• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'd make a really bad drunk...

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I wouldn't call that progress.
Except for the part where 'apparently' your body is not quite developed until you're 21, and (too much(?)) alcohol will disrupt this physical progress. I know that a person has not fully grown up physically until that person is about 21, but I don't know how alcohol interacts with it. But most likely negatively...?

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I seem to be a "can't drink enough to get drunk" drunk. Thankfully. I wasn't drinking anything really alcoholic, and it tasted bad enough that I didn't drink that much of it.

So you're a Heavyweight? That means you can drink and still drive Ok. S'all good...

Azer249

Reaction score
Lucozade, Milk, Juice and Water, As giki said, your missing out. That day i drank 5 pints of milk! man it was a riot, i couldnt even walk. Well as you can tell even thought my friends drink (yes im underadged deal with it) i wont ever, mixture of not for me and it tastes like S***. But yeh ive tried beer, its horrible, i prefer the taste of lucozade! and milk. OM NOM NOM.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Lucozade, Milk, Juice and Water, As giki said, your missing out. That day i drank 5 pints of milk! man it was a riot, i couldnt even walk. Well as you can tell even thought my friends drink (yes im underadged deal with it) i wont ever, mixture of not for me and it tastes like S***. But yeh ive tried beer, its horrible, i prefer the taste of lucozade! and milk. OM NOM NOM.
YESH. MILK RULES THE WORLD. And it's healthy too, so, yeah.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
But it comes from a cow's behind...

Reaction score
I drink but in moderation, I don't usually get smashed.

A glass of Merlot with some good cheese does it for me. I also enjoy an ice cold beer with a good curry. I mix my drinks with appropriate food most of the time.

I have been drunk in the past, I'm a friendly drunk strangely. I become a lot more sociable when intoxicated, people often say I should get drunk more often.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
So you're a Heavyweight? That means you can drink and still drive Ok. S'all good...

No. I didn't drink very much, was what I said.

Also, no, I'm the kind of person who would freak out if I was driving five hours after having one drink... which is better than the alternative.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Hope you're not serious Hobbe...

Well I'm not, but if you think about it...

No. I didn't drink very much, was what I said.

Also, no, I'm the kind of person who would freak out if I was driving five hours after having one drink... which is better than the alternative.

Well, try getting totally ****ed, drive a car, see what happens.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ryan Dunn will happen.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Seriously, people, I don't get this. I never drank before last night (and even then I drank very little) but every form of alcohol I drank tasted like s***.

And the fact that I drank just enough that my head started spinning... I don't get it. That doesn't feel good, after all.

Don't drink, if you don't like it, why bother? I don't drink, cause of the bad experiences I have had on it. Whoever thinks it is fun to get sick throw up, and wish it was tomorrow, is a little strange. :shifty:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It is most definitely an acquired taste. Alcohol (as in the substance, not alcoholic drinks in general) does taste like crap which takes a while to "phase out". When I first started drinking I too was amazed at how people found it enjoyable, but now I rarely taste that "alcoholic taste" and can enjoy the subtle flavour of the beverage itself.

Still can't stand high-alcoholic beverages though, because that horrible taste of alcohol just overpowers everything else.

Same as me pretty much and i started at a very young age. I was like 'How can people sit and socially drink this stuff?'. Now im the same and appreicate the flavours of the drink.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
If you were to drink a pint of Drakan's blood, you would die from alcohol poisoning immediatly.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've been stone cold sober for over 5 years now and I absolutely hate it, if I'm completely honest. I miss drinking so very very much but if I start again I know I won't stop. Stupid alcoholism...

Anywho, Walker you're not alone because Steve can't abide drinking. He's tried it but he can't get into it or see the point of it whatsoever so he never developed a taste for it. Last time he drank he just got so sick off it he swore never to even bother with it again. Was funny though...

When I have been mad drunk in the past I've been one of two people - the "I love everyone, stumbling around trying to be subtle but obviously mashed out of my tree" kind of person or the "you all hate me I know you do so I'm going to text everyone on my phone to that effect and threaten to kill myself with a plastic spoon" kind of person - depending on how drunk I was. First person usually woke up next to someone they didn't recognise or remember. Second person usually had massive phone bill to try and pay for and a lot of apologising to do. Both people were skint.

Still, REALLY miss drinking. Just that feeling of not giving a crap and the fact I never ever got hungover were wonderful things for me. Closest I get to being hammered now is when I'm giving birth and they give me Entonox. That's about the only thing I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks - breathing in that stuff until I pass out with happiness.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Same as me pretty much and i started at a very young age. I was like 'How can people sit and socially drink this stuff?'. Now im the same and appreicate the flavours of the drink.

I've only grown to like whisky (and cider, but that's pretty much lemonade anyway).

It's also not easy to find those flavors if you always drink some cheap crap. I mean, Black Label is by no means a super expensive whisky, being only more costly than Red Label (from the Johnnie Walker seires), but it's miles better than most I've tried. I can only imagine what that 200 euro Blue Label tastes like.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
You shouldn't drink and drive.

He illustrated that point perfectly, didn't he?

It's no joking matter.

It looked like you were making a joke though.