• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HELP i messed up fable

T

Tsukuyomi

HELP i messed up fable

ya i decided to mod my pc fable without backing up because i didnt know how to do that and was too lazy to check but i accidentally moved the sword when armor isnt equipped and dont know how to put it back it sometimes messes up the swinging of the sword too and i have no idea the regular number of what to put it at! please help if possible itll be a pain to go through all the numbers in the 7000 row and would really appreciate the help thanks

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score
Re: HELP i messed up fable

1st, go here: http://forums.projectego.net/making-back-ups-17402/

2nd: umm, what? Could u describe a little better what you did and where you did it?
Put the Main folder, like game.bin, then the folder after that, then where after that. then I will be able to try to help, but as of now I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

T

Tsukuyomi

by putting the game.bin do you mean the file and just put in inside the thread or am i just completely retarded and have no idea what im doing? and to be more descriptive i was trying to change the main character into JOB through this http://forums.projectego.net/you-can-your-favourite-rival-hero-2247/ and instead of putting it in the spot where i was supposed to in the character mesh place and put it in the Thing group ID spot and that messed up a few things and i need to know the original number of the ThingGroupID. This is the most descriptive i can be without any questions of it. i hope that helps clear things up.

T

Tsukuyomi

okay i went into the CREATURE folder in the main list of FE and then went to 1470 into the main hero folder. meaning to change the character i changed the ThingGroupID by accident. the full name of it incase its important is
C906C830 - ThingGroupID i changed this number by accident and i dont know what the original number was. If you could help me that would be great

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

For being so stupid, I don't think we should bother helping you. Too lazy to back up files? It takes less than 3 minutes! I believe CBox even lets you back up files from the program!

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

yes it does. CBox has a function that will instantly replace your currently ****ed up files with your fresh new ones. Gotta love CBox, a modding MUST.

well, I guess I will see what I can do, Im supposed to be leaving to go pick up a bag and smoke some weed with my friends, but while I wait for them to show up I will help.

DO NOT EVER change values unless you know what you are doing, or you have Back-ups, then you can Trial-and-Error your ass off all night for all I care.

Actually this will be easy as hell to fix rofl, I just need to give u the correct ID number.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Mmmm, delicious Double Post :ninja:

Here you go: 7421

EDIT: Woops, I guess I could've just edited my post above ;) There should REALLY be a "Delete My Post" Option available

T

Tsukuyomi

thanks man i needed the help figuring out the thing by myself would take all night as you said so i dont need to flip out and throw something

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Tsukuyomi;338856 said:
okay i went into the CREATURE folder in the main list of FE

oh, thats called the game.bin btw

you went into game.bin >>> CREATURE >>> 1470 - CREATURE_HERO +

that's the listing I was talking about.