• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout 3 IGN Reviewed (9.6)

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score
Re: Fallout 3 IGN Reviewed (9.6)

Honestly? Fallout 3 will also be a great game, but the fanbase will blast it to hades and make even more than many Fable fans have blasted Fable 2. Trust me. I know them :p I love both for my part, but I find it impossible to talk about either one without someone telling me how much they suck.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Getting this game for sure, one of my most anticipated games of this year easily.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Wow. IGN really dug Fallout 3. I really can't believe it's as good as they say it is! I can't wait to play it now! My copy of Fallout 3 should *hopefully* arrive on this Friday (official UK release date) along with my new Xbox 360 Elite. Now I just need to hurry up and order that new 52" LCD TV and surround sound system! ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Preordered mine earlier and will arrive Friday, cant wait for this game. Many hundreds of hours of my life are going to disappear in apocalyptic gaming heaven. :lol:

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Fun fact I should make some people aware of if they aren't allready:

If you complained Fable 2 was short, well....Fallout 3 is short as well :p And you can't keep playing after the ending.

Still awesome, though.

(Note that I'm talking about the main quest.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

MY COPY CAME TODAY!

Oops, CAPS happy it would seem :lol:

I'm soooo bad at it it's unbelievable but I really like it. Controls work precisely like Oblivion, for the most part (not including things like V.A.T.S), and the sheer variety of conversation options rivals Mass Effect, in my opinion. Very much enjoyed using a "your mom" type reply to someone early on in the game :D

Note to self, however - BB gun is not so effective against a flamethrower. Also shouldn't swim in radiated water...

EVERYONE has to get this game. EVERYONE.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;228188 said:
EVERYONE has to get this game. EVERYONE.

Yes, Mistress.

Can't believe I missed it to be out today, so I haven't pre-ordered it until today.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Wasn't expecting mine til tomorrow but Steve ordered an Elite package with Fable 2 and Fallout 3 so they let us have it a day early :D

I really am VERY bad at it though...like, horrendously so. Once the school holidays are over I can spend some serious time working on getting passable at it :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

What sucks is that it is Thursday today. Which means they won't get it, the order, until tomorrow, Friday. Which means they will most likely send it off by then, and they don't deliver on the weekends, so I probably won't have it until Monday or Tuesday.

Pooey.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ive got it and played it and the introduction is superb and very well done. Nearly 3 hours in and havent even done a proper quest yet, this game is HUGE.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Same here - I've done pretty much nothing quest wise. Takes some getting used to (for me) because it doesn't spoon feed you as much as Oblivion does but I'm watching Steve play it right now and getting a better idea of what I ought to do. I swear, I do this every time I get a new game - I run around like an idiot without any real plans and then wonder why I'm so woefully unequipped for pretty much everything :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;228336 said:
Same here - I've done pretty much nothing quest wise. Takes some getting used to (for me) because it doesn't spoon feed you as much as Oblivion does but I'm watching Steve play it right now and getting a better idea of what I ought to do. I swear, I do this every time I get a new game - I run around like an idiot without any real plans and then wonder why I'm so woefully unequipped for pretty much everything :lol:

Yeah its made for the mature gamer and the thinking gamer for sure. You dont get much help with anything and pretty much have to figure out everything for yourself which just intrigues and interests me even more.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Yes. I'm pleasantly surprised with it. The only things I particularly would have liked are a larger helping of the Fallout sense of humor - this game seems more morose - and it would have been nice to use Charisma, Intelligence, Speech, etc. to talk my way through the game, like in the old days. You seem to be able to get pretty close so far, though. But yeah, I still love the non-combat options.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I want it. T_T But I has no monies.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Gamespot gave it only 8.5 though.
Oh yeah, you can`t continue playing if you have completed the main quest, unlike Oblivion. A friend told me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;228647 said:
Gamespot gave it only 8.5 though.
Oh yeah, you can`t continue playing if you have completed the main quest, unlike Oblivion. A friend told me.

Thats correct but if you load a previous save afterwards you will have about 70% of game left to do as the main quest is a tiny portion of the game. Over 100 hours worth of gameplay just like Oblivion and more ways to do things than Oblivion and more choices and options.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

After playing it I am left with an indifferent opinion. I can't really say whether it's good or not because it's not a real genre I'm a fan of, so I'll leave this one up to you guys. :O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tyloric;229129 said:
After playing it I am left with an indifferent opinion. I can't really say whether it's good or not because it's not a real genre I'm a fan of, so I'll leave this one up to you guys. :O

Its a mix of about 3 different genres and styles and i think they go together well when you get used to the systems.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

MAN! Right when I FINALLY get Fable 2, All you guys switch to another game?!?!

-_-