• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gay men

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I don't know why it matters honestly. To me, the people who are easily offended by the language need to take a step back and relax. Every sexual orientation (except hetero) and race have their historically offensive words. Now, I'm not saying we should all go around shouting slurs. We shouldn't. But to me acknowledging them as offensive enables us to remember parts of history we probably shouldn't keep emotions alive about for the sake of the future.

You can say what you like about that, but I practice what I preach. Jewish slurs and jew jokes (though a lot of the holocaust ones are really apalling on a humanist level) don't get to me. I grew up in a place with a wide variety of cultures and races and it just isn't worth my time to act like I'm special for belonging to any one in particular.

I've been thinking, as I often find myself doing, about gay men.
Best opening to a thread ever.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Does the word "gay" mean anything towards somebody? No, it doesn't. It just means they are likely to sleep with their own gender. Who cares who does what in their own bedrooms or relationships? Well except of a few lunatics that believe God is a jerk that would kick your ass for anything besides praying, beating your children and drinking his son's blood and eating his body.

Seriously, Christians are a secret vampire order. Perhaps I should make the Dawnguard.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If you're gay, that's pretty much what you do exclusively. You're not gay one day, and not gay the next. If you're gay you sleep with people of your own gender only.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
If you're gay, that's pretty much what you do exclusively. You're not gay one day, and not gay the next. If you're gay you sleep with people of your own gender only.

That's not necessarily true. Straight men have sex with men.

And I'm not so 'proud' of my sexuality that, if against all odds, I found a woman I could actually be with I wouldn't turn away from the possibility.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. Straight men have sex with men.

And I'm not so 'proud' of my sexuality that, if against all odds, I found a woman I could actually be with I wouldn't turn away from the possibility.

Hey, if I could find a man I could actually be with, I would too.

Fo' sure.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I just cant imagine being attracted to someone of the same sex.. But then again, I am attracted to women, I just haven't been "attracted so much that I love" to a women, in.. well forever..

Im a really crappy person at showing affection towards humans, but with dogs and cats, or general animals, I show sooo much affection, in a non beasteality way.. (I probably spelt that wrong)

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Never used the word "gay" on people who are attracted to the same gender. Never did. I associate the term "gay" with its original meaning, that is an exaggeration of "cheerful". So when someone tells me that man is gay, I think of him as a happy man. :) Same applies to the women.

I don't understand why the masses have a problem with the gender preference of some people. I don't fancy myself liking men sexually or romantically, but I don't see why there should be no love between other men (and between women). Its like back in the medieval days, Princes and Princesses couldn't marry a commoner without being fussed at. Now, we have Prince William marrying Kate Middleton, a commoner, in one of the biggest televised weddings ever.

People will grow up, and finally accept that humans are coded in different ways.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Fancy a drink this evening?

Come on, don't start. We know we can't do that anymore. Because of 'her'. If she finds out she'll kill me, but you won't be so lucky...

This is my Albion

Reaction score
The word "gay" seems the most appropriate to call homosexuals. As hobbes said, its not as fancy and it saves middle aged drunk woman trying to say "shall we stop off at that homosexual club?" which would be funny but painful to watch. The word gay is just convenient but i wouldn't say it completely assigned for a certain gender. My problem is when people use the word "gay" as an insult. It seems degrading when gay is meant to be an insult.
Dumbass: "You're gay! Rofllmaolol"
Me: "So?"
Im not but i have been known to make out with women if they didn't shut the feck up.

P.s. this discussion is on the verge of being a greet and meet :p

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
me+gugusta.jpg

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Come on, don't start. We know we can't do that anymore. Because of 'her'. If she finds out she'll kill me, but you won't be so lucky...
She is SUCH a biznatch. Like, fo srs. I swear, the last time I tried to hook up with Steve, she came marching in, yelling and shouting and arms flailing like an angry windmill and...

....oh wait.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
I've actually found myself thinking of this quite often aswell. It doesn't seem right that we have a word that specifically means "homosexual female" but we don't have a word that specifies "homosexual male". "Homo" by itself doesn't really work, because homo means same. "Queer" would work, many of them prefer that already anyway. What I think we should do is take the word "lesbian" from the feminists by using it for the men aswell. But thats just because I really love messing with feminists.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Actually, the word "Lesbian" meant "Dwellers on the Isle of Lesbos", which was an arcane literary reference to Sappho, a Greek Poetess, who used to write lots of love poems about young women. This was in the 7th Century.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Isn't 'queer' sorta like 'faggot' in that it is more of an insult..? I know I would feel akward using queer in the same way as lesbian.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Isn't 'queer' sorta like 'faggot' in that it is more of an insult..? I know I would feel akward using queer in the same way as lesbian.

Actually, I'm not sure... some of my gay friends prefer to be called queer than gay.