok

u get wut im saying
it has nothing to do with seeds
cuz if it did then that would mean it was a set thing
which it isnt
so there u go

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
im not trying to antagonize you, and i get what tyour saying completely, but where or when did anyone say that its using the random seed, All i've heard its based on choice and gamerscore.

and since everyone will make different choices and gamerscores, thats how its unique

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
where does it say that you "GAMERSCORE will Act as THE RANDOM SEED"

i;ver asked a million times buddy :p

Reaction score
Is that a question? Rules, read them.I get what you're saying, but you're not getting what I'm saying. What you're talking about are flags. The information on how the flags work is fine. Yes, I know perfectly well that the weapon will morph depending on how you use it. Here's what you're not getting, not all of the weapons will morph exactly the same way. The purpose of the random seed is to randomize this morphing a bit, to the extent that each weapon is unique. It is this information that is incorrect in the first post, and that is what I wanted to correct. You can keep pushing this line of discussion but it will only give me more and more reason to suspect that you two are unteachable as I've already done everything I can to try to explain it.The gamerscore is the random seed. They're using the gamerscore as the random seed. Technically, as I've already shown in another thread, they're only using Fable 3 achievements, but still. THAT's the random seed.

ok so,
i see what your saying about the seeds
but i dont think its true

in place of wut your saying, the seeds are not needed, the random idea is everybody in the world playing,will do someething totally different,as in during battle, thats how they will do it

now do u get wut im sayin?
and as for the cussing
its one word were no little kid is even goin to read cuz they wouldnt understand what were talkin about on this thread
and i kno the rulles

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
guys, this isn't about the rules, its about morphing, Stay on Topic PLz =)

Reaction score
where does it say that you "GAMERSCORE will Act as THE RANDOM SEED"

i;ver asked a million times buddy :p

how will the gamerscore affect? like if it did then how would it
if it is how high yours is then i think i will be ok
about 50,000 points

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
how will the gamerscore affect? like if it did then how would it
if it is how high yours is then i think i will be ok
about 50,000 points

no its only Fable III Gamerscore, also higher doesn't mean better, just different

Status
Not open for further replies.