• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fav. Album of 2011

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Space Vampires vs zombie dinosaurs in 3d by psychostick, thier funniest album yet, I LOVE PSYCHOSTICK!

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Don't really have one to be honest... maybe Awesome As F**k? Do live albums count? If not then Space Vampires Vs Zombie Dinosaurs in 3D :cool:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Leveler by August Burns Red and Children of Fire by Oh, Sleeper were also amazing albums that came out this year

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
The last album I purchased was a box set from the rapper "Faggot Bruce", so I'm not exactly an album expert.

Edit: Oh yeah I bought Jon Lajoie's album too.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Would have to be Blink 182 - Neighbourhoods. Only thing I dislike is that they still sing about being a teenager, or early 20's.. And they're all in their 30's.

Lorelai

Reaction score
Deadmau5????

But yeaah I was a huge Blink fan when I was younger. It does feel odd when bands with gimmicks, like Blink singing about highschool/college life and acting like immature teens, get older and really have nothing else to fall back on, so you have 30-40 year olds acting like teenagers.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Would have to be Blink 182 - Neighbourhoods. Only thing I dislike is that they still sing about being a teenager, or early 20's.. And they're all in their 30's.

You like Blink 182? Didn't think you'd be the sort...

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Screw all those bands! Melodeath ftw!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You like Blink 182? Didn't think you'd be the sort...

I used to love this song when I was younger

I still think the intro is totally groovy.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Screw all your bands. Jazz is where it's at. :cool:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Pfft. Jazz is ancient. Didn't Mozart compose that stuff?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Pfft. Jazz is ancient. Didn't Mozart compose that stuff?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
I used to love this song when I was younger

I still think the intro is totally groovy.

Haha, nice.... I'm not actually that into Blink 182 though, I mean, they're a good band, i don't dislike them at all, I just never really got into them, their style is a bit out of my zone.... or maybe the reason I don't like them is because all my friends have a pathological hatred of them. Either way, I don't really listen to them that much.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Used to love Blink back from 2000-2006 or so. I always liked their poppier easier to sing stuff, I felt like the whole somber thing never really suited them (well, except for Adam's Song and a select few others).
Unless it was a heartbreak song...Going Away to College anyone?
I grew to love anything Takeoff your Pants and Jacket and prior but after that I just didn't see enough to be worth getting familiar with.

They half lost me on their last pre-hiatus album because of the new darker tone in most of the songs. I listened to it I don't know how many times and I couldn't name more than 3 tracks from it versus most all from albums that came before.
Now that their new album is the darkest yet, they've lost me completely.

Message to the band:
You're all billionaires and late 90's-early 2000's pop icons. Stop pretending like you've had to deal with anything half as morose as what you're writing since the start of the glory days and get back to writing what you know: poppy tracks that the masses can relate to. The emo listening market is pretty dry these days. They got replaced with hipsters and you guys are far too mainstream to have a market there, let me tell you.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Used to love Blink back from 2000-2006 or so. I always liked their poppier easier to sing stuff, I felt like the whole somber thing never really suited them (well, except for Adam's Song and a select few others).
Unless it was a heartbreak song...Going Away to College anyone?
I grew to love anything Takeoff your Pants and Jacket and prior but after that I just didn't see enough to be worth getting familiar with.

They half lost me on their last pre-hiatus album because of the new darker tone in most of the songs. I listened to it I don't know how many times and I couldn't name more than 3 tracks from it versus most all from albums that came before.
Now that their new album is the darkest yet, they've lost me completely.

Message to the band:
You're all billionaires and late 90's-early 2000's pop icons. Stop pretending like you've had to deal with anything half as morose as what you're writing since the start of the glory days and get back to writing what you know: poppy tracks that the masses can relate to. The emo listening market is pretty dry these days. They got replaced with hipsters and you guys are far too mainstream to have a market there, let me tell you.

I'm all for them deciding themselves what they should play, based on what they want to play, rather than what you want them to play. Of course, I don't know what they actually want to play, but for me, if I ever get to make money with my music, I'll decide what I'm gonna write based on what I like to play, rather than what makes more money.