• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hobbies, time wasters, etc. What are yours?

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score
"Diablo II modding"

Yes. When shall we get married my love?

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
I. Love. You.

We're pretty dorky.

But lemme find some stuff to send to you in a private message. I can provide some links to some sites you can read up and find some good stuff. Maybe if enough people on the forum wanna play a pen&paper over the net I can organize something and run a storyline. We need enough people willing to play first. It takes a certain amount of dedication and a bit of effort so keep that in mind. (the person running it spends the most time on it though >__<)

"Diablo II modding"

Yes. When shall we get married my love?

Ex-squeeze me. I'm still here ya know. I DO still have my purple oven mitts of ultimate power and ominous devastation. Don't make me use them!

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
We're pretty dorky.

But lemme find some stuff to send to you in a private message. I can provide some links to some sites you can read up and find some good stuff. Maybe if enough people on the forum wanna play a pen&paper over the net I can organize something and run a storyline. We need enough people willing to play first. It takes a certain amount of dedication and a bit of effort so keep that in mind. (the person running it spends the most time on it though >__<)

Ex-squeeze me. I'm still here ya know. I DO still have my purple oven mitts of ultimate power and ominous devastation. Don't make me use them!

:blush: I just haven't seen a female say the word "modding" since I met my wife to be, who was into modding Halo back in the day. But as a veteran PC gamer, it has a special meaning when coupled with the word "Diablo".

But yea, seriously, I'll be waiting for the PM :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
:blush: I just haven't seen a female say the word "modding" since I met my wife to be, who was into modding Halo back in the day. But as a veteran PC gamer, it has a special meaning when coupled with the word "Diablo".

But yea, seriously, I'll be waiting for the PM :)
Halo Modding? that Sounds interesting. I have Halo CE for my PC, I've only attempted out of level STUFFS. Didn't know there was MODDING modding involved. Do tell. :D

I love Modding. :|

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
Me too ^_^ Like... A lot. As in "you don't even know". Seriously. I love modding :|

You can do a lot with it. :) All you need is Halo Custom Edition, which was released by Gearbox as a free download for anybody that owns Combat Evolved and still has their CD and serial key . Custom Edition opens and plays like the regular game, but only includes the multiplayer component and maps. It's a version of the game that's been unlocked to accept user created content. This means... well I'll let pictures talk here, with Custom Edition and the Halo Editing Kit you can do stuff like this then play it online:

(this stuff isn't my work, but can be found on Halomaps.org

Halo 3's Valhalla
115screenshot00-2.jpg

Halo 3's Sandtrap
0screenshot00-312.jpg

One of my favorites, Hyrule Field.
9screen134136shot00.jpg

8scree134147nshot00.jpg

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Wow, cool stuff there Diesel. I sent ya those links btw, and I'd also like to see some mods for some more obscure games. NeverWinter Nights 2 being one of them, both KoToRs as well.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Me too ^_^ Like... A lot. As in "you don't even know". Seriously. I love modding :|

You can do a lot with it. :) All you need is Halo Custom Edition, which was released by Gearbox as a free download for anybody that owns Combat Evolved and still has their CD and serial key . Custom Edition opens and plays like the regular game, but only includes the multiplayer component and maps. It's a version of the game that's been unlocked to accept user created content. This means... well I'll let pictures talk here, with Custom Edition and the Halo Editing Kit you can do stuff like this then play it online:

(this stuff isn't my work, but can be found on Halomaps.org

Halo 3's Valhalla
115screenshot00-2.jpg

Halo 3's Sandtrap
0screenshot00-312.jpg

One of my favorites, Hyrule Field.
9screen134136shot00.jpg

8scree134147nshot00.jpg
I've seen the Zelda on done on youtube. I always wanted to try it. Looks like fun. :D

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
EDIT: can somebody tell me why the images don't stay resized when I insert them and make them smaller with the edit image tool?

Forgot I had these.. Might explain me a bit more. Especially the rc truck lol.

This is what overconfidence in your truck can result in... Took a while but I got her out, and blew the transmission in the process.
stuckxy.jpg

My best friend at work(I HDR'd the hell out of it).
peterbiltm.jpg

I wasn't happy with this toy, so I uh. Well three batteries, lots of soldering, and a pc cooling fan later it was doing standing back flips and almost landing them.
modzx.jpg

My modest toolbox at work.
boxip.jpg

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't get time to have any hobbies or time wasting activities. I honestly wish I did. But if I ever get more than thirty seconds to myself that doesn't involve either being asleep or using the bathroom, then I love reading, writing, singing, gaming, making shockingly-bad little claymation videos and watching documentaries like Frozen Planet and Life.

But like I say, I don't get the time to do anything I actually really enjoy anymore. Maybe in about 18 years or so I might catch a break ;)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But like I say, I don't get the time to do anything I actually really enjoy anymore. Maybe in about 18 years or so I might catch a break ;)

Nope. In 18 years I'll be moving into your house and make you and Steve my personal slaves. The scenario in which I move in is yet to be decided. I'm thinking... involuntary hostel.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
It happens regularly enough to count as a hobby but by hell I don't enjoy it...

I hear giving birth hurts, luckily my gonads aren't designed for giving birth so I wont ever have to do it. :cool:

lololololol.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I hear giving birth hurts, luckily my gonads aren't designed for giving birth so I wont ever have to do it. :cool:

lololololol.
It smarts a tad, I'll admit...

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I. Love. You.
Competition in da house.

lololololol.

Wait till you get the largest kidney stone known to man.

Honestly, I spend some time playing games, but I browse the net more than I play games, and Netflix gives me much love.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It happens regularly enough to count as a hobby but by hell I don't enjoy it...

Watching a woman give birth is a scary thing from my perspective. It's like all the previous periods a woman had is accumulated into a singular point of unrelenting terror. An old mate of mine recorded his wife giving birth way back... he cried more than she did. All the foul language, the screaming, .. his broken hand.

I'm not ready for that.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Watching a woman give birth is a scary thing from my perspective. It's like all the previous periods a woman had is accumulated into a singular point of unrelenting terror. An old mate of mine recorded his wife giving birth way back... he cried more than she did. All the foul language, the screaming, .. his broken hand.

I'm not ready for that.

You're not ready to give birth? I... wut.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm not ready for that.
I won't lie to you - it's motherfudging disgusting stuff. Who in the hell VIDEOS that shizzle?! I've been vaguely with it for all three of mine and a birth partner for when my niece was born and I'm not sure which was the more horrendous experience. Sure, giving birth is a little on the uncomfortable side and with Jake I punched a wall because they wouldn't give me painkillers (ladies, do not do this. It hurts more than labour once you realise what you've done), but watching my sister give birth was just...gross. And the SMELL! Not to mention the involuntary peeing, pooping, farting, vomiting and other unpleasantness they don't prepare you for in antenatal classes (which are a joke in themselves). Seriously, stay at the head end, don't look down if you EVER want sex again (or even a steak dinner) and do not open your mouth unless you are ready to lose your teeth. Nothing enrages a woman in labour more than having her moron of a partner stroking her hair and saying dumb things like, "You can do it. Come on now. Nearly there. I love you." in a patronising tone. Little tip: your missus doesn't love anyone right now and she sure as hell hates you with a passion.

tl;dr - don't look, keep your gob shut and do the hell as you're told. It's better that way, trust me.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I won't lie to you - it's motherfudging disgusting stuff. Who in the hell VIDEOS that shizzle?! I've been vaguely with it for all three of mine and a birth partner for when my niece was born and I'm not sure which was the more horrendous experience. Sure, giving birth is a little on the uncomfortable side and with Jake I punched a wall because they wouldn't give me painkillers (ladies, do not do this. It hurts more than labour once you realise what you've done), but watching my sister give birth was just...gross. And the SMELL! Not to mention the involuntary peeing, pooping, farting, vomiting and other unpleasantness they don't prepare you for in antenatal classes (which are a joke in themselves). Seriously, stay at the head end, don't look down if you EVER want sex again (or even a steak dinner) and do not open your mouth unless you are ready to lose your teeth. Nothing enrages a woman in labour more than having her moron of a partner stroking her hair and saying dumb things like, "You can do it. Come on now. Nearly there. I love you." in a patronising tone. Little tip: your missus doesn't love anyone right now and she sure as hell hates you with a passion.

tl;dr - don't look, keep your gob shut and do the hell as you're told. It's better that way, trust me.

If I ever have to be in the same room as a woman giving birth, she is certainly not gonna get the chance to break my hand. Though I'm gonna do my best to avoid fertilizing any eggs in the near future.