• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to Beat the Crucible

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
How to Beat the Crucible

Hey post your tips and tricks here on how to beat the crucible and become the champion!

My favourite way; get a decent weapon (i always save up for a master axe) and the goul augmentation. as soon as you get in just start hacking things and so long as you keep fighting you'll never die.

If you have any good charge up spells (e.g. level 4 or 5 shock)
then charge them up next to the enemy respawn areas and unleash them when they materialise!

In the round with the bandits and the flame throwers (thers an isolated peninsula of rock in the middle) stay in the middle and just keep stepping on the buttons (there are three - one for each third of the rim) and if one guy is just out of reach of the flame throwers just shoot hime (sub-targettig really helps - options for body parts)

with the troll then look at this for help (i claim no credit for the vid and btw major spoilers its cheaten but i've never been able to kill the troll properly in time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-tTecqrPNA&feature=related

Mattew2

Reaction score
Re: How to Beat the Crucible

I killed the troll fairly in 1:58 but i would got better if I didn't get glitched and couldn't shoot or move for like 15 seconds. I would got the the chopper before the spire. :(

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Mattew2;347008 said:
I killed the troll fairly in 1:58 but i would got better if I didn't get glitched and couldn't shoot or move for like 15 seconds. I would got the the chopper before the spire. :(
^you cant, even if you got the right time it wont give it to you

i have the knothole island dlc so i have master cutlass and clock work rifle with 4 augs (luck and life, devastation, flame and shock) i can kill most any thing in 2-3 hits, i had more trouble with the bandits part rather then the troll, the balverine part just stand in the middle and charge a lvl 5 fire spell and you can be done that whole round in under a min

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

The Crucible is laughable, IMO.

To easy, 'Nuf said.

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

That damn troll can be tough if you don't stay on your toes. I finally beat it once with literally 1 second to spare. It helps to have a really fast loading, repeating pistol or rifle.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

xSiLeNtxD34tHx;347022 said:
The Crucible is laughable, IMO.

To easy, 'Nuf said.

yes i do agree, the arena in the original fable was actually quite challenging.

but you know there's always someone that gets a use out of these kind of guides.

To b honest the only rounds i ever had trouble with were the Troll and the Bandit + hiywayman (flamethrowers) there was always one guy i'd missed ! and in the troll one i kept getting pwned by the hobbes - as i was aiming one of them would just hit me and make him 'flich' but by the time my char had recovered id got nailed by the troll's boulders or stamp attacks!.

RLRAFTERMAN

Reaction score

I beat the troll relatively fast just by shooting it with the red dragon (Not zoomed in) and took the time to kill the Hobbes instead of trying to avoid them.

Nikabrik

Reaction score

the best weapons to use in the crucible are the daichi and the enforcer.i was so stupid to sell the enforcer and get the perforator just because it can shoot fast.and,after every perfect round save.if you fail the next round,restart your xbox 360.

ojox the blob

Reaction score

For the troll you have to use The Blades Spell, it's the only way I did it, only way I tried but..

Status
Not open for further replies.