• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Dye Pack!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSVR85

Reaction score
You know, I obtained the black dye (and the other DLC dyes that no one would ever use) and once I had it, I experimented a bit and decided it was too bland. The black is SO black that it steals all the texture away from whatever you put it on. Now I'm back to imitating the Albion army colors of red and brown.

I agree, after applying black to the hair, it looked totally **** and changed it back straight away, same goes for the clothes. I was disappointed we had to buy them in the first place, i'm even more disappointed now i have them.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I've come not all that close to black except with certain garments that are already dark to begin with - such as the mercenary top (female version) and a couple sets of gloves.

I can deal with it. But would really prefer to give my character black hair, and it matters not how high you pull the scale - that brown colour is not at all close to black. The whole hair-dye-system in general isn't all that great. Fable II had the capital there.

Thank you, see I knew I couldn't be the only one that understood this. I think some people here are assuming that I don't know to push the right thumb stick all the way to the dark end and press a button but honestly I do, and it's just irritating that all these colors at their darkest are still bright as hell. And I know what you mean abt certain outfits taking better to certain dyes ... there are a couple outfits that actually *do* appear dark red when you dye them dark red, but only a couple. Same with the hairstyles, the only hair that I can get to turn RED red is the long hairstyle.
~@sh

Archmenel

Reaction score
*Grins* I know what you mean.

As someone who appreciates the colour red in most of my outfits; I've experienced the same problem.

Originally I had thought that perhaps the gamma level had something to do with the colours but after adjusting it this way and that, there really is little difference...just darker shadows everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.