• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout 3 IGN Reviewed (9.6)

anain12

Reaction score
Re: Fallout 3 IGN Reviewed (9.6)

Tyloric;228526 said:
I want it. T_T But I has no monies.
Same here, i'm gonna save up for this game.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score
Re: Fallout 3 IGN Reviewed (9.6)

I really, really don't like the ending. And especially the epilogue is dissapointing. I'm okay with just being sent back to the main screen, though...

There wasn't really any sort of a build up to your "mighty" sacrifice. It's like...You deal with Autumn, and suddenly "Oh by the way, you'll kill yourself activating Project Purity. Someone sabotaged it!"...Wtf? I know that type of ending sounds clever to some people, and it certainly is emotional, but it's robbed me of any desire to play through the game again any time soon...I've just gone back to Fable 2, lol. There wasn't a build up, and it felt more like someone had literally thrown it in at the last minute because it would be really unexpected, which I know probably isn't what happened. Unexpected ending doesn't always mean a good ending...And the sabotage bit didn't make any sense. If the Enclave sabotaged it, they aren't all that bright. If your father sabotaged it, I guess he's insane and decided he wanted to see you in the after life sooner rather than later? It didn't feel "Omg that awesome and shocking!" It felt more like "Are these people that stupid?"

You want to know the worst part? I had Fawkes with me. He would have survived the radiation, why didn't we send him in? WTF! Did they really expect me to not bring Fawkes along? XP

And the epilogue...Man, that wasn't really a Fallout epilogue. It was just a minute of congratulating me on discovering the true meaning of sacrifice. And possibly Christmas. I get it, I'm playing a messianic figure. Waters of life and all that, yay.

But what happened to my allies? my enemies? The Brotherhood? Megaton? Tenpenny Towers? Et cetera? I realize we might find some mention in Fallout 4, but it was really dissapointing after the epilogues of the first two Fallouts.

Also, and I really, really hate to say this since I'm not usually like this as you've all seen with Fable 2, but Bethesda, seriously.......200 slight variations on a short speech (depending on your combination of good and evil and choices)and background photos isn't exactly the same as 200 endings.

And one side quest I thought was a really bad choice in terms of character death:

Why the hell would you kill off Harold and Bob? Harold's the reoccuring character, aside from Dogmeat. He's one of the things I look forward to in Fallout games, and now he's...Em...Not. You've sacrificed future appearances for a shocking plot twist. Shocking plot twists are fine...But they can have disatrous storytelling consequences.

At this point I kind of feel like I'm seeing a lot of endings that are loosely inspired by the Sopranos' random ending. That's fine for a few stories, but it's become so widespread that, well...It's not really all that interesting anymore. "Hey, I get it! It's a sudden unexpected ending that deprives us of a proper ending! That's so awesome aside from the fact that everyone's doing it now!"

EDIT!:

Turns out you CAN ask Fawkes to go in...But he politely declines, saying it's your destiny. Thanks Fawkes. I'm all for selfless sacrifice, but not, er...Nonsensical, easily avoided selfless sacrifice.