• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I HATE VISTA!!!

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
I HATE VISTA!!!

hiy i've been repeatedly been trying to obtain a multitude of things that involve downloading .fmp'sbut every time i try to apply them using either cbox or FE this message comes up
"Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click Continue, the aplication will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\pc\textures.big' is denied"
and then two little buttons saying "Continue" or "Quit"
and as jwc2200 and darkened soul know (btw thanks for all your futile but hope raising help guys;)) my most recent target was the bluetooth arqubus that i posted a thread about to obtain the precious fmp and then i used cbox and got a load of OTHER error messages but put it in a chest and then opened it... my game crashed ! :mad: >.< ARGHHH! CAN ANYONE HELP!

wulfric

Reaction score
Re: I HATE VISTA!!!

yeh ive already done that... can anyone help me!?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I already told you via PM's you had to take ownership of your files.

You obviously didn't listen. You're lucky JohnDoe helped you, because I wouldn't have.

wulfric

Reaction score

i have been trying to take ownership but it doesn't seem to work! this is me trying to take ownership of a file!(using the command prompt as a administrator) "TAKEOWN /f C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data (presses enter)
(answer)
"ERROR: Invalid argument/option - 'Files\Microsoft'
Type "TAKEOWN /?" for usage."
however the "Files\Microsoft" bit varies it sez every single part of the sentence that includes "/" in it!? no matter what the hell i do!
and btw Johndoe the tool in this t hread doesn't seem to work for me! (http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4625&start=0)

NOTE: i have not tried all of the methods yet so i will keep trying! :)
Darkened soul: i did listen but im obviously dooing something wrong and i recently pm'd john doe about something different and he sed that if it is a subject that all can benefit from the post it and then others can pitch in aswell :) and others who face these problems won't bother u (or when they do just reference the thread!)

EDIT: WOOOOOOOO I FINALLY GOT THE ARQUBUS! YEH! in the end i got it by downloading it from here!( http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6141&start=0& ) soooo THANKS EVERYONE
Oldboy - for the mod that worked
jwc2200 and darkenedsoul -for their tireless efforts and support
(oh and to all the people that contributed to oldboys mod - awesome stuff guys!)
as to how it worked ... i have no idea i tried it three or so times and on the fourth it just worked! however i do believe that it was JohnDoe's help (above) that did it as it was the only difference between the fourth and the other three times so thanks to JohnDoe!

wulfric

Reaction score

yeh but i've found a draw back... to play the game(just play it) i have to open FE as an administrator (even though i am one) and without modding click savemods and run fable!
(as this counteracts the 'access denied' thingy)
EDIT:
umm for some reason i wasn't alowed to go into the 'Archon's shrine' part of albion without the game crashing (i don't know why) so i went into cbox(as a admin) to see if i could fix it... it asked me if it wanted to fix my modding environment... i sed yes and it did i was then allowed to every part of albion without the game crashing... but i then realised that free roam wasn't working and i decided to check if the trader from the mod was still there ... he wasn't (but i've already bought EVERYTHING from him so i don't care) i would like to know what the hell happened!????

warischoy

Reaction score

thanks i use vista and no how u feel. it totally sucks and it is gay