• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How big do you think fable 3 is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
now the title says it all we have seen videos of a ton of different places but we havent really been told how big it is compared to anything i mean bigger than fable 2 is too vague for me i hope its about 2 and a half times bigger atleast since they are using the same engine just modified they have had to learned how to compact the data enough to give us more and also seasons i want some seasons please not just sunny rainy cloudy and snow in each place as permanent weather

what does everybody else think

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I really have no idea, but I hope it's vast and much bigger than Fable and Fable II, especially since you're supposed to rule this kingdom. And yes, seasons and unpredictable (or predictable if that's the best they can do) weather would be nice.

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
in too many areas in F2 i feel like im forced to follow a path (like in bandit coast, theres really only 1 path to go down) as long as we have a greater range to explore, im happy

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
see thats the thing its the same engine as fable 2 so by now since they have used it for so long they should know how to compact data enough to give us more paths and places im just wondering how much cuz i really want it to be massive to make me want to go from the north all the way to the south and be able to explore the whole way and atleast have different weather a different path and make me not want to just teleport everytime after i discover the place i wanna go

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
It's fast travel not teleport, so it's not a plot or logic hole or anything, but I still despise it, to be honest. Sure, I don't want to be running from the tip of the map to the absolute bottom to get one dye and then aaaaall the way back to the norten tip only to have to go back to the bottom to reclaim my reward, but I would still like a little more travel and exploration to be necessary than just visit each road or village once until I replay the game from the start a year later...

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
no no im not talking about that i just want it to be interesting everytime i go through there so i wont want to just fast travel there once i find it the first time and im not talking about it in a quest sorta way im saying if i feel like exploring i can and it wont be the same everytime i go through there and there is more than 1 or 2 paths so it will be interesting to explore

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
It's probably as big as fable 2. Just more explorable areas, not forced paths. With my main tune I'm not going to fast travel, save me some gameplay and leveling up :)

Reaction score
I think yaws wishes will come true, peter said everything you see is explorable, in a way, but as for size, from the looks of it, Bowerstone alone looks bigger than all the cities in fable 2 combines, so i mean ya

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
lol if it was like oblivion in size and exploration i would loose my life in fable 3 o man im not even done with oblivion and ive had it since it came out

VicOnTop

Reaction score
lol if it was like oblivion in size and exploration i would loose my life in fable 3 o man im not even done with oblivion and ive had it since it came out
oblivion is my favourite game. and ive the balls to say ive done absolutly everything. except for become the grey fox. which isnt fair because the game is glitched to where the messenger never sends me to him for the final mission. stealing the scroll. it sucks. even though ive stolen and fenced enough stuff.. it doesnt make sense

unholy scissors

Reaction score
I heard in a interview that from mist peak to brightwall takes 10 mins to get between them. i hope its big though

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
o i just saw the video its great i like it plus we get a ghost party lol

VicOnTop

Reaction score
man.. now people are gonna be complaining about not having mounts

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
This big. [opens arms]

Hillbilly88

Reaction score
Everyone will jump on me for this im sure. but there wasnt much in oblivion, a lot of the world was the same trees rocks and scrub grass with the odd animal or creature thrown in, most of it was just open nothingness that took forever to walk across. dont get me wrong i loved the game, but the whole size thing is like San Andreas, yeah it was effing huge but there wasnt much in between the citys and major quest areas of the game.

ChristieScott

Reaction score
I think more than size, it's just going to have so much depth that we'll be getting lost in it regardless

hopefully it'll be huge though!

Jomonoe

Reaction score
PM said that anything you can see, you can explore in Fable 2. Look how that turned out. Yeah, ok, in some places that was true like Bowerlake but what did we get for exploring? Not that much. Now he says the same thing about Fable 3. While I remain skeptical, I also can't help but feel hopeful since in some gameplay videos, we see pretty big environments

Status
Not open for further replies.