• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I GOT IT, I GOT IT, **** YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rek2k

Reaction score
Disappointment for sure, Lionhead is only good at that.

Jace

Reaction score
Disappointment for sure, Lionhead is only good at that.
This is one mans opinion I wouldn't call it that yet. Just a few hours ago the guy said that game was a masterpiece. And he seems to be rushing threw the game.

rek2k

Reaction score
I've played the game, almost finished. Yes, I am indeed disappointed.

Autarch

Reaction score
I have to say, from watching a LiveStream, I'd say the game could be about a third longer for it to work well (with the entirety of that third shoving you into Aurora and forcing you to stay there, maybe take on Auroran clothing or something :p), put the "ruling king" thing back in (seriously, that was a ****ing major part of the gameplay hype god damn it, Molyneux) and GIVE AN EPIC BOSS BATTLE AT THE END YOU HAD THE PERFECT ENEMY WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN IT?!

Other than that, though, the game seems pretty solid, and I think DLC will fill out the first bit of trouble.

Essentially: The game seems exceptionally fun (and funny!) but about a third too short. In any other year it probably wouldn't win GotY awards due to it's length, but this year has seen a rash of very short games - so you never know it might do.

Burrito

I must break you.
Reaction score
Yeah, enough with the spoilers =)

sirsimon

Reaction score
Just finished the game. I have to say that to be King is awesome, but it's about 2 hours, then it will be just like Fable 2, without power over people. The judgement system doesn't exist, tha doesn't hate rabbids (LOL) and the final part is AWFUL, compared to the rest of the game. It was a disappointment. And the game doesn't alert you when you're going to do the final quest, so you will miss an achievement if you don't do a thing before you-don't-know-when: AWFUL.

How is the final part awful?

How many hours was the gameplay?

rek2k

Reaction score
How is the final part awful?

How many hours was the gameplay?

If you rush, like even skipping enemies, fast travel, I think you can run through this within 6 hours easy. The final part was definitely lackluster, it just feels as if they left it till last minute and rushed it out the door.

sirsimon

Reaction score
how many hours if you complete everything?

HOW WAS THE FIGHT WITH LOGAN?

rek2k

Reaction score
how many hours if you complete everything?

HOW WAS THE FIGHT WITH LOGAN?

If you do all the side quests, demon doors, chests, achievements, collecting... I dunno could be a very long time.

BIG SPOILER for your second question... if you really want to know

There was no fight, period.

sirsimon

Reaction score
If you do all the side quests, demon doors, chests, achievements, collecting... I dunno could be a very long time.

BIG SPOILER for your second question... if you really want to know

There was no fight, period.

bout the second answer, WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!

rek2k

Reaction score
bout the second answer, WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!

You fight all his guards, then you charge into his room, he doesn't even put up a fight, just gets arrested... all the major potential "bosses" in Fable end up being complete lacklusters...

sirsimon

Reaction score
dang, thats worse than lucien.
One more thing,

what did u enjoy?

What was Aurora like?

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
I was just wondering, cause if you picked Sacrifice in Fable 2, they could be living.

Oh. I suppose. However, since many people seem to be saying that the Fable 2 save input isn't in there, and Fable seems to lean more towards neutral, then the choice would most likely be the reviving of family. In which case, they wouldn't be back. Though I would like to see them back. :'(

rek2k

Reaction score
dang, thats worse than lucien.
One more thing,

what did u enjoy?

What was Aurora like?

I liked some of the voice acting as always, I just wish they would stop looping after the characters becomes "NPC" props, e.g. when you marry Elise she turns all of a sudden into a stupid NPC...

Aurora was cool for a bit but... theres only 2 zones and 1 city. I dunno, Fable is just not as massive enough as some other games. But I guess you can't really compare it to MMOs or like GW. There are 15 zones/cities in this game... 4 of which is Bowerstone... so the world is maybe a tiny bit bigger than Fable 2...

Fable has always been known for not having enough items imo... its feeling even more like an action/adventure now that PM gutted the inventory, even though the mannequins and weapon display is nice and pretty easy to use, I really see no need to gut out extra items and looting...

The new map thing is relatively cool and useful, since he gutted the map from Fable 2, now this new map is good for navigating around and looking at things. Having your own castle is nice too... but you can't even use the chairs or throne -.-

The beginning of the game always feels more complete and polish than towards the middle and end, I really honestly feel that Fable 2 had a lot more polishing than Fable 3 did, its almost as if they just kicked it out the door and got ready for Fable 4. Its unfortunate because it could have been so much more, just in story and polish aspects.

Lets hope Fable 3 PC comes out and is moddable... then it'll really be an amazing game.

It seems to be only a few zones. Like I said, a massive expansion of Aurora would sort out most of the game's problems.

Yeah, you know I wished Fable 3 was an expansion to Fable 2... because it really does feel right that way. Having the 3 to it does help sales, but I feel like its not impressive enough to be a fully new rendition. But then again, every game nowadays does this...

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Why is everyone treating the game like it was suppose to be God?

This is FABLE for those who don't know, this is what a Fable game is.

And no matter how much hype others have, not matter the opinion, no matter the problems, I have loved Fable since Fable I.

rek2k

Reaction score
Why is everyone treating the game like it was suppose to be God?

This is FABLE for those who don't know, this is what a Fable game is.

And no matter how much hype others have, not matter the opinion, no matter the problems, I have loved Fable since Fable I.

Problems don't really matter imo, it just needs to be moddable. Every moddable games is extremely popular and lives on for quite sometime. Even now people mod older TES and Civilization series. Fable 1 TLC was modded, and look how popular that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.