• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

For the ending Wealth,sacifice,or love?

Acestyler

Reaction score
For the ending Wealth,sacifice,or love?

I need help on picking

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Re: For the ending Wealth,sacifice,or love?

Unless you want your character to be evil throughout your entire playthrough don't choose Wealth. It only gives you 1 million gold and it is fairly easy to accumulate that much by renting out houses. Obviously the Evil Choice.

If you don't have the knothole island DLC then you might want to choose Love as it revives your dog and sister. You never see her after making the choice and you just receive a letter from her instead. Your dog is vital to finding hidden treasures remember. I chose this before the knothole dlc was out. This is the Neutral choice

The Sacrifice choice revives those people who died throughout the course of the game, but not your dog and family. A statue is placed in Bowerstone Old Town Near where you first started the game. I would have chosen this if I knew a DLC could have revived my dog at a later point. This of course is the good choice and the one you should pick if your character is good/pure and you have the dlc.

Hope this helps ! :D

ScubaToaster

Off hunting Hollowmen
Reaction score

Love, and sacrifice ftw!

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

I chose Sacrifice for the good points and statue and stuff.

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score

Love, my dog was moron but I loved it.

Rathit

The Hero of who knows what
Reaction score

I always choose love.

T

The Lone Master

For my first character, I chose Love because I didn't know about the knothole island Dog revival crypt. After realising it's existence, I chose the sacrifice for my second character as I wanted a nice statue of myself to be made in Bowerstone Old town.

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score

i choose whatever i feel like at the moment. i dont have to worry about the dog anymore cause of the DLC

Jordaldo

Reaction score

but now consider this, This choice is most likely going to have an impact of some sort in fable 3 should you import a save game. Like say, if you choose the needs of the few, perhaps your sister becomes an auntie of sorts in fable 3?!?!?

treasureguardian

treasureguardian
Reaction score

but now consider this, This choice is most likely going to have an impact of some sort in fable 3 should you import a save game. Like say, if you choose the needs of the few, perhaps your sister becomes an auntie of sorts in fable 3?!?!?
good idea man

Destro23

Reaction score

you can save before you make the choice, then after you get the achievements for the 2 endings you don't want you actually follow through and save with the ending you DO want. i recommend sacrifice because all the shops in the world will have better items. love just brings back your families and dog, DLC can fix the dog problem. wealth is a waste if there isn't anything in the shops to buy, 5 star potions and good augments.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Go with Sacrifice, EVERYBODY will love you.

Souljacker

Reaction score

Hard decision, but I chose sacrifice and kind of regretted it.

I've read some threads about folks here who didn't really care about their families, but I really missed having to check my quests log to make sure my wife was happy. I was sure that I was going to come out of the spire divorced, but when she was still wandering about in front of our house I was pretty happy about that.

Time goes on and I find out that in order to buy Fairfax castle for her, I have to finish the actual story. So, I do, and the game reveals itself to me a freaking country music song. I lost my wife AND my dog. WTF?

In the end, I did choose sacrifice - couldn't justify selfishly resurrecting only my own loved ones even in a game. However, if I had known that choice was coming, I wouldn't have bothered with getting married at all (or just wouldn't have finished the game).

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Well if you choose wealth you only get like a million.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

I'd go with either Sacrifice (if your focus is "good") or Wealth (if your focus is "evil"). The Knothole Island DLC will allow you to bring your dog back, so no worries about that. If you're more neutral I'd probably go with Sacrifice because the reward from Wealth is just 1,000,000 gold, and that was in the ballpark of about 1/8 my total gold on the playthrough I just finished. If you start buying property early on the Wealth reward is easily dwarfed.

In all honesty, I'd only choose love if you either:

a) Do not have the Knothole Island DLC, and view the dog as a vital tool
b) Have a family that's grown on you
c) Need the achievement

Also, you don't need to worry about losing the marriage renown boost as a result of the main storyline. That only happens if you're divorced, I'm fairly certain.

Here is the Pros/Cons of each choice at the end though, if you still have trouble deciding:
Sacrifice
- The Sacrifice Achievement -
>Resurrects every who died in the Spire's construction. You will not actually notice more people around.
>300 Good, 500 Pure Morality
>Letter from "the people of Albion"
>A statue of yourself in Bowerstone Old Town. This is much the same as the statues you get for The Sculptor

Love
- The Family Achievement -
>Brings back your family, as well as your dog.
>300 Good Morality
>Letter from Rose
>Though you get a letter from Rose, and she is presumably alive, you will never actually see her again in-game.

Wealth
- The Egomaniac Achievement -
>Awards you with 1,000,000 Gold
>300 Evil, 500 Corrupt Morality
>Letter from Theresa
>The gold is nice, but often a trivial amount, especially if you're a veteran of the game and have racked up multiples of the amount.

Notes
>If you choose other than Love, you can still revive your dog through the Knothole Island DLC
>Sometimes the Love choice doesn't bring back all of your families. If you're married to more than one spouse, there is a chance only one is brought back, though I don't think it's typical.