• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Argentum

Fable III

Hopefully in FableIII In online Co-Op you'll get to be your own heros. Any other cool ideas for FableIII are welcome!

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Re: Fable III

Good god, how many more Fable III threads do we need?

Don't speculate about something until it had been announced, please.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Hmm there are already various Fable 3 threads out there, just post in them or we will overflow the entire forum with speculations about Fable 3, which wont come out in another 3-?? years :O

B

Blade Mr.DK

But theres different ideas for Fable three, so as not to confuse people, put each idea into diffent forums

B

Blade Mr.DK

Argentum;263393 said:
Hopefully in FableIII In online Co-Op you'll get to be your own heros. Any other cool ideas for FableIII are welcome!
do u mean create ur own character? coz tht'll be so awsome if u could do tht.:D

Twilight

Reaction score

Blade Mr.DK;263455 said:
But theres different ideas for Fable three, so as not to confuse people, put each idea into diffent forums

lmao We would have over 3,000 Fable III topics then

B

Blade Mr.DK

well i dnt mean 1 idea 2 1 forum (even tho thts what i sed...uh oh)

Reaction score

A survival mode.

*Tuns on god mode and 1 hit kill*

That would own.

L

Lunamoon

Argentum;263393 said:

Oh god that soooooooo annoyed me and wtf is up with 'evil male' ?!?!

I dont like being any of them its so embarassing .

mystic_wolf83

The Chosen One
Reaction score

Well for Fable III here some ideas I think would be great to add. Please note these are just opinions and not something to be torn apart like balverines ;) :

1.) Choices have more impact depending on... Gender, Age, Morality, Intentions, Family, Location.

More impacts from choices really sticks it to the famous quote: "For every action a consequence." Fable and Fable II didn't really apply that too much other than the way people react to you and the outcome of which simulation you enter Bowerstone and Temple of Light. Something that really makes the player feel in the game and really think hard before making choices. Every quest would ultimately affect Albion in some way, side quest or main quest storylines. Unlike Fable, Fable II mostly had one side of a quest to do instead of (Protect Orchard Farm, Attack Orchard Farm) for example. Even with these choices something that would affect the economy say if you attacked a farm, and boosts economy if you saved stock in a farm. Protecting a village increases population and destroying supplies affects population which would affect quests in the future. Even simpler effects would be having an older brother vs. older sister depending on gender chosen, changing the appearance of a town, creating/destroying a town; I mean who hasn't dreamed about rebuilding Oakvale or destroying Bloodstone simply by killing villagers or leading a caravan?

2.) Better Co-op = Better Game Play

Instead of choosing a henchman why not play as your own hero with your own statistics. More experienced players could help out lower experienced players, while others could play with others at "their own level" by viewing their Statistics or choosing which Orbs appear based on experienced, achievements, and gold earned for other players to find new friends that are similar in the way they game play. For that matter, why Orbs? Probably by the time Fable III comes out, it most likely will either be at the end of Xbox 360's life-span or on a third generation Xbox console. At this time let's expect new programs out to really increase game play and decrease the size ratio to play it as well as loading. Wouldn't it be interesting to watch other players run around while you're in your own Albion, even having an Albion to solo-play in and another Albion which is a huge server for all players to shape the outcome of a much larger scale Albion, creating Guilds and destroying towns while others come to rise.

3.) Storyline

This idea might be a bit out there, but weren't some mission in Fable and Fable II anyway? *thinks back to Blue Mushrooms and Fairfax Castle Quest*. Why not have Jack of Blades return, resurrected from the Temple of Shadows to rectify the world of it's "formal glory of darkness" seeing how Jack is considered immortal and not destroyed, only physically and with the mask destroyed it was after all, "only a shell to contain himself in." This would definitely take a lot of storyline to play out, which that's all the players want since Fable II main story was fairly short without side quests. Even a Great War of Albion would keep Hero's on their feet to protect the people of Albion or destroy them, going back to decisions and outcomes. It is mainly whatever you can imagine so it's all out there.

4.) More Customization and Freedom

Imagine, choosing what your companion will look like instead of a morality dyed dog. What your character looks like, think Oblivion character customization. This would allow each player to be unique in their own way to one another. Why play with someone who looks just like you give or take a shirt or pants? Moving your furniture and not just where the system already has it, or why not have any furniture at all? More room to party and less exploring! Being able to own your own shops and stock them with what you find on your journeys to make a 100% profit; making your own weapons to cherish with you from start to finish. Endless possibilities of so many things to do in Albion when being a Hero gets old and you beat the game and just take it back to your local Game Store, just keep playing with a never-ending story of being a shop-keeper, blacksmith, or a combat trainer.

5.) More!!!!! (Spells, Enemies, Characters, DOGS!!!, Weapons...)

Instead of upgrading spells to do more damage, how about combining them (makes a much more cinematic appearance), like a Slow Time Fire Ball!!! or a Chaos Shock? With over 8 spells you could have up to 64 combinations with upgrading damage and range as you increase you skills, limiting Hero's to only 32 combos would make people want to chose their choices wisely and decide damage/duration/range/impact on an enemy as well as casting time. Unlimited Will is nice as in Fable II, but making people make the most out of combat a limit would be nice instead of using shock 200 times on an enemy so they can't get anywhere near close to you isn't much of a challenge.
More enemies or at least a variety of enemies with different outfits, styles, weapons, and expressions such as Bandits in Snowspire would look different than Bandits from Bloodstone, for obvious reasons. Styles of fighting instead of, a flourish and two shocks kills this guy and oh, this kills that and so on. Every enemy is different than the last one you just fought making you, the player, having to constantly adapting to their fighting styles instead of them toward yours which was intended for Fable II (you attack, they block for example in Fable II.)
Ever look around in a town and wonder if you're in some episode of the Twilight Episode because everyone looks the same? You're probably not alone. A society of rich, middle class, and poor that is more obvious than looking at someone's statistics would be nice. Say you kicked out someone you were renting a house to which was middle class with fair clothes, and the next day they are wearing rags on their backs, but are you really that cruel?
Simply put, there needs to be more canines in upcoming Fables if the furry companion decides to be continued into Fable III. Choosing your dog from a pet store as a child (where you would create your dog), and keeping it as your pet until some twist in fate throws you into you path of greatness while you companion stays by your side. Also seeing other dogs in towns would be great where your dog and other dogs can hang out while you're getting *-faced in a pub.
Weapons can't just be something put in the game for us to use and say, this is the best weapon. No way, design your own weapons so it is a test of skill not a test of "whatcha got?" Perhaps even new weapons besides Pistols, Rifles, Crossbows, Swords as time itself moves on through Albion since Fable II.

6.) Albion, The Bigger Picture (A bigger Albion, 12-15 regions cannot contain our awesomeness.)

Whatever happened to: Snowspire, Necropolis, Bowergate Prison, Witchwood, Hook Coast, and some other loveable locations? A book doesn't quite cut it, I, myself want to see these locations with my own two eyes on my television and go, "Wow" or "Woah!" Bloodstone and Wriathmarsh were great and beat a book saying what happened to Oakvale any day. Instead of making bigger regions, why not make lots of fair-sized regions. Exploring the woods is great an all, but when there's no dig spots or chests off the beaten path it seems almost a waste of space, where as a nice pretty background would have sufficed. Knothole Island was nice, but could have been put in the game when it was released if unused space would have been replaced. The main idea though isn't use of space, it's more area to play with when you purchase the game.

7.) More Family Interaction/Character Interaction

When you want to have that mother/father bonding time you are usually constrained to Expressions which plain out sucks experience wise. I want to take my kid fishing (Whatever happened to fishing anyway?!?) or plant a garden or tree with them (Ah, back to the whole plant a tree and watch it grow debate. ;) ). These are small things but they have a big impact in Albion and the gamer itself. The whole idea is to put down the control (not because of long cut-scenes) but because of awe and amazement, and say, "Wow, look how far I have come."

Things In Fable and Fable II I Want to See in Fable III:

1.) Musical Score (Russel Shaw and Instrumental Music)

Fable and Fable II pretty much hit the punch on music. Enough to where I had to go out and find the soundtrack for both. Unfortunately the music list for Fable II was short but each song had uniqueness to it unlike Fable. The music of Fable seems to only be getting better as it goes on and hopefully it will in Fable III, nothing like those catchy tunes that get stuck in our heads for days and we can't stop humming it in the shower.

2.) From Start to Finish (The Whole Story of a Hero)

The whole start out as a child and ending the game with white hair is a great touch. As much as I would like to complain about continuing the game all old and such, the experience is phenomenal when the whole story is taken into scope. Other games where you play as a character who never ages doesn't have that feel of carelessness and wise to it as Fable/Fable II does. It's no wonder why it sells so many copies because the feel of the game spreads throughout the gaming community.

3.) Jobs and On-the-Side Stuff to Do

Thinking about jobs makes almost everyone cringe from Fable II, but they are in a way useless compared to the money glitch exposed in Fable II. The way it was made was not very clear and wasn't exactly something that needed to be accomplished; but the idea can use some tweaking to perfection. Like I said about Jobs becoming your unique specialty (forging your own blade, your own shop, ect.) the Hero can forge his path into destiny with jobs. People could say, "Wow there goes the most...most famous tailor! You're...you're a god of fashion." or whatever the job might be. Something that was once used to "Kill time until Theresa meets you." can be something that makes the rest of your time in Fable III an experience to remember.

4.) Voice Acting and Dialogue

Nothing quite beats running into a drunk that mixes up their words until they sound like Yoda preaching to you, "Hero you are, yes..hmm.." and the good ol' respect of the multitudes and fearful remarks of people, "Oh my god, you killed that person!" that makes people feel proud or awful about their choices in the game which is just what Fable is about; cause and effect, at least to a smaller scale among the people. The voices themselves give an excellent broad range of folks from Bowerstone to Bloodstone a rich and vibrant variety, something to look forward to in Fable III.

5.) Emotion and the Effects

Both Fables have moments where you just might choke up on holding a tear back to moments where you want to laugh out loud. Fable and Fable II give a colorful effect of up's and down's where other games skim over with a quick cut-screen or something to draw you away when you get really involved into something. There were moments where I hated my dog and that it always got in the way when I was fighting and when the ultimate choice came up...I had to chose Number #2, even though I would normally be the Knight in Shining Armor, I couldn't, that's how deep my feelings for that furry companion were as much as I cursed him out every 20 minutes.

6.) Downloadable Content or Lost Chapters?

It is almost unanimous that people enjoyed Knothole Island DLC versus the Fable: TLC because it was cheaper and easier to access on Xbox LIVE. Hopefully there will be some DLC's in Fable III. There is nothing more than having the game for what it is and all it is on a disc but extra levels where a disc could not go with the game make it richer and broader. Hopefully places outside of Albion can be explored in the future to see the whole world of this fantasy universe that we play in and not just the continent of Albion. Places that need Hero's but can't access them without them adventuring to in the first place. (Knothole Island's Big Freeze) for example was a great quest that welcomed everyone back to Albion and to a region unknown to be playable until a few weeks before the DLC was released. Also, more DLC's worth less points. Xbox only allows so many more achievement points with add-on content. If points replace how many are released, you get less people who want to milk the achievements and more who actually enjoy the game for what it's worth as well as getting more game for the worth it deserves.

7.) Continued Storyline of Fable II

It is on pretty much everyone’s mind about: What about Theresa and the Spire? That is a good question...what about it? Some way to answer and continue Fable II into Fable III unlike Fable was into Fable II would be great to not advance so far into the Fable universe that flying ships and lightsabers are the weapons of choice. To continue the game where it left off instead of ___ years later. Even if this isn't possible a book on what happened or something in the Tales of Albion would suffice even though it isn't the best that can be done.

This and much, much more hopefully in Fable III.

Please remember these are only ideas and not actual demands. :)

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

i like them. i am afraid of fable 3. if they keep going the way that they are we are going to end up with a mass effect remake. lol.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

mystic wolf83
almost everything you said is what i want in fable III really.

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

Archon'sRage;278164 said:
mystic wolf83
almost everything you said is what i want in fable III really.
I think it's what everyone wants!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Nice composition for a wishlist, mystic wolf83.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Town Customization
Being able to run as mayor of a town after progressing through the game and editing everything in a town. Make it into a haven paradise or a slum. Editing the town can effect the economy and residents in good or bad ways.

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;278877 said:
Town Customization
Being able to run as mayor of a town after progressing through the game and editing everything in a town. Make it into a haven paradise or a slum. Editing the town can effect the economy and residents in good or bad ways.
And be able to build houses and properties.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

fable freak 37;278884 said:
And be able to build houses and properties.

Yeah. Within a limit, of course. Otherwise i'd make Bloodstone take over the world. Mwhahahahaha!

H

Hexen_Harlot

The customization should be like Animal Crossing. You pay money into a town fund,a nd after a certain amount, get a few options of new features.

Status
Not open for further replies.