• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guide to stealing

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score
Guide to stealing

Well, most of you probebly have already mastered this, But it's for the beginners and ones who are to scared to do it.

getting away from fine guide down the bottom

The Bowerstone clothe shop would be the easiest to grab an item at.
Make sure you can use the Steal expression, other wise you'll look stupid if you try.

This mostly for the Bowerstone clothe shop, but you can learn a thing or too.

When the shop(s) open (Duh..) run inside and go to the back of the shop (there should be an item on a little bench were the shop keep can't see you)
Then, (if it's a good item) press the button that makes you steal.
Make sure you are away from were the shop keep can see you, near the wall on the right if you run in the shop and head straight for the item on the bench, near the window, if you can't tell your lefties and righties.
face the item, so the steal expression comes up.
Press the button that makes you steal, hold it down, and wait for the process to complete.
Try not to steal the things at the front, you'll get caught!

If the item is worth barely anything, go to the portal at the front of bowerstone, teleport anywhere, and teleport back to Bowerstone.
see if the item is worth it now, if it is, steal it, sell it, go back and keep stealing it until you knock your self out.
(or the shops close)

Getting out of the fine:

Either plea like a sissy (sorry expression), or make a run for it to the sick child's house. (either way, you still are classified as a sissy)
When you're at the sick child's house, there should be another room only you can fit.
go behind the child, and run trough the gap.
Cuddle up to the wall, the guards should be standing were they can't get you, go make your self a cup of tea, get a biscuit, drink and eat, go back to your game (without pausing) and the guards should have gotten bored and run off.
of they haven't, wait until the (!) meter has run down.

If the shops have closed, you should go buy some/find some golden carrots and moon fish.
If you eat the moon fish, it will turn dark, then eat the golden carrot, it'll turn day, shops will open again, and repeat the process.

Hope this helps guys!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Guide to stealing

A couple of good suggestions in there.

H

Hexadecimal

you know where's the best place to steal from?
at least... it works for me anyhow...

during the Knothole Glade quest where you're killing the white balverine there's nobody around much at all, so shops like the tattooist by the entrance and the one over by the wife's house are all unmanned... and the guards aren't doing the rounds at that time either...
so I just go lifting everything I see in the empty shops as I make my way through the quest...
the shop by the wife's house usually has some pretty nice stuff out ^_^

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

Thats a good one!

There's some great tactics, I made 5,000 gold in 2 minutes of mine, then did some quest.

Cheers for the tip!

H

HodgePodge

+rep lonely druid, nice to see that you're contributing to the site ;)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

+rep, I didn't know you could hide behind the sick kids house! I just say sorry, but they always hit you then say "don't do it again". That always makes me pe'od...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

My favorite way is to get the shop keeper drunk and push him out of the store then the shop is free to loot.

I like the apologize expression you're only a sissy if you mean it :lol:
I like to follow it with a kiss my *** expression or the middle finger "OI!"

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

Lol, I love that expression.

"Oi!"

N

ninjasouth

WOW LONLEY DRUID!!!! me n u started liek on that same day n' were both already HERO'S nice to see i graduated with someone else!!! cheers

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

Lol, That was random.

And I join 1 day before you.. I think.

And I hope this guide helps!

N

ninjasouth

hmmm...oh ya huh??? ya i welcomed u... i am random though!!! lol :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Try to stay on topic guys :thumbsup: ;)

StarSeed

Reaction score
I have found the unlimited way to steal from shops without getting caught & with ease!

first off, you need the follow me expression and the steal expression?!!

go to a bar and buy all the beer and keybind it so when you go up to the shopkeeper, it is readily available to give to him.

walk up to any shop keeper & ask them to follow you and lead them far away from the shop, then once you get far away, tell them to wait!!!! Then give them 5 beers and run back to the shop!

I did this for an hour after i realize this and I made clear 200,000 gold that I could buy the top top gear at the arena!

doing this will ultimately give you unlimited gold without wasting so much time finding traders to buy and resale for measly gold amounts!

do this at all shops so you don’t have to spend so much gold to sleep or to use carrots etc etc as you need to do this once a day so the shop keepers can refresh the items to take!