• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First Responders

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry First Responders, we know you all risked your lives on 9/11, we all know you ran into hundred story burning towers to help save as many as you could, but Mayor Bloomberg says there is not enough room for you at the memorial tribute, and says they aren't allowed because of "security issues". But they have room for Paul Simon.

Why is this day so focused on death? It's all about death, everyone who died in the Pentagon, United 93 and the WTC. I don't think the TV stations should air everything 9/11 related a hundreds times like it happened yesterday, 9/11 was ten years ago. We should honor those who are still alive - and remember those who have died. And not just the Americans who died on that day - we should also remember every American and Coalition soldier who has died in these conflicts sparked by 9/11, as well as every innocent civilian in those countries who have died. You should move on. But still remember those who have died, and honor those still alive.

Insert Quote here: "If 9/11 happened in any other country, you would have heard about it for a week then that would be the end of it."

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If it had happened in any of the former Soviet states, or any middle-eastern country except Israel(everyone is gay for Israel) nobody would've cared at all.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Sorry First Responders, we know you all risked your lives on 9/11, we all know you ran into hundred story burning towers to help save as many as you could, but Mayor Bloomberg says there is not enough room for you at the memorial tribute, and says they aren't allowed because of "security issues". But they have room for Paul Simon.

Why is this day so focused on death? It's all about death, everyone who died in the Pentagon, United 93 and the WTC. I don't think the TV stations should air everything 9/11 related a hundreds times like it happened yesterday, 9/11 was ten years ago. We should honor those who are still alive - and remember those who have died. And not just the Americans who died on that day - we should also remember every American and Coalition soldier who has died in these conflicts sparked by 9/11, as well as every innocent civilian in those countries who have died. You should move on. But still remember those who have died, and honor those still alive.

Insert Quote here: "If 9/11 happened in any other country, you would have heard about it for a week then that would be the end of it."

Exact point I had. I got yelled at for voicing this, however, and was called a stupid terrorist lover. It's just morbid to air hours of footage of people falling out buildings, burning and screaming. Really.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
9/11 has sort of become lika...reverse holiday?

I was taking the commute back from Reno a 45minute drive and I'm one stop light from turning onto east 80 and a parade of motorcycles with flags comes driving through, and it made me really proud just that there were SOOO many of them that it took a good 20 minutes before I could even leave.

The first responders have to do with politics, they are living heroes, patriots.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
9/11 bores me. It's the one time someone manages to make a full-scale attack on US soil so of course everyone makes it a huge deal. I'm surprised that international papers have given it so much attention as well, really helps to enforce the mindset of some of the people here that we are the center of the world and everyone looks to us. It's not just our media that's to blame guys.

EDIT: My bad, Pearl Harbor was the other time. It's been 60 years and even today every American knows about it. QED

Look on the global scale. The two countries who pose the most direct threat to our national security are Mexico and Canada. Think about that.

Why is this day so focused on death? It's all about death, everyone who died in the Pentagon, United 93 and the WTC.
View attachment 364

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Maybe it's because it doesn't directly affect me, but I never remember the 9/11 anniversary. I do remember when it happened because I was having a driving lesson that day and my instructor kept messing about on his phone getting the latest news and I was getting really hacked off that it was costing me £35 to just sit in the car doing nothing, waiting for him to get his act together. I also had no idea what the two towers were, so it really went over my head in a big way.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Maybe it's because it doesn't directly affect me, but I never remember the 9/11 anniversary. I do remember when it happened because I was having a driving lesson that day and my instructor kept messing about on his phone getting the latest news and I was getting really hacked off that it was costing me £35 to just sit in the car doing nothing, waiting for him to get his act together. I also had no idea what the two towers were, so it really went over my head in a big way.

That's okay, I didn't know what Baghdad was until I saw it being bombarded and shelled all night long on the TV.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
I was having this discussion with some friends a couple days ago. I know its a big thing that we where attacked and pride and all that, but its been 10 years get over it. I was maybe 5 or 6 at the time and i learned about it a couple of years later. At first i was like OMG SADFACE, now its just that one day that's just sadder and more of a bore than the rest.

Look on the global scale. The two countries who pose the most direct threat to our national security are Mexico and Canada. Think about that.

We're coming for you.... VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I think people are forgetting that 9/11 changed the face of global politics and economics in a very drastic way. It's not just something that happened ages ago. It's effects are still being felt, very strongly, right now. It's the same reason we don't forget the Cold War, WWII, WWI, etc. Those events made the world what it is today.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
^ I've not once heard or seen anyone mention the global impact. It's always about american lives lost, the cruelty of the act, and how their heart goes out to the families and rescue workers who lost their lives. I kind of wish it would start dressing like a significant event in global history if it's going to try and crash that party.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The only thing I remember about that day is being 8 years old, coming home from primary school and my sister thundering down the stairs shouting, "Oh my god - the news is on every channel!" Basically, she was complaining about missing her Byker Grove or whatever the hell teens watched in those days, no idea. Anyhoo, I walked into the livingroom to find my mother in a slighty more concerned way, shaking her head as replays of certain events played out. I, being 8 years old, had no real grasp of the situation, went upstairs and played with my Barbies or whatever the hell kids did in those days, no idea. As I got older, with the yearly minute silences just after playtime at school, I truly began to realise what had actually happened that day - that my sister cared more about afternoon telly than American tragedies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
*shrug* I was severely hacked off when Diana died - it totally screwed up telly for AGES. The funeral itself messed up something I had been planning to watch for some time and in the end I was forced to actually entertain myself for a while. Horrible memories...