• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think I figured out what chesty is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarkan

Reaction score
ive heard that there is an appearance from chesty in fable3, which ive not played yet (CAN'T WAIT!!) so there might be something there that proves me wrong, plz say if so. but it does show its not just something lingering in the hero of bowerstone's mind.

chesty's first appearance is in the brightwood tower, and although you cant really draw direct comparisons between the maps of fable and fable2 because of the largely different cartography, im pretty sure that brightwood is where darkwood was. So, if i were to be building a tower to study magic and will then surely it would make sense to build it in a place where the will energy is particularly concentrated, such as that of the chapel of skorm.
t'is of course indisputable that the god skorm was a hoax, as it was said by the oracle, however upon entering the temple there can be a sinister voice heard, so although Skorm the god was not real, it is possible that a presence could have been born, or summoned by the 400 years of Malicious thoughts and actions combined with the dark will energy.
so perhaps whatever experiments that took place in brightwood tower could have awakened the being that was once worshipped there, and perhaps it manifested its self according to the hero's longing for treasure. ?

but anyway, my theory.. CHESTY.... IS.... SKORM!!

wha cha think?

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
Perhaps, but is HIGHLY unlikely. The presence which was there did do something... and I think Brightwood isn't Darkwood (ironic DARKwood --> BRIGHTwood), I think that Darkwood grew into Oakvale, and was renamed Wratihmarsh. Bright COULD very well be descended from DarkWood though.

Good thinking... but I super highly think it is TOTALLY unlikely.

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
I actually like this thread/ hahah, First post. Anyhow, I hope we get too see a DLC in Fable 3, with brightwood's return/ so I can go to chestys original area ;D

SurroundedSita

Reaction score
All I can think of are those Axe commercials. Maybe our character will vault and do a "Pits to Chesty."

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Alright, let me toss out some in game lore and bust up this theory... My replies are bolded.
ive heard that there is an appearance from chesty in fable3, which ive not played yet (CAN'T WAIT!!) so there might be something there that proves me wrong, plz say if so. but it does show its not just something lingering in the hero of bowerstone's mind. It never was implied to be, according to Garth, it is a manifestation of will in some alternate will created land of nightmares. The bed is a portal to the Nightmare zone.

chesty's first appearance is in the brightwood tower, and although you cant really draw direct comparisons between the maps of fable and fable2 because of the largely different cartography, im pretty sure that brightwood is where darkwood was. Close. Brightwood is Greatwood, And Wraithmarsh is Darkwood/Oakvale. So, if i were to be building a tower to study magic and will then surely it would make sense to build it in a place where the will energy is particularly concentrated, such as that of the chapel of skorm. Good point, but... No. The tower has no magic, It's the bed in the attic. It's a good thought, but it was made by a rich will-researcher who ended up needing to be away from the rest of the world to study, says that on the deed.
t'is of course indisputable that the god skorm was a hoax, as it was said by the oracle, however upon entering the temple there can be a sinister voice heard, so although Skorm the god was not real, it is possible that a presence could have been born, or summoned by the 400 years of Malicious thoughts and actions combined with the dark will energy. I would love to entertain that thought, and correct, Skorm was a presence there. Nothing else is really said on that.
so perhaps whatever experiments that took place in brightwood tower could have awakened the being that was once worshipped there, and perhaps it manifested its self according to the hero's longing for treasure. ? Nah.

but anyway, my theory.. CHESTY.... IS.... SKORM!! No, Chesty is a dark monster that exists in Nightmare Will-Lands.

wha cha think?

That is all.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score
Skorm's my lacky, my tea boy, he's not a chest!

(well thought out argument though!)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I remember once researching the maps of Fable TLC and Fable II, and I decided that Brightwood was in the same spot that Darkwood was in. Ironic, but that's what I discovered.

But that theory falls down with Fable III, as Chesty's new "location" is way to the north.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I reckon Chesty is based of someone at Lionhead's maniac ex...

Aarkan

Reaction score
well the fable three map is a load of balls, it has no relevance to albion, im not sure if any of the fable 3 designers have ever played fable

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
well the fable three map is a load of balls, it has no relevance to albion, im not sure if any of the fable 3 designers have ever played fable
My thoughts when I saw Jane Grey's brain in the Hero of Bowerstone's museum.
Who the **** is Jane Grey? Our Lady Grey was named Elvira

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

It actually does make a bit of sense when you look at it enough. I agree though, they did warp in a lot.

Aarkan

Reaction score
bowerstone should be to the north, it makes sense only is the whole south half of Albion has been entirely flooded. (which is possible considering the state of wraithmarsh) but the mountains of the south were flooded and the flats of the north survived? and how is reaver alive with out the shadow court? and it looks like you could have waded to aurora from oakvale before the flooding, how the hell was it undiscovered? tis a load of balls

My thoughts when I saw Jane Grey's brain in the Hero of Bowerstone's museum.
Who the f*** is Jane Grey? Our Lady Grey was named Elvira

i know, there are loads things like that, its really disappointing :-(

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
They way they did it was they turned the map anti-clockwise by about 90 degrees. North is now west, etc. The mountainous peninsula to the east is where Oakvale and the bandit camp were located in the first one, and they've basically shifted Bowerstone north along the coast.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
CHESTY!! That S.O.B owes me money...

Faye

The Bandit Beauty
Reaction score
I would totally do chesty LOL!

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
I would totally do chesty LOL!
I was totally about to say "gay" before I realized you were a female.

Anyways the whole Jane Grey thing. She was an actual person. The Nine Day Queen. I don't think its a coincidence, since Lionhead has based a couple of its characters off real people. I mean Jane? Out of all the first names they could have chosen? So really I don't think it is a reference to our sweet and dastardly Lady Grey. Shes long and dead. Do you actually believe her brain survived over what? 300-400 years? If her brain hadn't crumbled to dust by then worms and other bugs would've eaten the hell out of it. Either Pmolly is trying to trip us up or he's slippin.

Also the way Albion is now. Logically you could explain it as both continental drift and plate tectonics. Bowerstone moved across the continent a bit as plates shifted and junk, and the entire continent shifted 90 degrees in the last 50 years, which sounds impossible but its a game. I find if you force logic into stupid developer mistakes it makes a little more tolerable. Even though we have no idea if Albion even has plate tectonics, earthquakes and continental drift is still considered a theory.

Aarkan

Reaction score
They way they did it was they turned the map anti-clockwise by about 90 degrees. North is now west, etc. The mountainous peninsula to the east is where Oakvale and the bandit camp were located in the first one, and they've basically shifted Bowerstone north along the coast.

i had considered such a thing my self, however on both the fable2 and 3 maps bower lake is to the east of bowerstone , and what happened to the rookridge/oakfield area? the continental drift idea seems to be the only thing that fits, and thats utterly ridiculous!!!
it just seems to me that meny of the lionhead employees must have the same focus to pay attention to the continuity as a small child with attention deficit disorder.. that also happens to be an ape.

Status
Not open for further replies.