• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GAME Pre-Order Bonus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: GAME Pre-Order Bonus:

GrimWhim;418831 said:
Phsyical Shield would be pointless and extremely overpowered. That's not what I'm asking for at all. Not that it matters because these are simple pre-order bonuses. You can easily put down $5 for a pre-order and then pay the rest the day the game comes out.

A hammer is a weapon. A gun is a weapon. A spell is a weapon. Are you saying it's perfectly fine for me to miss out on a weapon that MORPHS but it's not okay for me to miss out on a single spell that may or may not add much of anything to the game? Do you know how many spells I used in Fable II? Two. I started using three recently since I found out a neat little trick to use with the Raise Dead spell.

Therefore, most of these spells go to waste anyways.

I'm not sure why you seem to argue so much, but I'm definitely agreeing with Tyrant here. Yes I understand that they should have a magic item released as a pre-order bonus, and I am partial to magic myself. The point still remains though, a spell is not exactly the same as a sword, hammer or firearm. A sword may look unique, but it does not necessarily "behave" uniquely, if you will. If I have a sword handed to me that looks completely different from any other sword, and sure it has some minor bonuses to it, and then I am handed a spell-gauntlet that allows me to fly all over Albion, is that fair? It is a completely new ability that isn't available to anyone who hasn't pre-ordered from that site where a sword is minorly appealing appearance-wise...

Reaction score

Oh, also is it true that the GAME's pre-order bonus is only available in the UK?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Truth lies in your words BalvarineBosmer.

And by the way, we're arguing about missing things for Will users, but there is also nothing for Skill...

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418885 said:
Oh, also is it true that the GAME's pre-order bonus is only available in the UK?

Hence the reason why it's a GAME exclusive.

Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;418887 said:
Hence the reason why it's a GAME exclusive.

You can have it shipped to the U.S. though via GAME, that's what I'm wondering. I'd rather have the Hammer versus the sword. And I know what everyone is arguing about.... I was just stating why a gauntlet could be unfair. I was also wondering the same about a skill item....

king_reaver

Reaction score

reaver will never give up his Dragonstompers
this why we don't get a exclusive gun.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418880 said:
I'm not sure why you seem to argue so much, but I'm definitely agreeing with Tyrant here. Yes I understand that they should have a magic item released as a pre-order bonus, and I am partial to magic myself. The point still remains though, a spell is not exactly the same as a sword, hammer or firearm. A sword may look unique, but it does not necessarily "behave" uniquely, if you will. If I have a sword handed to me that looks completely different from any other sword, and sure it has some minor bonuses to it, and then I am handed a spell-gauntlet that allows me to fly all over Albion, is that fair? It is a completely new ability that isn't available to anyone who hasn't pre-ordered from that site where a sword is minorly appealing appearance-wise...

You're going to use an unrealistic example and compare it to a sword? That's just retarded. No, I'm sorry but a spell is just the same as a sword. It may not act the same way but it's goal is the same. Stop trying to devalue the sword and make it seem like a spell gauntlet would be the greatest thing ever. That sword will evolve and change based on how you use it which would make it unique. Will that spell change at all? No. It may charge faster and be a little more powerful but it will always be the same.

A sword is not there for aesthetic reasons. That sword can develop a background, a history and will evolve and you keep trying to debase that in order to compare it to an unrealistic spell that "allows me to fly all over Albion".

GrimWhim

Reaction score

king_reaver;418905 said:
reaver will never give up his Dragonstompers
this why we don't get a exclusive gun.

There are six Dragonstomper .48's, he doesn't have to give his up but there's no reason for us not to be able to earn one.

(Sorry for the double post.)

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418907 said:
You're going to use an unrealistic example and compare it to a sword? That's just retarded. No, I'm sorry but a spell is just the same as a sword. It may not act the same way but it's goal is the same. Stop trying to devalue the sword and make it seem like a spell gauntlet would be the greatest thing ever. That sword will evolve and change based on how you use it which would make it unique. Will that spell change at all? No. It may charge faster and be a little more powerful but it will always be the same.

A sword is not there for aesthetic reasons. That sword can develop a background, a history and will evolve and you keep trying to debase that in order to compare it to an unrealistic spell that "allows me to fly all over Albion".

Yes I am, though it may be ridiculous, it gets a point across. A spell and a sword when given as hand-outs do not weigh-out evenly in the end. Though their goals may be the same, they are not equivalents.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418909 said:
Yes I am, though it may be ridiculous, it gets a point across. A spell and a sword when given as hand-outs do not weigh-out evenly in the end. Though their goals may be the same, they are not equivalents.

What point would that be? That you enjoy making these half-assed comparisons? I mean, really. You're right, they are unequal. Swords are generally quicker to kill which in turn makes them more powerful. Sure, a level five spell in Fable II was enough to kill almost every enemy in one hit (aside from the bosses) but you didn't start out like that. It took a long while to really build it up and even then you have to sit there and charge the spell while someone with a sword can rush through and slice everything to pieces.

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418911 said:
What point would that be? That you enjoy making these half-assed comparisons? I mean, really. You're right, they are unequal. Swords are generally quicker to kill which in turn makes them more powerful. Sure, a level five spell in Fable II was enough to kill almost every enemy in one hit (aside from the bosses) but you didn't start out like that. It took a long while to really build it up and even then you have to sit there and charge the spell while someone with a sword can rush through and slice everything to pieces.

I'm only trying to point out that they are not equivalents. Depending on what spell would be released with the gauntlet it could end up being slightly unfair. I'm sorry if my "half-assed comparisons" upset you. Just settle down a little bit, to each his own.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418915 said:
I'm only trying to point out that they are not equivalents. Depending on what spell would be released with the gauntlet it could end up being slightly unfair. I'm sorry if my "half-assed comparisons" upset you. Just settle down a little bit, to each his own.

Why do people insist on making the groundless assumption that because one swears or argues that they are not "settled down"? Ugh. Look, you can keep spouting that spells are unfair until your face turns blue but that still won't make it true.

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418917 said:
Why do people insist on making the groundless assumption that because one swears or argues that they are not "settled down"? Ugh. Look, you can keep spouting that spells are unfair until your face turns blue but that still won't make it true.

I was not making a " groundless assumption that because one swears or argues that they are not settled down ", though you can't really read emotion from an online text message, you seem tense is all. I'm wrong then, you're right, forgive me for sharing a thought Sir Grim.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Stranger;418920 said:
Similarly, you can insist otherwise until your face turns blue, but that still won't make it true either. It's called an opinion. Let's all play nice now, I've already had my forum-induced migraine for the day.

I have proof, he does not. Next time you want to join in on an argument, do so intelligently.

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418921 said:
I have proof, he does not. Next time you want to join in on an argument, do so intelligently.
Proof or an opinion?

Reaction score

Stranger;418923 said:
Proof that spells are fair? It sounds like one of those things that would be an opinion determined by preference or bias, not something that can be proven as fact.

I completely agree.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418922 said:
Proof or an opinion?

You know what? I'm not going to continue this any further. I mean, your blatant ignorance is literally going to cause my brain to bleed and as fun as that sounds, I think I'll have to pass.

All I can say is if there's one thing people around here are good at, it's frustrating others.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418925 said:
You know what? I'm not going to continue this any further. I mean, your blatant ignorance is literally going to cause my brain to bleed and as fun as that sounds, I think I'll have to pass.

All I can say is if there's one thing people around here are good at, it's frustrating others.

Hehe, I believe the guys made a point up there. Your reaction shows signs of frustration.

Reaction score

GrimWhim;418925 said:

Yes, because certainly the self-proclaimed intelligent one is never in the wrong.

king_reaver

Reaction score

GrimWhim
we might earn last Dragonstompers
unless reaver kill last Dragonstompers owner

Status
Not open for further replies.